Anybody have a press in or close to London?

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
Hello all,

Just trying to replace the lower control arm bushings on our 04 mk4 possibly this weekend. Have new bushings but I'm lacking a big vice or a press.

Does anybody have a press that they could pop the bushings in for me?

Thank you:)

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
In Cambridge - yes - come on by if you want to make the trip. But you can do them in a small vice too.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Or go to the local Mufflerman and they will press it in for you for a small fee.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
In Cambridge - yes - come on by if you want to make the trip. But you can do them in a small vice too.
Thank you Adam. You are my main go to guy :) but sometimes I don't want to keep bugging you haha

I will keep it in mind and will let you know in advance to make sure you have free time. This isn't a time sensitive matter really, just some maintenance to make the front end more stable.

Or go to the local Mufflerman and they will press it in for you for a small fee.

I didn't know of that, I'll give them a call and inquire...Thank you!

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Mine is a record 6", and I did many sets prior to getting my press. any metal working vice will work, as long as it has an opening/throat of roughly 6" or more.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
As long as the arm (about 1.5") and the bushing (about 2") and a socket (3") that is the same size as the bushing can be stacked and fit inside the jaws you should be good.