Anybody have a DEF tank sitting around?

Dieselgorl

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I’m getting desperate to get my car back so here goes.. The level sensor for my DEF tank went bad. The entire thing needs to be replaced but it’s on national backorder. My cars been sitting at the dealership since the beginning of May and there’s still no ETA on when the part might be available. Yes they have me in a loaner but I desperately miss my own car, between the differences in fuel economy, general comfort driving it, and missing out on half the season of autocross. Does anyone that did the emissions delete still have the tank and associated necessary parts and would be willing to sell them. I’ve looked into doing the delete but alas my state does a visual inspection to make sure it’s all there, and quite honestly I can’t afford to do the delete right now anyway.

And before anyone asks, I have a couple friends that work at the very same dealer that could do the install if the service managers make a big deal of not allowing officially. I just want my car back. Preferably before December and currently it’s not looking promising.

PS I absolutely hate the 2022 Taos they have me in. For so many reasons.

pps since I didn’t include it and may be necessary information it’s a 2015 VW Golf TDI S

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
Car-part.com has many listed.
I'll keep the taos if I were you though. Can't beat a free car to drive.

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
id offer mine... but my DEF level sensor is used for my DEF- Diesel tank conversion so i know what i am carrying!

Nick from Canada

TDI
2012 Passat TDI
Is the part actually called "DEF Sensor"? I'm looking on Car-part.com for it. I have the same problem as well with it not reading my levels and telling me it will shutdown.

3hone

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Sportwagen TDI
I have my tank deleted. Everything worked fine before it came off. It's big and I'm in Canada so shipping to the USA might be more $ than its worth.