Anybody camping, split a site?

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Poor college student:rolleyes: here. Looking to save some green and camp for tdifest. Anyone else interested?

Bradfa? Other random RPI affiliated people? There has to be some other people interested? Get a few sites all together, could be a good time.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
if i were going, i'd be in for camping, definitely! perhaps someone with a room will let you use the shower :)

emile

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf GLS TDI 5-Speed, Reflex Silver
at this point im about 75% sure i'm going, and if there's a decently forest-like campground (please no electric and sewage hookups...) i'll be camping. no you can't share my tent. it says 2 man, but it's only 1 man 1 lady...

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
So if I bring my own tent does that mean you are open to splitting a site? I know when fest was in boston we had a lot of people camping so I figure there has to be atleast some interest this year.

emile

Veteran Member
TDI
that's a good possibility. is there a particular grounds you had in mind or should i look into state forest in the area?

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
I had nothing in mind. If anyone else is camping I am curious where to try and get all the TDI'ers together but beyond that no preference other than the closer the better.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
A quick note. There is a campground by the brewery that we are touring.

This campground ~15 miles away from the Fest site.

that's about the closest to the Fest.

Camping
Shady Acres Campground
Rt. 282, Downingtown, PA 19335 (610) 269-1800

Last edited:

emile

Veteran Member
TDI
Leo819 said:
A quick note. There is a campground by the brewery that we are touring.

This campground ~15 miles away from the Fest site.

that's about the closest to the Fest.

Camping
Shady Acres Campground
Rt. 282, Downingtown, PA 19335 (610) 269-1800
I saw this on the tdifest page; I didn't know if there was a state-forest option nearby. Unfortunately the closest state forest that allows camping near your car is about an hour drive from the fest. I couldn't find a site for Shady Acres; any info on the rates?

daBooj

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, could only find silver
And do we need to call before hand and reserve a site, or can we jsut show up. I plan on using a tent, I think (so long as Beta K doesn't back out), but have never payed to camp anywhere.

If we get a count, should we call and try to arrange to get a group of spaces nearby?

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
I'm in for camping.

daBooj

Veteran Member
TDI
ok, so... this is bumped.

here's the list sofar:
David594
josephd
Xcevans
TooRoundTDI
Mr.Mindless
SilverGhost
daBooj

How bout I call the campgrounds this weekend and see about getting the sites. If you want in, post and I will add your name to the list.

Last edited:

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
I ended up splitting a room with someone since the thread seemed to die.

imperium

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
I am totally with the camping idea, coming to Fest with TooRound. We will have an air cooled VW bus and a TDI bug. It would be awesome to camp near everyone else. The bus is not technically a camper, so we should be able to stay in the tent area with you all.....

mr.mindless

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Galactic Blue Jetta GLS
Anybody have a site reserved? I haven't called, this is a sort of spur of the moment trip for me if I end up going. I'm used to short notice trips, and short notice camping, but not on busy weekends in busy places where things end up booked up...

daBooj

Veteran Member
TDI
I haven't called yet. I should do that, I guess. I am planning on showing up on saturday morning, should I reserve the grounds for friday night as well? Is everyone still planning on camping? Mr. Mindless, should I add you to the list?

I've got to talk with Beta K about camping and the rain. She's never really been cmaping before, and I don't know how well she would handle a tent in the rain (even though it's a nice, dry, backpacking tent)

shortysclimbin

Veteran Member
TDI
Kubvan, mk2 golf, mk6 golf
I might be up for it im coming down friday night later anyone else from ny area coming late? we can caravan.... let me know via pm and what the site situatioin is. worse case I do it vt style and car camp.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
I'm up for camping. Any localtion set yet? Are we staying at Shady? I would be coming in very late Friday.

daBooj, if you have a list for campers, add me to it.

daBooj

Veteran Member
TDI
well, forget Shady Acre's, they are booked for the rest of the season.

I'll look into the link at the top of this page.

mr.mindless

Veteran Member
TDI
there are about a dozen campgrounds within 30 miles to the north and west. I haven't called any of them yet, if I do call around and find something, should I make a reservation for more than just myself?

daBooj

Veteran Member
TDI
I've the list of who wants to camp on page 1, about half way down. I think there are 5 or 6 of us. If you call, please reserve room for all. Thank you!

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
daBooj said:
I've the list of who wants to camp on page 1, about half way down. I think there are 5 or 6 of us. If you call, please reserve room for all. Thank you!
Oh, and let us know details so we can get you money,(if needed for spot or just to be nice) find the spots, etc.

Thanx,

Jason

mr.mindless

Veteran Member
TDI
Just made a reservation for 6 at:
Boulder Woods Campground
1050 Camp Sky Mount Rd., Green Lane, PA 18054 (215) 257-7178

rate for the whole weekend is $184, works out to under $40 each, hope that's alright with everyone otherwise I'm stuck with it. :)

We have site "Pine 3"

Woman I talked to said the site was plenty big for 6 people, hopefully that's true!

It's about 31 miles from there to the Fest, 45 minutes according to my Garmin software.

I'll be there sometime Friday afternoon, cya there!

daBooj

Veteran Member
TDI
daBooj said:
I haven't called yet. I should do that, I guess. I am planning on showing up on saturday morning, should I reserve the grounds for friday night as well? Is everyone still planning on camping? Mr. Mindless, should I add you to the list?

I've got to talk with Beta K about camping and the rain. She's never really been cmaping before, and I don't know how well she would handle a tent in the rain (even though it's a nice, dry, backpacking tent)
she's back in town, and no longer willing to camp. I've got a room at the hotel now.