Any San Diego/La Jolla area members want to GTG this weekend?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Does anybody want to "meet the moderator" next weekend? I will be in the La Jolla/Sorento Valley area for a week (or more) and I will probably be free to meet up with people on Saturday or Sunday (5/16-17) and maybe later in the week. I understand that there is a "Park & Ride" place at Mira Mesa Blvd. and the 805 where we could possibly meet up. This is very close to the hotel where I will be staying while my wife recovers from Surgery (and other treatments) at UCSD's Thornton Hospital. If anyone is interested, I will have VCDS with me (including a HEX-NET wireless interface) and I could also demonstrate my Polar FIS+ gauges and anything else in my sig below that interests you.

It would be nice to meet more TDI folks, but this is also a way for me to break the boredom. For this week, I will either be sitting alone in a hotel room watching TV and web surfing or I will be sitting in a hospital room watching my wife lay in bed while I play solitaire on a tablet. This does not exactly make for a fun vacation, some distraction would be welcome.

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited:

aslspiderman

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta
This is very close to the hotel where I will be staying while my wife recovers from Surgery (and other treatments) at UCSD's Thornton Hospital.

For this week, I will either be sitting alone in a hotel room watching TV and web surfing or I will be sitting in a hospital room watching my wife lay in bed while I play solitaire on a tablet. This does not exactly make for a fun vacation, some distraction would be welcome.

Have Fun!

Don
Don,

I'm too far away to meet up, although I would love to. Just want to wish you and your wife well and hope she makes a quick recovery.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Don,

Would be glad to see you again this weekend, if your schedule permits. Post a time that works for you. I am about 20 minutes away.

Here is a link to a map of the local area:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/V...1s0x80dc073d973e06ef:0x967a105d6f6c0b5f?hl=en

The Park and Ride is on Vista Sorrento Parkway just to the right of the 805 north entrance ramp. When you come up 805 from the south, take the Vista Sorrento off ramp. Then turn right. The park/ride is immediately on your right.

From the the North on 805 (meaning you are heading south 0n 805), take the Mira Mesa Blvd off ramp, turn left under the freeway. Vista Sorrento Pkwy is the first signal - turn left and the Park/Ride is on your left against the freeway. BTW, the Street View picture on the link - it is taken from the 805 South Mira Mesa Blvd exit. Just rotate the view to the left and you will see Mira Mesa Blvd goes under the 805

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
We arrived in San Diego today. My wife is scheduled to meet with the anesthetist tomorrow afternoon and her surgery is on Friday. Probably the best time for me to meet up would be sometime on Sunday afternoon. Saturday afternoon might work also, but this depends a bit on how her surgery goes on Friday. We can meet at that park & ride or we could meet anywhere else nearby. I am staying at the Holiday Inn Express at Mira Mesa Blvd. and Lusk Ave. We could have lunch at Chili's if you want.

On a totally different note, there are certainly a lot of big buildings around here that say QUALCOMM on the front. They must own most of this neighborhood.

Have Fun!

Don

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
<snip>

On a totally different note, there are certainly a lot of big buildings around here that say QUALCOMM on the front. They must own most of this neighborhood.

Don
Why do you suppose there are so many hotels around there? Qualcomm. Last I heard Qualcomm had at least 24 different building in the Sorrento Mesa/Mira Mesa area. All within 5 minutes of where you are. Likely added a couple more in the last 2 or 3 years.

Sunday is out for me now. She who must be obeyed has made other arrangements! So, we can do lunch at Chile's if that works. I'll p.m. my phone number.