Any recommendations for service in Madison, WI?

Herb Score

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Hello all,

Long time since I hung around here, so sorry if this information is readily available somewhere and I missed it. My daughter has a 2003 Jetta TDI with 295k miles that I've maintained since 2010 when it was at 104k. But I'm in the Detroit area and she grew up and moved to Madison, WI. She has either a broken accessory belt, or, much more likely, a broken tensioner. Car is at her apartment in west Madison. Any resources in that area anyone can recommend before I just find the nearest dealer?

Thanks.

Herb Score

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I have no experience with Jason but have seen others recommended him in that area. https://www.jasontdr.com/
Thanks, I'll check it out. Called one European service shop - don't do diesel (not that it's a diesel issue) and no availability anyway. Recommended a tire shop that does full service. They can get right at it. $180 diagnostic plus (not applied to service work) + $180/hr!!! Maybe I'm out of touch with rates. Called the dealer, $160/hr but no availability.

Herb Score

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
OK I chatted with Jason. I already know he's going to be a great guy for my daughter to know for getting her Jetta serviced. Thanks!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Jason is one of the best. Known him for years, and took great care of my son's '02 Golf when he was in grad school in Madison.

If he's too busy to help you out then you could also try Diesel Medic up near the airport. Also a good shop. But Jason is a true TDI guru. Tell him Peter said Hi.