Any others get this email

BradyS

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
I just got a email from VW saying basically they haven't even made contact with my lender for a pay off request and I can help by going and giving consent to let them access my account. So who else has gotten this email and if you have did you get a offer soon after? I probably shouldn't get my hopes up and just assume this means another two months.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Say what? I'm not even sure what that means. Sounds like you're being fished.

What does "access my account" mean? A password? The consent form you uploaded at jump is consent enough.

I'd double check its source. Others here have had 3-way calls initiated by VW with both the owner and the bank on the line.

null145

TDI
2013 & 2014 Jetta TDI
Yes, I just received the following email from "Volkswagen Group of America" <TDISettlementSupport_NoReply@vw.com>:
(I replaced my real/accurate claim number with Xs)

We are contacting you with an update on your claim status. There is only one remaining step before Volkswagen can extend an offer to you for your claim XXXXXXXXX. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. must obtain the current outstanding payoff amount of your existing loan.

This information is needed to generate an offer letter for your review, and for validation purposes must come directly from your lender. Depending on the lender, the process may require your direct involvement.

If you would like to help make this process go faster, there are steps that you can take to help Volkswagen obtain your loan payoff amount. Please contact your lender and provide both verbal and written authorization for the release of payoff information to Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.

You should provide written consent in whatever form your lender requires, but if your lender requires written consent and does not have a preferred form, you may use the Financial Consent form, which is the form you provided to us during the claims process and can be found here.

We thank you for your patience as we continue to process claims.

BradyS

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
Like consent for them to get the pay off. I dont think its fishing because they just want me to go to the bank and give confirmation and if they don't have any set document of consent than I can just give them the same consent form I already submitted to vw during the process

BradyS

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
Yes, I just received the following email from "Volkswagen Group of America" <TDISettlementSupport_NoReply@vw.com>:
(I replaced my real/accurate claim number with Xs)
Yes that's the same. Did you just barely get this also?

BradyS

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
So about the same time as me. I'm curious to see if this means that we could be getting offers "soon"

amybeth601

TDI
'11 VW Jetta TDI
Yes that's the same. Did you just barely get this also?
Hubs just read me this email that he received, so yes, we received it too. Interesting though, because the rep I talked to today said that they contacted our bank for a payoff amount on the 6th. Well, on the 6th, hubs was at the bank pretty early that morning and gave his permission for such information to be given when VW calls.

BradyS

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
Hubs just read me this email that he received, so yes, we received it too. Interesting though, because the rep I talked to today said that they contacted our bank for a payoff amount on the 6th. Well, on the 6th, hubs was at the bank pretty early that morning and gave his permission for such information to be given when VW calls.
Maybe its all just a fake send out to make us feel better

null145

TDI
2013 & 2014 Jetta TDI
The optimist in me says they are starting an improved information campaign and sending out email status updates on a more detailed or regular basis to help mitigate damage. The pessimist within says that they just restored their database from a backup a few weeks old and these emails went out automatically.

BradyS

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
The optimist in me says they are starting an improved information campaign and sending out email status updates on a more detailed or regular basis to help mitigate damage. The pessimist within says that they just restored their database from a backup a few weeks old and these emails went out automatically.
I'm right there with you but with how this whole process has unfolded I'm siding with the pessimist

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
We are contacting you with an update on your claim status. There is only one remaining step before Volkswagen can extend an offer to you for your claim XXXXXXXXX. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. must obtain the current outstanding payoff amount of your existing loan.

This information is needed to generate an offer letter for your review, and for validation purposes must come directly from your lender. Depending on the lender, the process may require your direct involvement.

If you would like to help make this process go faster, there are steps that you can take to help Volkswagen obtain your loan payoff amount. Please contact your lender and provide both verbal and written authorization for the release of payoff information to Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.

You should provide written consent in whatever form your lender requires, but if your lender requires written consent and does not have a preferred form, you may use the Financial Consent form, which is the form you provided to us during the claims process and can be found here.

We thank you for your patience as we continue to process claims.
Ah! That's a little different than "giving consent to let them access my account."

VW could have done a better job vetting their consent doc. They should include space for a correspondence address and a payment remittance mailing address, a fax number since those are apparently still a thing, and a spot for a Loan #, since some of our lenders are too simple to match the VIN and / or make of car.

Oh well...

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
VW could have done a better job vetting their consent doc. They should include space for a correspondence address and a payment remittance mailing address, a fax number since those are apparently still a thing, and a spot for a Loan #, since some of our lenders are too simple to match the VIN and / or make of car.
The consent form does ask for the account number. It also asks for an address, though it doesn't specify if they're looking for the payment address or correspondence address.

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
The consent form does ask for the account number. It also asks for an address, though it doesn't specify if they're looking for the payment address or correspondence address.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering about this when I filled it out. Surely VW has a database of contact info for all of the major banks by this point, right?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
You'd sure think so--they even have a bunch of banks in a drop-down when you initially file your claim (heck, they had that there by August of last year). If they know enough about the bank to list it, they should already have addresses (payment and correspondence), phone numbers, and whatever other contact information they need.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering about this when I filled it out. Surely VW has a database of contact info for all of the major banks by this point, right?
The problem could come up that depending on where and when you initiated your loan and which branch you were dealing with, there could be several different addresses for any of the larger banks. I know my mortgage lender has about six different coorespondence addresses and phone numbers.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, account number, but it came up in a early thread that some banks / credit unions were requesting the loan number as well, and one example of the payoff info not being provided because this was not noted on the form.

So I called the loan department at Unify FCU (formerly Western), and they confirmed yes, VW would need a loan number when submitting their query. FWIW, I have a second auto loan with them, and have had others.

What they were looking for was for me to have typed "Loan 4" next to the account number.

Back on December 9th I resubmitted my consent form. I bet slightly altered VW's form in Acrobat so I could squeeze all this added info in (including two addresses, the loan number, my CU's name change, and a working telephone #).

Whether this helped? Dunno. Never saw it updated in my portal (I faxed it), but got my offer a month later.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
We just called our credit union and they said they wouldn't have any issues giving the amount and no way other than a conference call for verbal consent. Back to waiting.

The vw line said they already faxed to the number our Credit union gave us. Kind of positive??

Last edited:

843tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 Premium Plus, 2015 Passat SE Tdi
I did not receive this email but last week I called the claims line for the first time and was told the same thing the email said go to my bank and give them consent so I did but I think it's all bs as they had not contacted my bank prior to even attempt to get the payoff so this must be a delay tactic.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I did not receive this email but last week I called the claims line for the first time and was told the same thing the email said go to my bank and give them consent so I did but I think it's all bs as they had not contacted my bank prior to even attempt to get the payoff so this must be a delay tactic.
It's also a way to shift the blame to claimants so they can avoid admitting how badly they've screwed the pooch in their handling of this process.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
I have a Capital One loan and have been at step 15 since Nov 8th...I didn't get one of these emails. :(

-T.

6DOF

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Jetta 6MT Premium, 2012 TDI Jetta DSG Premium
got this email last night around 21:00 CST. ***? I read that they needed me to get the loan payoff from the credit union sent to them somehow. No instructions on where to send the payoff letter either. Waited on hold for eternity this morning for the claims weiner to tell me that I didn't need to do anything. It was just notification that they were going to contact the lender for a payoff amount. Just do it already and quit screwing around!

Been waiting since Nov 4th for offers on 2 TDI's now and I am quite irritated by the whole process. All of the claims employees are contractors or temps so they have no vested interest in doing a good job, just bare minimums to push the claims process slowly along. I have spoken to many of them since November 4th, they are all trying to be helpful but have no clue as to when the claims will be processed or even looked at. We did the whole "Speak to your supervisor" routine and had no luck. Supervisor was clueless too.

Venting complete...

goodysgotacuda

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Goft TDI/6spd & Jetta TDI/DSG
Useless TDI Phone People: "We are getting a lot of complaints that people have not heard an update in 10+ weeks"

TDI People Managers: "Send them an email to make sure their bank knows we exist, despite the fact that they uploaded a consent document. Then they cannot say we have not contacted them"

*Sends useless email in hopes to defer pissed off people for a little longer*.

I hate Volkswagen. I hate Volkswagen with all of my heart.

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
I would agree with this. I already filled out and submitted the consent on 11/07 that says, yes, vw talk to the bank. There should be no need I need to do it again saying, yes bank, talk to vw.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
You'd think they'd request us to obtain payoff forms or procedures from the bank and submit to VW.

This really seems like VW chasing its tail.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
Useless TDI Phone People: "We are getting a lot of complaints that people have not heard an update in 10+ weeks"

TDI People Managers: "Send them an email to make sure their bank knows we exist, despite the fact that they uploaded a consent document. Then they cannot say we have not contacted them"

*Sends useless email in hopes to defer pissed off people for a little longer*.

I hate Volkswagen. I hate Volkswagen with all of my heart.

Dude, get a hobby. Life is to short to hate a car company with all of your heart.

I'm a Chevy guy and hate fords but just for fun

chief poncho

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Got the email today. After reading this thread, I have little hope that this means I'm closer to an offer. Anyone on this thread receive an offer yet?

Kukaless

TDI
13' Passat TDI
For those that received this email/letter call VW and your bank and having them fax the 10 day payoff letter to VWGOA. I just got off the phone with both my bank and VW. This letter was sent because Volkswagen has been unsuccessful at getting your payoff request from the bank multiple times. Call the claims line and that's what they will tell you once you get through to a Supervisor. They wanted me to give my bank written and verbal permission the next time they called but I had already done that months ago. I told them I would just rather have my bank fax the payoff document as I don't want any more delays.

FAX# 248-754-6602
Include your Name, Claim Number and ensure your banks info is on the letter.

I will place a follow-up call tomorrow to verify they receive the Fax and the process can hopefully continue. Been waiting at step 15 since the end of october and now I know why.

I hope this helps someone out. I wouldn't wait on VW though.

Good luck