Any GTG's coming up in Northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin?

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
dieselgrandad said:
What we really need is someone to bring bacon, eggs, hash-browns and toast and then stick around make breakfast about 4-4:30 the next morning when we finish up chipping cars. ;) :D
I can bring bacon, but I will not be there at 4:30 the next morning. If someone wanted to wait until 7:00, I do make great hash browns.:)

I can make it too, just pick the date. My GA peach likes you too....

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
Curious Chris said:
I can bring bacon, but I will not be there at 4:30 the next morning. If someone wanted to wait until 7:00, I do make great hash browns.:)

I can make it too, just pick the date. My GA peach likes you too....
We're more than happy with whatever people bring and it is all appreciated, but ..... if memory serves, you and the Peach brought the BBQ? If that's correct, and I had a choice, I think I'd put in an order for more of that. :eek: :D (But then I've never had your hash browns)

Last edited:

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
eats1963 said:
I hope Jeff can make it. I REALLY need a chiptune.
I have a couple e-mails out to Jeff asking about his schedule, but typically he is quite busy and doesn't respond right away.

The other side of the Jeff coin is we need enough people who are interested and commited to getting chipped, to make it worth his while. If I remember correctly we need 10 or 12 jobs for him to make the trip. But that's never been a problem before. The last two GTG's we worked all night and I know he's chipped or modded over 15 vehicles every time he's been here.

not_timmins

TDI
none yet.
I'm interested and rather new to the WI/IL TDI group. I'll follow the thread as the dates and times and location gets hammered out. I don't really have anything to work on but I like to listen.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
10, 20's, singles...as long as you pay!

busy, just retrieved your message with 80 more on top of it.....call me and if you have the parts I'll get you in ASAP.

FlashandFlare

Veteran Member
TDI
03,Jetta GLS Reflex on Blk leather, 06 Jetta Blk on Blk Pkg 2
Well I talked to the boss and she penciled me in as "away" that Saturday so I can prolly shoot over since I am only 30ish miles away.

I can bring the beer dip.

BTW, better ask........I missed a few GTG's am I still welcome ?

SpeedFreek

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 New Jetta
I might be able to stretch my 80k service until then if I ride the bike exclusively until june. Does anyone have a MkV with 100k on it yet? I want to watch a timing belt get done on one before mine needs it.

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
FlashandFlare said:
Well I talked to the boss and she penciled me in as "away" that Saturday so I can prolly shoot over since I am only 30ish miles away.

I can bring the beer dip.

BTW, better ask........I missed a few GTG's am I still welcome ?
Oh well .... I suppose :D

Gonna' bring any of that venison you 'grilled'?

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
SpeedFreek said:
I might be able to stretch my 80k service until then if I ride the bike exclusively until june. Does anyone have a MkV with 100k on it yet? I want to watch a timing belt get done on one before mine needs it.
Kidding right?

I've done 50 of them.....There are some coming up on 200K already.

Chi Town TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta
jasonTDI said:
10, 20's, singles...as long as you pay!

busy, just retrieved your message with 80 more on top of it.....call me and if you have the parts I'll get you in ASAP.

Dayum, I had no idea you were THAT busy... I bought a car to get me by for now, but it WILL be coming to u when I'm ready... Funds have been lacking lately :mad: