Any GTG's coming up in Northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin?

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
He was probably wondering where the brats and chili were, too. I didn't need anything done on my car, but still brought food to share with everyone. My crockpot had been completely emptied of chili by the end of the day. :D :D

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
let's face it....there are tools in every crowd. If I call you a tool and still work on your car, I like you. If you are getting the tow truck treatment you are on my list.....

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
jobob307 said:
Scurvy did you ever here about what happened at the last GTG I hosted?
This guy showed up at exactly 7:00AM and was upset about several things.

1. Where was everyone it is supposed to start now
2. I was still pulling boats and trailers out of the garage
3. There wasn't any coffee and donuts
4. Where is JasonTDI

This guy was so upset he left muttering what a waste of time.
Oh hell yeah I heard about that. I also seem to remember the year before somebody showed up either a weekend early or a day late...

jasonTDI

TDI
Reason #54 why there will NEVER be a GT at my shop...."lost" a few tools after the move to the new space. Pretty fast you'll all be banned to the waiting area. Just gonna happen.

gborgh

TDI
2003 jetta tdi 1.9l
If people would just drop their cars off at your shop like I do then you wouldn't have to worry about secluding them in the waiting area. There is a mighty fine KFC up the road for waiting if people can't keep their hands off your tools.

Last edited:

jasonTDI

TDI
gborgh said:
If people would just drop their cars off at your shop like I do then you wouldn't have to worry about secluding them in the waiting area. There is a mighty fine KFC up the road for waiting if people can't keep their hands off your tools.
Think your LP failed.....trying a new one tomorrow. Your exhaust is all set to be put in tomorrow as well. Besides you're too busy to hang out!

jasonTDI

TDI
Sip'n Diesel said:
some people like to watch and learn something about their cars
Some....some are looking for an a** whipping! Besides, leather chairs, Big screen, 18 kinds of coffee and tea.....Steve the plant.:D ...Got a good waiting area.

jasonTDI

TDI
Just waiting for the paint work. The rest is ready to roll. Different shop now too....

MJ72

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta pkg1
Hmm, I haven't been there since the TV got hooked up. Your waiting room is better than my living room. I should've had you do my timing belt this week, I could've watched NCAA basketball all day. Leather chairs, TV, no wife. Seriously, you may want to downgrade your waiting room or you'll start finding two or three of us there every day.

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
Jason sorry to hear about your problem with a**clowns with stickyfingers. I hope that it doesn't come down to you bannishing us to the waiting area. The knowledge you share with us and the jokes you provide make the trip for us non-locals worth it. I learned that I am going to need to get a pretty good metric set to deal with VW's "fastner size of the day" scheme they have going on under the hood.
Btw the A** beating you dish out should also include a trip to the Horicon marsh.

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
YAWN!! snort!! scratch-scratch-scratch, ARRRGH! blink-blink.

(Dieselgrandad's out of hibernation.)

What's this about a GTG?!?

bogievw

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Wagon- why yes, it is silver. How'd you know?
jobob307 said:
Scurvy did you ever here about what happened at the last GTG I hosted?
This guy showed up at exactly 7:00AM and was upset about several things.

1. Where was everyone it is supposed to start now
2. I was still pulling boats and trailers out of the garage
3. There wasn't any coffee and donuts
4. Where is JasonTDI

This guy was so upset he left muttering what a waste of time.
Well obviously Jason was making the coffee and donuts. :D

Sorry, but anyone who streals tools from a mechanic like Jason is far worse than a tool. That's just cutting off your nose to spite your face. Morons!

Last edited:

eats1963

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
dieselgrandad said:
YAWN!! snort!! scratch-scratch-scratch, ARRRGH! blink-blink.

(Dieselgrandad's out of hibernation.)

What's this about a GTG?!?
Any plans for one this Spring?

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
eats1963 said:
Any plans for one this Spring?
Not between now and the beginning of May. I have to go to the UK in mid-April, and won't be back 'till May 9th.

After that I'd be up for one - we got a lot of the shop cleared out, painted the walls white, and are updating the lighting, so the place is looking pretty good and less like a dungeon.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
dieselgrandad said:
Not between now and the beginning of May. I have to go to the UK in mid-April, and won't be back 'till May 9th.

After that I'd be up for one - we got a lot of the shop cleared out, painted the walls white, and are updating the lighting, so the place is looking pretty good and less like a dungeon.
Da darkest parts uv da dunjin der made fer a good place to adjust da headlights.

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
lovemybug said:
Da darkest parts uv da dunjin der made fer a good place to adjust da headlights.
Doan'cha woree der, eh? We can still make 'er dork e'nuf so dat ya can't find yer butt mit boat hans, doan'cha know. Gotta keep dem der lights aimed good der, so ya doan go grill'en dem hoofed rats wid da car ... like dat der Flash 'n Flare jus dun.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
You are so lucky to go there! You get to drive all the cool diesel cars those of us on this side of the pond will never ever see.

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
Thunderstruck said:
You are so lucky to go there! You get to drive all the cool diesel cars those of us on this side of the pond will never ever see.
LOL, probably the only 'cool' diesel I'll drive over there is my daughter's '95 Passat IDI Estate (Variant). What's cool about it tho' is my son-in-law runs it on straight veggie oil, rapeseed or sunflower, that he buys in 15 l pails from the Brit Wal-Mart. (Anybody in the UK need a bunch of 15 l pails?) In fact while I'm over there, I've been 'volunteered' to help him do a tranny swap/upgrade, to a TDI box. He found one for about $100; it has a lower fifth and will get him better MPG on the Motorway.

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
Another Dieselgrandad GTG?

OK

I got the ball and am running with it; grabbed the bull by the horns, whatever.

I've PM'd Jeff at Rocketchip and Peter at TDIparts to see if they're interested, and what their schedules look like. Last year we inadvertently clashed with Waterfest and Peter couldn't make it. I'm trying to avoid any similar conflicts this year.

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
DGD Hopefully your gtg will coincide with my spring oil/filter change. If so it would tip the order scale to TDI parts as I would then be able to just pick up my parts. Its tough having to choose between 2 vendors when they both have good reputations. But that is just the added bonus. From what I understand your gtg along with Jobob's gtg are legendary. Best of all I get to take the Jetta on a good long ride. The once a month Racine to Chicago and back run seems to just be a tease for my TDI.

TT71

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
I'll gladly bring my chili too. Only if a majority dont mind the jalepenos and the little bit of habanero.

dieselgrandad

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Silver B4 Passat
What we really need is someone to bring bacon, eggs, hash-browns and toast and then stick around make breakfast about 4-4:30 the next morning when we finish up chipping cars. ;) :D

jasonTDI

TDI
Depends on the weekend. Lots of stuff planned.