Any good salvage yards in the central Minnesota area?

kbrenny

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
I am having trouble finding any salvage yards in my area (60 miles north of Minneapolis). I lived in Dallas for 40 years and knew which yards were the best for MK4 cars, now I am having trouble finding any with a decent selection. Any suggestions?

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
I am having trouble finding any salvage yards in my area (60 miles north of Minneapolis). I lived in Dallas for 40 years and knew which yards were the best for MK4 cars, now I am having trouble finding any with a decent selection. Any suggestions?
Your around Mora right? If so drive down to upullrparts in east bethel. They have a good set up.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Otherwise theres a imports place in Elk river, but i don't remember their name.

kbrenny

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
Thanks for the info, I've passed upullrparts many times driving to the cities. Never thought to try them.
We still need to get together and have a few beers some weekend. I miss getting together with my old TDI friends back in Dallas.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the info, I've passed upullrparts many times driving to the cities. Never thought to try them.
We still need to get together and have a few beers some weekend. I miss getting together with my old TDI friends back in Dallas.
Their system is a bit different as they never know what they have far as parts go. They only know what and how many of those vehicles they have in the yard. You can go on their site and look what they have for inventory, amd all their pricing. Also If you know how to read vins you can do that before you head down there, so you know what of their vehicles are what. I do that to keep an eye out for ALH's.

Never done a gtg but it sounds like a good time

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
I've always thought a pick-n-pull would be a great place for a get together.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I've always thought a pick-n-pull would be a great place for a get together.
Actually tho! That could be a good time. Spend 2-3hrs pulling stuff and hanging out in the yard. Would want to make sure theres a few options for tdi's. Sounds fun to me. My friends and i go every now and then for fun.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
After seeing this thread I decided to check their inventory at East Bethel. They've just received two 2001 Golfs, Oct 20th and Oct 21st. No information on which engine or transmission, but they might have parts that will fit on a 2002 Jetta wagon. Let us know if you check them out and what you find.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
After seeing this thread I decided to check their inventory at East Bethel. They've just received two 2001 Golfs, Oct 20th and Oct 21st. No information on which engine or transmission, but they might have parts that will fit on a 2002 Jetta wagon. Let us know if you check them out and what you find.
What's the fuel pumps for them run? The cp3? Any idea

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
If you run the vins letter number 4 will tell you what number. They have vins on the site.
I was just there Tuesday, and they have a black golf with newer bilstein shocks in the rear, I tried getting them off, but two of the top mounting bolts are stripped out🙁. If i go back to get them I'll have to cut them out with a sawzall unfortunately. The gulf is near the end of the short rows in the imports section if any of you wanna beat me to them.

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
What's the fuel pumps for them run? The cp3? Any idea
I was only looking at what they had for Mk4 VWs. None of them have CP3s, so you'll need to do your own Mk6 search.