Anuthee status

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
hey guys, Anuthee (aNut) got hit by a car last night while riding his bike. He'll be ok, but he's gonna be out of commission for a while. :(
he's at St Andrews hospital. If you're in the neighborhood, I'm sure he would appreciate a drop by for well wishing. Not sure of the room number, but I think he could probably use whatever support we can give him as his friends.

Last edited:

navajow

TDI
2000 Jetta
Get well soon Anuthee! Next time I'm up there, you're getting that Marble 6pack I promised.

aNUT

TDI
'01 TT (ALH-ish), B7 Audi gasser, '05 Golf
Thanks guys -

St. Anthony's Central #228

The tally so far is:
4+ broken ribs
broken scapula
broken clavicle
collapsed lung
some cracked vertebrae; though not nearly as serious as that sounds.

I'm having the clavicle plated tomorrow, and I'll be out as soon as the doc's are confident that my lung is going to stay inflated.

Vista

TDI
none (yet)
Get well!

So sorry to hear about this-- hoping for a quick recovery, at least in time for ski season!

Take care and will be in touch when I need my Jetta worked on again!
Rio

Jeepmb

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 1.9 TDI GLS
Hey anuthee, man sorry to hear this. You may say that stuff isn't as serious as it sounds, but is sure ain't good. Glad to hear you'll be OK though, your a good help to many of the people in this area.

To your full recovery,

Tugg

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
Ouch brother. as one who has had a fractured skull from a bike accident. Get better!! the best wishes for you... take it easy.... it might be a while, but you'll get back on the bike again.

Get well

Eric B

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
aNUT said:
Thanks guys -

St. Anthony's Central #228

The tally so far is:
4+ broken ribs
broken scapula
broken clavicle
collapsed lung
some cracked vertebrae; though not nearly as serious as that sounds.

I'm having the clavicle plated tomorrow, and I'll be out as soon as the doc's are confident that my lung is going to stay inflated.
Dang Anuthee. What, were you trying to beat the whole wrist thing? Sounds like you did.
I hope you get better soon.

Tim

aNUT

TDI
'01 TT (ALH-ish), B7 Audi gasser, '05 Golf
Thanks for the well wishes guys; especially to Steve Carrol who offered to finish up cars I had in the shop! For those that don't know, Steve works on these cars in his spare time, and is about to be going to 60 hour weeks for his day job. Jim 'Dieselgeek' Royston will tell you that time is more valuable than all, and Steve offered up what he had. That means a lot.

Luckily, all I had pending was a BRM waiting on a MAF sensor...I'll be making a post about that in the A5 section. My buddy Collin was able to knock that out without incident.

Collin's a genuine Audi trained tech, a super guy, and he has a good amount of trackside experience as well, so if your Quattro needs work; I'd be happy to pass on his contact info. Who knows, I'm about ready for a bigger and better shop (as is he) and we may soon be partners in crime.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Glad to hear that you're going to be okay. That's a heck of a lot of broken bones. :eek:

Take care.

Hawkwind

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 Jetta Qty=1
Damn dude! They got you good! :( Glad to hear that you're healing though. Still in the hospital or are you out yet?

honda_vtec2

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf ALH tdi, 1997 Jetta 1z tdi
I really hope you are doing well. Your contribution to the forum is greatly appreciated. Also for a busy guy like yourself taking the time to offer advice to the public.

-get well and stay strong!

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
:eek: Holy crap! I'm glad you're getting better. I hope you get some insurance cash settlement for pain and suffering. That must've hurt like hell. Anyway, great to have you back.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Glad to hear all is well and you are back working in what appears to be record time!

Don't over do it, and be careful. It's too easy to re-injure yourself while healing!

Tony

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
ANUTHEE

Glad to hear you are back turning wrenches...

Wished that I had heard that you got hurt could have visited you while @ the hospital.

Keep going, be like a bunny!

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
@ his age..., why not practice to be "perfect" for later days?!

No, no...
What I meant was to be like the bunny that keeps going on and going on, few broken bones should be NO problem for a bycicle rider, right Anuthee?
:D