Another vag-com resource in DFW

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
I now have vag-com (because I'm a techno-junkie) and the A4 Bentley CD (because it sure beats popping off random body panels looking for places to route cable).

I am willing to meet with anyone in need of diagnostics/EGR mod/etc. You are also welcome to drop by for a brew (Killian's is nice) and browse the shop manual.

I'll be happy to assist you in connecting the unit to your car and looking over your shoulder while you work, but I'd prefer to cover my butt and not do anything to your car.

Home is in Plano, TX. Work is on the western end of Farmer's Branch. Send an e-mail through the board to introduce yourself if you'd like to play.

erich elmer

Hi There!

Thanks for offering the use of your new toys!! I've been looking for the use of a vag-com here in Missouri to no avail. My in-laws live in Garland so the next time I'm in town, I'll let ya know. I need to do the EGR mod to my wifes 03 Jetta Wagon.

Erich Elmer

Mendei

TDI
2000 Silver TDI
Alright! It seems like there is a small number of vag-com owners for the number of people in DFW. Thanks for the offer. I have a feeling we may meet someday over an ale or two.

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
Yeah... I thought there were too few Vag-com folks in the area... Especially considering the number of TDIs on the road here.

I've now discovered that there are at least 3 TDIs in my neighborhood.

737tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI, Tornado Red (faded), 238,000 miles!
Great, although I live south of Kaufman, I work at Love Field. So it wouldn't take long to get to Plano. I used to live there off of 14th St. Thanks for the offer, it's much appreciated.

lilredjetdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2003, Tornado Red
I've now discovered that there are at least 3 TDIs in my neighborhood.
I never get to see any TDIs around here. But, great that you got this toy of yours, nice of you to offer to help as well

BTW, not sure if you have already got ur TDI....

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
Yes! The TDI arrived at Boardwalk on May 28th! We're at 1200 miles and counting... 45.3 MPG on the first full, vented tank (even after a 100 mph blast to Austin and back).

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
Heh... You've mentioned that... I'll get some pictures this weekend. The wagon is going to run as a support vehicle for the Collin Classic bike ride on Saturday. I figured out real quick that 100 miles at 17 mph would work a lot better with the Jetta idling in 3rd gear than the Miata *****ing about being in 2nd at 1700 rpm...

By the way... 1 silver Golf TDI and 1 silver Jetta TDI encountered east bound on 190 yesterday afternoon on the drive home... I sure do see a lot more of these now that I own one...

crewdog5

Glad to see another fellow TDI'er online. My buddy and I commute between Dallas and Wichita Falls, he also has a TDI. Thank you for making your Vag-com available.
Maybe we can all meet for a cold one

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
Glad to meet another Texas TDI owner. I live just outside of Tyler (East Texas) about 2 hours east of Dallas. We need to have a D/FW TDI GTG sometime this summer.

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
How about a "drive and eat" event on Saturday July 26th?

Depart Denton, TX at around 10:00 am. Traverse various two-lanes and/or twisties north to Oklahoma. Lunch at Fulton's Fried Pies, followed by a lap around Lake Murray and a visit to Turner Falls.

There will be lots of stops along the way for Vag-com, poking around under-hood and chatting.

Dinner will be catfish at McGeehee's or some other equally laudable catfish establishment in Oklahoma.

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
Sounds like fun. Except for the catfish part. I don't eat fish. But if they have Chicken Fried Steak I'm there.

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
I don't think McGehee's has chicken, but they do have steaks... All dinners are around $10-12. Catfish is all you can eat.

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
I know of what you speak. I've heard rumor of a catfish joint southeast of Ardmore that does chicken fried steak. Someday I'll learn how to read.

Hmmm... perhaps this would get more attention if posted as an event instead of vag-com...