Another Recall

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Just received a recall notice for Recall 23T3 - Connector Seals. Repair is not available yet.

Improperly assembled wire seals in a connector of an under-body sensor may allow water to corrode electrical terminals. this can lead to an electric short with the possibility of overheating at the electrical connection, and cause the MIL to illuminate. In rare cases, overheating could result in a fire underneath the vehicle.

In basic terms, VW not only cheated emissions but also planted a sensor that would ensure the car burns down (self-destructs) just prior to buy-back.
Well, that is if it actually works....LOL

Kidding on this last part - but another friggen recall - I need a new owners manual binder just to store all these recall notices......

Enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend Everyone

mtbsteve

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE w/roof and nav
I need a new owners manual binder just to store all these recall notices......
Enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend Everyone
I received my notice yesterday as well and I was thinking the same thing! We are now at the point where I get one with every 10k service. Just another trick to get us back to the dealership for service.;)

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
Feels like I've been getting one per month.

I've owned a number of vehicles and no other vehicle has had anywhere close to the recalls this car has had. That's before you even mention the other "big" issue we all face. June 21st can't get here soon enough.

Nebelwerfer

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
Feels like I've been getting one per month.
I've owned a number of vehicles and no other vehicle has had anywhere close to the recalls this car has had. That's before you even mention the other "big" issue we all face. June 21st can't get here soon enough.
Try owning a Dodge. After 25 years of nothing but Mopar I jumped ship. This is nothing.

Regards

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I received the letter yesterday. I haven't had the clock spring recall completed yet so I'll do them at the same time. If VW ever settles the TDI crap I'll trade the Passat in on something else. I like the Touareg TDI, but the used model prices are close to the used Q5 and Q7.

kr70

TDI
2005 passat tdi, 2013 passat tdi SE
Hey, they don't have the parts to fix them. Do you think they'll ever get the parts? Maybe they're waiting to see how many they have to buy back first.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Hey, they don't have the parts to fix them. Do you think they'll ever get the parts? Maybe they're waiting to see how many they have to buy back first.
Yes they will... There's still plenty of non TDI VWs with the Takata airbags in them.

IXLR8

Veteran Member
TDI
12 Passat Platinum Gray, 02 Golf Black, 01 Jetta Black
I just got my recall notice for 23T3 today. Does anybody know which 'underbody sensor' is the one with the bad connector?

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Ok, this is weird..received it again today..recall 23T3 - maybe they're just reminding me :)?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
No...

First one was telling you about a pending recall and they will notify you when parts are available.

Second one was telling you about an active recall and they are notifying you that parts are now available.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Received this recall notice today. No matter.
What're the odds my 2014 NMS Passat will catch on fire while in storage in my garage????

pbilodea

TDI
2012 Passat
Is the faulty connector the NOX sensor one?

Anybody knows if the connector is the NOX sensor one?

Here is my little story: I brought my 2012 Passat to the dealership 1 year and a half ago with a cel message telling me that the car wouldn't start after 300km. The adblue tank was full. They diagnosed a corroded NOX sensor connector. They quoted 1200$ cdn for the NOX sensor and 100$ to fix the connector on the car side.

If the recall is for that connector, I expect the job done for free.

I doubt that the car will be fixed anyway because from what I read on this forum and others, the "no start after so many miles or km" comes from a faulty heater in the adblue tank.

I paid 100$ for a diagnosis and I don't think it is right. If I bring the car to the dealership, they might fix the NOX sensor (if it is the one recalled) but the other issue will not be resolved. Rough estimate for the adblue heater replacement is more than 1500$.

I don't want to hijack the thread, just want to know what connector the recall is for.

Thanks.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Received this recall notice today. No matter.
What're the odds my 2014 NMS Passat will catch on fire while in storage in my garage????
It'll catch on fire only when watching it, so just stay away from the garage.

Skimax

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 variant(retired at 330K), 2000 B5 1.8T passat retired, 2013 SE (buyback5/17) 2015 SEL, 2015 E-Golf SEL sold March 2019, 2018 Volt LT and a 2007 PRHT MX5 for fun
Just had this recall done today along with our 30K service.