Another I Phone 4 Bluetooth Issue

pdh

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2014 BMW 328d, X Drive
I have a 2011 Jetta TDI purchased in March. I got an I Phone 4 (4) weeks ago and the problem is that, in order to pick up my office voicemail I need to "prompt" *7, then my extension number and a password. If I call through my phone (via contacts) there is no problem. If I try to call through the Jetta Bluetooth with "Call Office at work" command, I get my automated switchboard but the prompt is not recognized and I then need to put the prompts in manually. If I call through the phone and later use the "re-dial" voice command on a subsequent call, the call goes through to my voicemail fine. If I turn my car off, the call won't go through again. I've tried to add all kinds of "waits" but the prompts just aren't recognized......only through the contact list will it work. I've talked to my dealer, Apple store and Verizon but no one can help me. I did not have this problem with my BlackBerry. Any help would be appreciated.

NickBeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI 2006 Dodge Ram
I have some entries with "pauses" in them to dial a customer's extension that work fine. Others that do not. I never got a "wait" to work at all. If you change the entries to "pauses" it should work. The only problem is the phone book from our phone gets stored in the car's BT system. I don't think it updates when you change contact info on the phone. I've been meaning to re-read the owners manual for the BT system so I can figure out how to purge the BT phone book and re-load it from my phone, but haven't had the time.