Another GTG in SE PA?

FOG

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf GL 2-Door
:) Can't make Feb. or March. I'll be in Daytona FL for bike week. See you in the spring for GTG. Walt:)

flt_blk_tdi

TDI
05.5 MK5 Jetta TDI PD
yes they are. but just puttin this out there im on the tex with some guys that seem pretty kool so far and we are trying to start a meet in the whitehall area. its gonna be a weekly meet on sat night around 7, and we could always move to a place to eat and chill. lmk wat u guys think.

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
I swear these things are cursed.

I got run off the road this morning by a guy sleeping behind the wheel. I managed to miss him for the most part (our mirrors kissed), and ran straight into a telephone pole.

We'll see what the damage comes out to in the next few days.

I got about as lucky as anyone could hope to be once already in a situation like this. No one was hurt, and the guy stopped and fessed-up to the police when they arrived. And he has insurance, so there shouldn't be any problems getting the insurance companies to get things paid for, once they do their 'investigation'.

Wish me luck!

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
This one was still worth $15,500 for the kelly retail, so I don't know if there was enough damage to total it.

Engine still runs, and the car moves, everything about 1ft in from the front fender is folded up, airbags deployed (well only the passenger's actually, going to have them see why the driver's side didn't). That's about it.

SoaceMunky

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue Anthracite Golf IV, 13 miles and counting ;)
that sucks man. how attached were you to the wagon? any idea what the insurance will reimburse you?
at least you dont have to worry about the spots on the paint ;)
srsly, sorry to hear about the unlucky idiot that crossed your path. i hope you come out on top in all this.

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
SoaceMunky said:
that sucks man. how attached were you to the wagon? any idea what the insurance will reimburse you?
at least you dont have to worry about the spots on the paint ;)
srsly, sorry to hear about the unlucky idiot that crossed your path. i hope you come out on top in all this.

Love the wagon, if I have to replace it, I won't stop till I find one. Definitely have a better idea of what I like now. Hopefully there isn't any frame damage and I can take her home again some day.

I thought the same thing about a paint chip on the front grill.

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
Adam - so sorry to hear about the loss... hopefully it can get fixed, and fixed right!

Good luck with however it turns out...

TDI_Coast2Coast

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI SW 6spd Manual
Sorry to hear about the car Adam. That sucks :(

Glad to hear there were no injuries :) I hope everything gets settled quickly. I went through a little TDI withdrawal when mine went to junkyard :D

I don't think I can make this Saturday. Have a ton of people coming out for Superbowl and I had few issues in the new house. Nothing major, just the old kitchen faucet snaps off in your hand and the invasion of the Asian Ladybugs :pWTF is up with those things :confused:

jmasciulli

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI S DSG, 2004 VW Golf GLS TDI (sold 2014)
I don't think anyone's going to make it. We're supposed to get 12-24 inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow.

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
TDI_Coast2Coast said:
Sorry to hear about the car Adam. That sucks :(

Glad to hear there were no injuries :) I hope everything gets settled quickly. I went through a little TDI withdrawal when mine went to junkyard :D

I don't think I can make this Saturday. Have a ton of people coming out for Superbowl and I had few issues in the new house. Nothing major, just the old kitchen faucet snaps off in your hand and the invasion of the Asian Ladybugs :pWTF is up with those things :confused:

How much snow are you expecting up in the poconos?

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Wow sound real nice, You should stop and say hi to oilhammer

balkor2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
adamant628 said:
But I'm bringing home a 2003 Wagon with 34,000 miles on Friday from St. Louis!
WOW that is MESSED UP!!!
But am truly happen to know everyone is well and that the other person was man enough to admit the truth and to take it like a man. You know those kinds of people that cause something but never admit it or try to find blame somewhere else.

either way it is good to know all came out free and clear in the wash. Not to chime in on this (being that I am an EX-PA person. Moved from south central PA in 2001 or 2002) but what about the winterfest?? in NJ

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
adamant628 said:
But I'm bringing home a 2003 Wagon with 34,000 miles on Friday from St. Louis!
Ahhh,so you did buy the black one! Congrats-sounds like a sweet car-please post pictures after you get it SAFELY home! There are some that will say you are nuts for paying that kind of $$$$ for an 03, but I would rather pay that kind of $$$ for a low mile 03 than anything 04 or newer.

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
You know, it was only a little over the kbb for it. Plus it has ESP, which was one of my sticking points. I doubt I would have seen another ESP enabled TDI without a PD (or CR) for the rest of the year.

Now I can run BD with no concern, lots more upgrade options, etc. I feel like I've only been utilizing 20% of this forum having a PD.

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
I flew out to St. Louis on Friday to get the new (to me) 03 wagon. I had a great drive home with a short stop in Pittsburgh. I love the manual transmission, I was really missing out.

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
April 3 is the earliest I can do another GTG. If it's alright by you guys, I will start a new thread with details in the title.

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Hey Adam! Congrats on your '03! Btw - my 05 TDI ran 30,000miles on B100 without any problems. (Haven't been able to make any recently so it's been dino. Hoping to move NC soon, where B100 is readily available.)
Wondering about the April 3 GTG?
(We met last year.)
Kristina & Dean

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
April 3 is out for me, I'll be house hunting in Columbus, OH, actually. I'll try and get something set up before we move though.