Another Emissions Recall to correct what was done first.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Yep, in the other forum I frequent, it’s like January, 2017 all over again. Have you had oxygen sensor issues?

viper550

TDI
14 JSW 6M, 15 Q5 TDI S-Line
Yep, in the other forum I frequent, it’s like January, 2017 all over again. Have you had oxygen sensor issues?
I've had zero issues so far except annoying laggy throttle response. I was kinda surprised to get this.
I'm not sure if I want to take the chance of them ruining my vehicle, seeing I haven't noticed any real difference from how it was before the original AEM.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
I plan to wait and see what others report about performance after the new procedure. Mine has been rock solid before and after the fix, knock on wood.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
If no O2 sensor problems, waiting longer gets more life out of the current DPF, which will get replaced under the new fix. I plan to wait and see also, no problems or complaints so far.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
2022 Polestar 2 BEV - Current, 2021 Q5 55e PHEV - Retired, 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI - Retired, 2013 Golf TDI - Retired
Yeah. I got the same thing and posted it in the emissions forum a couple days back. I set my malone back to factory with my flashzilla and I am waiting a few hundred miles for all the readiness monitors to be good before I call Audi. When I get around to it... I'll give you impressions. My q5 has 51.5k miles on it currently.

craigldavis

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW M/T; 2014 Q7
Interesting.

Does it show up on your VIN at http://web.audiusa.com/recall/ by chance?

I haven’t gotten anything for my Q7 TDI (2014). It had the prior recalls done by the previous owner.

My vin shows nothing at the Audi site currently.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
It’s for the PC segment (Q5, A6, A7, A8), not the Q7 SUV.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
2022 Polestar 2 BEV - Current, 2021 Q5 55e PHEV - Retired, 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI - Retired, 2013 Golf TDI - Retired
Craig,

Mythdoc is right that it is not for the Q7 currently. But wierdly enough... I got the letter w/ my VIN on it for my 2015 Q5... and it doesn't show on the website....

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 -- 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI
Just put mine into the VIN CHECK and no active recalls other than the Infotainment one.

Anyone know if I bring my car to Audi for the Infotainment update. Could they look under the hood (see the tune/delete) and decide to cause some trouble for me? I have not taken the time to research this topic.

I did receive both recalls in the mail.

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
I don't have an issue with receiving a brand new DPF as that is one of the more costly items to replace but as others have stated, I would prefer to hear from other owners who have completed this new fix as to whether it results in any performance differences. Essentially, my biggest concern is the newer version flows less to achieve better emissions output.

2014 A6

TDI
2014 Audi A6 3.0
I received the same letter. Been kicking CELs for a while now. O2 sensor has been pulled and cleaned by the dealer and the CEL reset. All codes have been either soot build up on the O2 sensor or period between regens too short. I’ve got 125k miles on the clock and am looking forward to getting a new dpf. Hoping the flash will be somewhere between stick and the fix. If it’s choked down anymore I’ll just give it to the wife to drive ��. However I called the dealer about the letter and they knew nothing about it. Claimed they are usually the last to know.

Dr Chill

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 A8L TDI
The real question is if I bring my car in for the 35,000 mile service, will this be done automatically? I suspect not since the letter states they require written approval by the owner to perform the AEM-C.

Last edited:

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Dr. Chill,
I'd agree with you. You have to agree in writing to get this done. So I wouldn't think they can make this change w/o it. If they do you can probably and easily make them put it back. But since most dealers don't know about it yet... you probably have nothing to worry about for a few weeks even IF it was an issue...

2014 A6

TDI
2014 Audi A6 3.0
Has anyone had the second fix completed yet? I haven’t seen much on the old interwebs about this, which is surprising to me.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
I haven't heard about anyone getting it yet. I will likely be one of the first. I set my tune back to stock and have been driving it... last week 1 readiness monitor to go and then I will call Audi to schedule. I did reach out to malone( I have stage 2 w/ emissions equipment intact) and they said a retune will need to be done afterwards. I didn't ask about pricing of a retune but they didn't seem to think they'd need a physical vehicle just logs and etc as usual. My 2015 Q5 has 52.5k miles on it... I will likely get my 55k service done first by my mechanic and then schedule.. I'll let you guys know

Last edited:

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Spoke to the dealer. Looks like they wont have the parts for a few weeks atleast. I'll let you know.

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
Spoke to the dealer. Looks like they wont have the parts for a few weeks atleast. I'll let you know.
Daemon you have been able to tune, then set it back to stock, drive it around for a bit, bring it back to Audi and not be flagged "TD1"?

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Huskies,

I tuned. Turned it back and have driven it 1k miles. The dealer hasnt physically gotten their hands on it yet. But my guess is that they wont notice since this is for an emissions recall. They will likely do the work and then they have to put a new tune on the vehicle post this recall. Since they are replacing the DPF, NOC sensor, and O2 sensor. Also since it is a federal emissions recall... I dont think they can refuse to do it either way.....

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Huskies,
I tuned. Turned it back and have driven it 1k miles. The dealer hasnt physically gotten their hands on it yet. But my guess is that they wont notice since this is for an emissions recall. They will likely do the work and then they have to put a new tune on the vehicle post this recall. Since they are replacing the DPF, NOC sensor, and O2 sensor. Also since it is a federal emissions recall... I dont think they can refuse to do it either way.....
Tuning Voids the Warranty if they catch it. Thats what the TD1 flagging is. Gets them out of providing you warranty work since you tinkered.

There have been mixed reviews on whether turning back to stock will get you flagged as the flash counter will be different from their records.

We do know if you leave a Tune on they will flag TD1 (aka my car) but I knew that going into it.

Hope it goes according to plan for you!

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Huskies,

Yeah I agree. I know I may have to pay to play and appreciate the heads up. I've dealt with this before with Subaru and fought them and won. Ultimately they have to prove that the mod caused the failure. I wasn't concerned as this is an emissions recall and not something is broken currently. I 100% get what you mean....haha.... also I figured since they will replace it a d tune it..... it will reset whatever values or they will take it into account for future.

jpietrov

TDI
C7A6
Hey Daemon64,

What dealer do you use? I also have the Malone stage 2 and curious what you end up going through with this recall.

Planning on asking to keep all the removed parts due to the replacement cost of the DPF. I'd rather potentially have one which could be put back on if the new one fails in the future

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
jpietrov,

I just picked the one local to me which is Audi of Peabody. I've never used them for anything before... so not sure how it will go. They said they won't have the parts until mid-september... so I am going to contact them back in 2 weeks and see what the deal is. As far as putting the old stuff back on... not sure you could actually do that depending on where they are relocating the O2 sensor to... also the reflash with an updated base tune.... I did speak to owain at malone, and he said it will need to be redone on the stage 2 afterwards since the position of the o2 changes, and the tune from audi changes. Once i get it done.. I am going to wait a few weeks to let everything get settled and then i will reach out to malone. But either way I will keep everyone up to date.

thanks!

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi all,

Just spoke to the dealer and they said it will still be another few weeks. They are only getting like 1 of the new DPFs per week and anyone with a check engine light is first priority. They added me to the new list and will let me know... just wanted to leave you all an update.

Darkone

TDI
'15 A8L TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI
Just curious if any Canadian members have received this recall notice. I did not get it for either one of my TDIs; '15 A8 TDI or '14 Q5 TDI

Last edited:

bahiaeternal

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A7 TDI
I had the latest emission recall done yesterday. Apparently my dealer only receives the hardware on Wednesdays. Did not notice anything out of the ordinary, I did noticed that it shifted a hair quicker than before. Feels and sounds the same.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
Can you let us know if it's the same after a couple hundred miles... they have to retune the computer... so all your readiness monitors may not be "ready" not sure on these cars but every other car I've owned hasnt had the same pickup and etc... until then... also curious about your first regen if there is any wierd smell or etc...

Thanks!!