Another dealer oil spec check

JoshWagen

Veteran Member
TDI
Current: '15 GSW, '11 A3 Former: '13 JSW, 99.5 Jetta
Hey all - I’ve got another VW dealer oil spec I’d like to verify. Listed as G-030-01B-S0 on the dealer invoice. Internet search is no use. Anyone confirm this is 507 spec? Thanks!

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Why not ask them for a print out of the oil they used? Or maybe a pic from the side of the drum that should have the specs listed?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Hey all - I’ve got another VW dealer oil spec I’d like to verify. Listed as G-030-01B-S0 on the dealer invoice. Internet search is no use. Anyone confirm this is 507 spec? Thanks!
Well if you can't find anything related to it.. how can we? It's new maybe. Or maybe that's the bulk lot code only available to dealers? So call and ask the parts counter.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Well if you can't find anything related to it.. how can we? It's new maybe. Or maybe that's the bulk lot code only available to dealers? So call and ask the parts counter.
Because there are many in this group that either work in the field and have extra knowledge or are better at finding answers. It happens a lot here and I am always amazed and appreciative of the knowledge on this board.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Because there are many in this group that either work in the field and have extra knowledge or are better at finding answers. It happens a lot here and I am always amazed and appreciative of the knowledge on this board.
All I'm finding is it's cheap.... If it's that new.. the other guys would have to call vw as well.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
I can only assume that you're having the oil changed at the dealer. If so, don't sweat it and keep your receipt in case of future issues.
If you are buying the stuff, read the bottle\container they give you when you ask for that part #.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
There can be different part numbers applied to different oils depending on the container size, or bulk, or a local source beyond the normal VAG parts network. Not all dealers are the same.