And now for the real question.....

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, someday a getta, 2001, baltic green
Where is the fest going to be held next year? Any proposals?

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
It takes a few good TDI folks to put it on, and even though I missed this year's a group needs to stand up and get it started. There is a few around the St Louis area, surely someone will step forward to the task. Central locaction helps, but I would travel most anywhere for one. We don't have to race, anything can be done from, scenic drives, work sessions, show and shine, and a banquet. Plan it and you will have 90 or more show up. We need to plan now to keep the annual event alive.

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
I have quite a bit of info/suggestions from my experience this year. If anyone has any questions fire 'em my way and I'd be glad to answer them.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Rumour has that Jonathon Bartlett is exploring the NE suggestion.
The 2004 fest was not even mentioned at this years Fest!
I guess they forgot.......

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Fred is pretty up on that, I would imagine no one came forward to present a plan. I posted about 6 months ago for some area to have plans for next year, but it takes a key person who coordinates the show, enlist some real fine helpers, and then go for it. No reason not to have 2-3 areas planning for this every year.

Davin

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS 5spd blk/blk
What happened to the West-middle-east rotation idea? There seems to be a large west-coast contingent (not the least of whom being Fred!!!). I'm sure between the SoCal, bay area, oregon, seattle, and BC contingent a viable plan could be worked out...

fincoop

Veteran Member
Rotation is cool, but there has to be a team in that quadrant that puts together a viable plan. Who's to say that we don't have 6 different N.A. regions competing for Fest ownership, it could happen...

Blades

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
How about right in the middle of North America ? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope to be there next year. (Was working this year)
Maybe I'll have a TDI in my A2 but so far, it's more like I'll have a 1.9TD Intercooled. (It's still a Diesel)

S

sooner

This year's fest was in my backyard, travelling great distances is one of the greatest highlights of any trip,Baja, or New Mexico are great locations for me.

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
I vote for New England or Mid-Atlantic.

If all yall in the west want one - do one at the same time /images/graemlins/wink.gif simultaneous bi-coastal Fests! That way we can double the numbers!!!!

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
[ QUOTE ]
GeWilli said:
I vote for New England or Mid-Atlantic.

If all yall in the west want one - do one at the same time /images/graemlins/wink.gif simultaneous bi-coastal Fests! That way we can double the numbers!!!!

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I second that!

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I think a Baltimore/Philly Area would be great. LOL, not to be Boostfull of coming from that area. But Just as an Interstate Access point of view.. Pennsylvania Turnpike I-76. which both sections are feeders to I-70, I-95, I-80, I-78, I-81, I-83. Plus, come on, You can't pass up a Philly Cheesesteak would ya /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Oh the the back roads are nice and twisty. and flat out spots too /images/graemlins/wink.gif HeeHee.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
WINNIPEG? But Please in Summer LOL. Heehee though, I would go for B.C. too. Driving around the desert is fun too. Nice smooth highways in Arizona. You can really Cruise around Phoenix, Az MAybe, at Firebird Int'l raceway http://www.firebirdraceway.com/

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
[ QUOTE ]
je said:
Almost, we had it 'in' Toronto, which anyone in Canada will tell you is the centre of the universe.

[/ QUOTE ]

bahahaha... that's true /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Man, I thought the TDI fest would be in Burlington every year? I guess I totally lucked out this year by having it so close!! But seeing how much fun it was, I'm willing to drive anywhere I guess to make it out to my second TDIFEST! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm really looking forward to it!