And finally the pictures come screaming towards you with 115hp!

Stefan

Hi all,

I've been driving around in my 115 HP T<font color="#FF0000">DI</font> for about 2 weeks now and I am ashamed to say that only now I have managed to scan the pictures I took of it.
Well crowd, here they are:

Wadda ya'll think of it?

L8er!

Stefan

------------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

[This message has been edited by Stefan (edited May 26, 2000).]

Stefan

TDI Believer

The rear lights are part of the "Trendline" package. In the folder they are just referred to as "dark red tail lights". They can be ordered seperately as replacement parts (just thought you might ask me that question so I checked) but I don't know the price and YOU don't want to know the shipping costs
!!!

Stefan

------------------
--------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

Stefan

Only one thing I can say about the Ford F*ck-us in the background: "I'm glad it ain't mine!!!

Stefan

------------------
--------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

[This message has been edited by Stefan (edited May 26, 2000).]

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Nice Car!

What mods have you done?

------------------
2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed: Silver & Gray / Luxury & CWP, Monsoon & CD.

Stefan

Turbo Steve,

Ehhhh, MOD's, well ehhh ..... none! I ordered the 115hp version so chipping wouldn't be absolutely neccesary. I might do it in the future but only if I have cash on hand that I can't spend otherwise. Since I have a very expensive hobby (long range rifle shooting, any more shooters out there?) chances of that happening are marginal. I'm thinking about lowering the suspension a bit, say 3 or maybe 4 cm but since the ground clearance of the car is only 10.5 cm, I'm not to sure about that either.... I ordered everything I wanted in and on the car from the dealer and I'm happy so far.

In all, the car performs like a charm and it's fairly economical 34 mpg overall for the first 3500 kilometers, and Í've been kicking it quite a bit. So far, the best economy I got from it was 52.3 mpg on a 150 km trip.

Soon I'll take some pictures of the interior. I opted for jazz-blue impulse interior and it looks STUNNING!
My dealer never saw one like that before mine arrived and he said it was the best thing he'd seen in years!

L8er!

Stefan

------------------
--------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

Peter Cheuk

Gasser :P
TDI
'06 Jetta GLI
Stefan, nice car!

I suffered a neck injury a few years ago and can't handle anything larger than about a 12Gauge shotgun (and that is a little too much for me). Since most long range rifles come in calibers that kick harder than a 12Ga, I'm stuck to calibers that don't travel very far accurately. So, if I can't shoot a very accurate rifle, I might as well shoot a rifle that's fun (semi-auto). I do have a passion for handguns, though. Biggest thing I have is a .44 Magnum.

What caliber do you shoot?

Stefan

Fred,

FN-FAL .308 win (assault rifle)
Savage 110 FLP .308 win (sniper rifle)

No handguns for me (yet). Saving up for a .338 Lapua Magnum rifle.

Stefan

------------------
--------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

Stefan

Claude,

No doubt the headrests can be ordered and I'm even willing to find out whether I can get them for you and how much they would cost. My question for you would be, do you want to go through with it. No need for me to sepnd time on it if you were only joking!

L8er!

Stefan

------------------
--------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

Jeff Strachan

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI
Pretty car, Stephan.

I like those headrests too. They would presumably fit in a Golf, no? I'm not too interested in trying to import them myself. I think if we really wanted them, we should try going through VWofA.

Anyway, You only got 34mpg on your first 3500KM? With a 6 speed? I haven't seen less than 44mpg in over 6300 miles. It must be either the car is heavier than the Golf, or you really keep your foot in it because of the fun of those extra ponies, or a combination of the 2.

------------------
Jeff
'00 Golf GL TDI 5 speed

Stefan

Jeff,

I blame the weight of my right foot most of all!!!

Stefan

------------------
--------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

cars wanted

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS-TDI, 2000, white/beige
Are those head-rests the same ones that we see in North American New Beetles? If so, they will go well with the GL-type upolstory, but will be a little bit different than the GLS velour (like European "comfortline"). If these open head-rests are not too expensive, I, too might be interested in this up-grade.

TDI-Addict

TDI
Skoda Octavia II 2.0 TDI
Stefan,

Looks sharp! I think the antenna works for the cell-phone as well? Doesn't look like the standard one.

Maarten

PS Was the 52.3 a big effort?

------------------
2000 Passat TDI 110 hp

Stefan

Okay, all you friends across the pond, I'll start a new discussion in "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" about the open headrests. I'll get into finding out the price and the available colours this afternoon.

Maarten: Yes, the antenna is a combined radio/GSM antenna. This way the exteriour is uncluttered and it keeps my car from getting broken into because of the GSM carkit. Getting the high MPG was a lot harder then getting the low one. I just hope my calculations are correct. FYI My MFA shows I'm at an average of 7.0l/100km now. It's dropping but only slowly.

L8er y'all!

Stefan

------------------
--------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turbo Steve:
Nice Car!

What mods have you done?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, he doesn't HAVE to have any mods! I think it kind of a rude question. It is sort of like being introduced to somebody, and saying, "Hello, had any cosmetic surgery?".

------------------
Ric Woodruff

Braumeister von Sehr Gutem Bier
Since the Last Millennium

1998 Jetta TDI Sport

Great band at: www.carolinespine.com

[This message has been edited by Ric Woodruff (edited May 30, 2000).]

Stefan

Ric,

Thank you, you just made my day. In case you were wondering; no I did not have cosmetic surgury.
You can find my picture on my site. See my profile.

L8er!

Stefan
PS. Don't let the site scare you. It looks a lot more agressive then it is...

------------------
--------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

Delphi_Wiz

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2005 Mercedes E320 CDI
Stefan,

Cool car.

Hey, how about taking a picture of just logo in the back. I just wanted to see the difference in Bora and Jetta logos.

Tia,

Dave

Stefan

Dave,

I'll work on that. Just started a fresh roll of film, so you have to be a bit more patient. I'll take some interior pics while I'm at it!

Stefan

------------------
--------------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

Stefan

Hi all,
Got some new stat's for you. A couple of days ago I wanted to find out how economical my car could be. Here's the results:
Trip: 36 miles
Avg. speed: 42 mph
Fuel cons.: 52.26 mpg
This included about 25% urban and rural traffic and the rest was freeway at 62mph in 6th gear. I made maximum use if the cruise-control. At 62mph in 6th the MFA was showing a fuel-consumption of 81 mpg!!!

Not bad eh?

Stefan

------------------
------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

Craig

Veteran Member
Wow! 81 mpg!! Sure wish we had those mileage computers here in NA. I'd be driving based on the readout instead of the speedo and tach.

Officer: Do you realize how fast you were going?

Me: 69 mpg!

Stefan

Craig,

I thought they were standard on all NA Jetta's? This is the readout the MFA gave me.

Stefan

------------------
------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual

Craig

Veteran Member
Stefan, they are not on the TDIs. They might be on the VR6 GTX cars. I can't imagine why we don't have them. Maybe more people would drive slower if they knew the mileage at any given speed. Might save oil resources.

BTW, is 81 the best you can get at any speed/gear? It is interesting to contemplate that with a +20% theoretical increase due to propane injection, it just might be possible to get 100 mpg under ideal conditions with a 115/propane/P-D! WOW! And think of the POWER!! Take that Honda Insight!!

Stefan

Craig,

Of course the readout only shows mw liter/100km so I have to convert. But then again, so can you! Actually the readout goes as low as 0.0 liter/100km when the car decelerates in gear with the clutch released. Here's PROOF that the injectors are shut off at that moment. The WORST I got was 37.5 liter/100km. This was in 1st or second, pushing the car really hard. It's not uncommon during normal driving to see the readout go up to 20 liter/100km but the average stays low enough.

L8er!

Stefan

------------------
------
2000 Bora, Black
Trendline, 115hp TDI,
6-speed manual