Am I knuts

backfast61

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI automatic,2006 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
I did the exact same thing and....

I am very pleased. I bought a 09 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with 224000 miles. I am the third owner. I had the maintenance records as well... I drove it twice round trip from VA to North Dakota. I got 42 mpg going 75 mph+.
With this high of miles it's all highway.
I believe the most important thing is the proper oil and all the proper interval maintenance being done.
Another thing is I am mechanically inclined and have worked on cars my whole life. If you have to pay to have everything done I believe this car could get expensive and is not for you.
It is all a matter of opinion as you will find . I'm waiting on my vw gift card now...
Oh yes I bought mine in June and it was valued at $10,300- it has gone down in value. I love this car because my other toy is a 2005 Duramax and this Jetta is a sports car compared to that. It is very fun to drive.
Hope this helps.My 2 cents...

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
Seems to me all the TDI's are down. Combo of low gas prices and the bad rap they late ones are getting I guess. This ones a one owner.

I'll have to look into the DPF issue.

I'm as mechanically inclined a guy as you'll find.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Yep, stay away unless you like spending money.