FOR SALE - 2003 Jetta Wagon

Kitsune

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI GLS
Wow.

New forum skin. Been a few years since I checked in, I guess.

It's almost time to sell my ride, though - looking to see what you guys think? My first post here - https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.ph...-ordered-03-jetta-wagon-tdi.50905/post-488599 .. 18 years ago. Since then, I've had a ton of miles, a ton of mods, and this forum's been really really awesome to me when I needed a resource.

But, since this is not a for-sale thread *YET*, and all problems can be solved, I'm just going to be a little social for a bit. Maybe reminisce a little.

As delivered thread

She stayed pretty much stock the first few years. Only thing I added were the roof rack cross rails, and miles on the odo. Oh, and the obligatory roof box.

Cracked a oil pan - replaced it and got a skid on. Comes with the territory when you take your wagon up FS roads for hikes out here.

In about 2010, I needed to move cross country again, so in preparation I asked the guys over at Double J to do a ton of mods - VNT17, injectors, chip, HD towing springs and Bilstein shocks.

Along the way, I also had a ton of fun, did some interior stuff, etc. Might detail the actual mods later.

Around 2018 - we ended up on borrowed time. https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.ph...nce-to-sell-me-your-mk4-5-speed-wagon.488350/
She sat around for about a year where I replaced a gummed turbo and whatnot.

Anyway - I'm not selling it yet, but the writing is on the wall - put down a deposit for a (much more boring, slightly more efficient) Rav 4 prime. Don't expect to see it for a while, but when I do, I guess I'll write up a sale thread.

Last edited:

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Dang, I actually know someone looking for a manual wagon in Vancouver, looking for more trunk space than his golf tdi, and wants to do power mods.

Kitsune

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI GLS
Dang, I actually know someone looking for a manual wagon in Vancouver, looking for more trunk space than his golf tdi, and wants to do power mods.
What timeframe? I've gotten all the (sane) power mods done already.

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
My favorite line from your "As delivered thread" was "Don't forget the Upsolute...". Brings back memories. My how that faded when RC came around. Thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
What timeframe? I've gotten all the (sane) power mods done already.
He's not in a rush, so when the time comes.... What mods have you done? That way I don't have to sift through past posts ;)

Kitsune

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI GLS
He's not in a rush, so when the time comes.... What mods have you done? That way I don't have to sift through past posts ;)
Heh - from the profile ..

PP520, VNT17 (lol SECOND one), Aligator Tune, Panzer Plate, Bilstein HDs, Towing Springs, Air Springs (haven't used them in a while, could be cut/dead), Curt Hitch (1.25").

w/ the hitch, light wiring. EGR delete. Swapped out the wheels for 17" RPF1s. (old AL rims were starting to leak) Monsoon w/ BT was crapping out, so last summer I swapped it for the JVC KD−X470BHS (Bluetooth and HD radio head unit). LED in the DOT spec projectors. I might forget a few more things. you get the idea.

Does it baby? Yeah. Totally. Kids grew up in it until we go the Taco, then we split time between the two.

Oh. It's a old Jetta .. here's what's wrong. Driver's door doesn't shut via remote. (Likely the jammed sensor bit). Passenger rear door won't open from the inside. Likely rust - gotta get in there and take it all apart and clean it up. Headliner is falling down. There's a rattle from the sunroof gutter. Ghost activation of the sunroof occasionally. (All might be related tbh) - the ghost sunroof thing has been around for about ten years though. Bumper is held on by friction since a lot of the plastic bits have decided to snap or pop. Lots and lots of wear and tear w/ seats and carpets and.. you know. Two kids, almost twenty years, and almost 300k miles.

I'll make a sell-pic-thread sometime, I swear.

Last edited:

Kitsune

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI GLS

Some shots from over the years. First one was from 2003 (brand new), second one from 2013 during one of our cross country moves, and the last one from 2019 after the new wheels.

Man. I'd keep her another decade if I had the garage space. Everything works well enough, there's a ton of ZOOM whenever I push the go faster pedal down or I find some good curves to throw it down on, there's a ton of memories, but just so many minor things that yeah, it's time to move on. Maybe. Compared to something a little more modern she's a loud beast. My Taco is quieter on most highways. Even with aggressive AT tires. The Rav can beat the MPGs (I'm down to the low 40s) and the MPGes ...

Yeah, borrowed time. 1 owner. HA! I mean mods are worth nothing in resale anyway, yet I keep making them.

Last edited:

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I almost forgot my turbo killing Upsolute tune, apparently there wasn't altitude sensing on the 01's from the factory and mine oversped until it snapped the shaft. Thank God for Franko6 and VWMikel.
I too am wanting a Jetta wagon, please let me know.

Kitsune

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI GLS
I almost forgot my turbo killing Upsolute tune, apparently there wasn't altitude sensing on the 01's from the factory and mine oversped until it snapped the shaft. Thank God for Franko6 and VWMikel.
The aligator did okay over ten years. I did get the VNT to gum up after about 8 years, but who knows what caused it at that point. Turbos are kinda a maintenance item at some point anyway.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Screw those other guys, I'll be right over

Kitsune

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI GLS
And...

Meet the new girl.

Looking to rehome the old girl, now. @Nero Morg been in contact with your friend, told him I can wait a few months. If not ... well, I got some car payments to make again haha!

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
He texted me out of excitement. Guess we'll see what he does.

Kitsune

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI GLS
Thread title edited.

2.5k OBO. ... but really, I'd rather someone who likes TDIs and mods get it, than a junkyard or donation program.

@Nero Morg sorry mang. I held it for him but no luck.

Kitsune

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI GLS
I too am wanting a Jetta wagon, please let me know.
Consider y'all notified. :p

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thread title edited.

2.5k OBO. ... but really, I'd rather someone who likes TDIs and mods get it, than a junkyard or donation program.

@Nero Morg sorry mang. I held it for him but no luck.
It's all good man, he's.... Going through life events. Divorce and a career change. Hope it finds a good home!

Kitsune

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI GLS
It was a little easier than posting a new thread - if it doesn't belong, I'll change it back. :p

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
We can deal. I thought the same, should be in classified, but then I read your first post.
Your issues sound minor, you can go another 200k anyway.
Ths plastic body bits can sometimes be repaired with super glue/baking soda mix (plus black dye if it's visible).

Kitsune

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI GLS
Oh I definitely could. There are no showstoppers and everything could be repaired with enough time and energy. Which I'm short of these days, and I might as well take advantage of the rebates.

Kitsune

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI GLS
Before I forget - we made one last run on it. Bounced out to camp on the coast at Camp Merriweather (kids are scouts) for a family weekend. Day tripped up to Astoria. Handled fine on the gravel stuff. Took a twisty route home. Still grin inducing.