Alignment Issues

opps

TDI
2000 VW Jetta
I recently replaced my lower control arms, ball joints, and tie rod ends on my 2000 VW Jetta. Before I replaced any of these parts the vehicle drove straight and the steering was tight. After installing the parts, I took the car to get an alignment. While driving to the mechanic I noticed that the steering was "squirrelly" I thought it would go away when the alignment was complete. When I went to pick up the car, the mechanic told me that the alignment was complete but the front end was still "squirrelly". The steering is straight, but any time I hit a bump or just driving at highway speeds the steering will float and is unpredictable. I am wondering if anyone knows of anything I can check to fix the issue. All my ball joints and tie rod ends are specific left and right parts, but the lower control arms are not. I called the company and asked if they were specific and I was told that they are universal. Another thing I noticed is when I push the front down and work the suspension the tires toe in and out

Last edited:

Zak99b5

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
The control arms themselves are not ”sided.”

How's the rack? Any play? Inner tie rods good?

opps

TDI
2000 VW Jetta
No play in the rack, steering is tight. I am currently looking into the rear bushings and will check to see if the rear has anything to do with the issue.