ALH Timing belt tools - FREE to a good home

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I have a set of ALH timing belt tools that I put together. Some tools I made, some I bought, some were donated by other members. These tools have made the rounds within the community for the last 15 years or so. Since I no longer drive a TDI, I thought these tools would be better off in the hands of a member who is more active than me that can be the new guardian.

These tools come with a lot of responsibility. LOL. The new owner will have to make them available and keep them safe. They must be active and easy to get a hold of. Someone geographically convenient as well (GTA). They will be hard to loan out if they are in Thunder Bay.

Here is the kit:

Hose clamp pliers (for the top intercooler pipe clamp)
Hidden hose clamp pliers (for the PITA one on top of the IC)
Pump lock pin
Cam lock plate
Cam sprocket holder tool
Tensioner tool
Crank shaft bolt socket

It also comes with a binder with a print out of the TB instructions.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
To be honest, I am hoping Simon takes them. He has several ALH's in the family, so would put them to good use. He is also in central GTA and is a long standing member.

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
To be honest, I am hoping Simon takes them. He has several ALH's in the family, so would put them to good use. He is also in central GTA and is a long standing member.
Hey Nigel, I second your suggestion for Simon. I am also offering to be a "guardian" of these tools if required. Let me know. thanks.

JettaTDIBlack

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI Automatic Sedan
Shoot, can't afford the tools, since I am trying to save up for the 100K TB upgrade. But, the car keeps demanding other parts, slowing down my savings effort. If I had these tools, I would make them freely available for us in my area. Since, I can't find anyone here that will loan them out.

Heck, even to use someone's VCDS here locally is $30 for thirty minutes.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
I would be honoured to be the guardian of these tools on behalf of Wingnut and the club.

They would be available for loan at 401 & 404. I think a deposit system would be best, as an incentive to bring them back for the next member in need.

Simon

Tdi Kick

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Sidekick AHU, '05 Passat Variant BHW, '03 Passat Variant BHW 4MO
I third vote Simon, and can transport if need be as I live closer to Nigel, can swing by to pickup/deliver.

I also believe a deposit system would be best, I personally kinda had to "hunt down" tools on loan a few times:p

Got your parts together Simon, AND just licensed the next 02M Reflex silver ALH wagon yesterday:D Can swing by in the next week or so...

Amit, I did get your email, replied with my digits. Call me.

Cheers all!

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
So Nigel what kind of wheels do you have now ? I remember you looking very hard to find the wagon a few years back. Hopefully you will not be totally out of the picture.
Cheers
Rudy

As an aside, the deposit on the tools is a darn good idea. I just ran into a situation where I had to remind some friends they still owe me money. I did it in the form of a funny collections letter email. But unfortunately these days people forget certain obligations.

Last edited: