Alh Tdi ranger.

Jimmyranger

TDI
Does anyone have plans for a/c compressor relocation on a alh tdi? It hits the differential and won’t let the motor sit down. I keep seeing forms on people deleting the compressor but I’d like to keep ac in my truck if possible.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
There are a few ranger TDI conversions on here you might want to look through.

If all else fails several people on here have used second hand junk yard take off electric power steering pumps, I don't know of any reason you couldn't use an electric ac compressor. The ones from electric cars are likely not 12v but new 12v kits are all over eBay and Amazon now

Alberta 7.3

TDI
CBEA Ranger under construction
I'm not sure if it would work or not in your application since I don't know the year of your truck and my 2008 Ranger is seriously modified and getting a CBEA. I made brackets to mount the 4 cylinder Ranger A/C compressor above the oil pan on the passenger side of the block. The 4 cylinder Ranger setup uses different lines than the V6 so all the plumbing is packaged on the passenger side rather than crossing over the engine. The V6 and 4 cylinder use the same condenser.

Jimmyranger

TDI
I'm not sure if it would work or not in your application since I don't know the year of your truck and my 2008 Ranger is seriously modified and getting a CBEA. I made brackets to mount the 4 cylinder Ranger A/C compressor above the oil pan on the passenger side of the block. The 4 cylinder Ranger setup uses different lines than the V6 so all the plumbing is packaged on the passenger side rather than crossing over the engine. The V6 and 4 cylinder use the same condenser.
I don’t think that would work since I’m using a Tdi engine in a ranger

Jimmyranger

TDI
There are a few ranger TDI conversions on here you might want to look through.

If all else fails several people on here have used second hand junk yard take off electric power steering pumps, I don't know of any reason you couldn't use an electric ac compressor. The ones from electric cars are likely not 12v but new 12v kits are all over eBay and Amazon now
That could be a good option. Would It overwork my alternator though?

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
That could be a good option. Would It overwork my alternator though?

The Volvo pulls @ 8 amps at idle and @20-25 under load. Those were the numbers I got with very little search.

With a stock stereo system you should be ok if you have a 110 amp alternator

Last edited:

Nozzleman

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Ford Ranger ALH
I mounted mine on the passenger side just above the turbo. The truck was originally a 2.3 Duratec and mounted the compressor in the same position allowing me to run factory hoses.

shakescreek

Veteran Member
TDI
18'6" welded aluminum jetboat with pd160, gtb2056vl, and tuning by rub87, 2003 chev blazer with bhw swap, 2000 jetta alh with gtd1752 vrk, .240 injectors, 11mm pump, fmic, 6 spd manual
I'm running the volvo electric pump on my bhw swapped blazer, and the stock bhw alternator has never had any trouble keeping up.