ALH steel oil pan?

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jsw TDI, audi 90 AHU swap
I have seen references to a steel oil pan, but the leads all seem to be dead.

Does anyone know of a steel pan that would fit an ALH? It seems like it was for some kind of industrial application.

I am hoping that maybe i could hybrid the toyota pan and a VW pan together to make clearance around the front diff.

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
I need something that is all steel. The tacoma has the sump in the front and the pan is very thin in the back because the front differential sits right at the rear of the engine.

Here is what a tacoma pan looks like. I could make a flange from some 3/16 plate if needed, but that would be a LOT of work with hand tools.

2many diesels

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit pickup 1z swap Audi A4 Quattro ALH. 02 Beetle TDI. 99 Golf TDI. 03 Wagon TDI. 914 Porsche ALH t
I have a couple of the all steel pans I bought several years ago. Not sure I am going to use them. Pm me if interested.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You may also be able to make one of the longitudinal 4 cyl oil pans work, specifically from an AWM (1.8t) Passat or BHW (TDI) Passat. It'll bolt right up to the ALH engine, only thing you will have to do on the AWM pan is plug off the turbo drain tube hole, as the gas turbo engines have the drain in the side of the pan, not the side of the block like the diesels do.

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
You may also be able to make one of the longitudinal 4 cyl oil pans work, specifically from an AWM (1.8t) Passat or BHW (TDI) Passat. It'll bolt right up to the ALH engine, only thing you will have to do on the AWM pan is plug off the turbo drain tube hole, as the gas turbo engines have the drain in the side of the pan, not the side of the block like the diesels do.
Thats a good idea! I hadnt even thought of that. However, I dont think the hump in the BHW pan is forward quite enough, it would likely still need some notching when looking at the pic of my cut pan vs the passat pan.

shakescreek

Veteran Member
TDI
18'6" welded aluminum jetboat with pd160, gtb2056vl, and tuning by rub87, 2003 chev blazer with bhw swap, 2000 jetta alh with gtd1752 vrk, .240 injectors, 11mm pump, fmic, 6 spd manual
GTiTdi are these steel pans you have for the alh and later engines?

Uberhare, do you have link to an all steel pan that fits the alh and pd's? All I can find on ebay are ones for the ahu and 1z engines with the different flange pattern. I would love to find an all steel pan for my bhw going into my blazer as it would be so easy to modify for dif clearance.

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
GTiTdi are these steel pans you have for the alh and later engines?

Uberhare, do you have link to an all steel pan that fits the alh and pd's? All I can find on ebay are ones for the ahu and 1z engines with the different flange pattern. I would love to find an all steel pan for my bhw going into my blazer as it would be so easy to modify for dif clearance.
yes, 038/06a block

shakescreek

Veteran Member
TDI
18'6" welded aluminum jetboat with pd160, gtb2056vl, and tuning by rub87, 2003 chev blazer with bhw swap, 2000 jetta alh with gtd1752 vrk, .240 injectors, 11mm pump, fmic, 6 spd manual
Not sure what 038/06a is, but can anyone confirm that the alh pan will fit the bhw block? Pretty sure they will, but want to confirm that before proceeding with ordering a bsm delete and alh pan for my bhw-blazer swap.