Alh Pos wont start.

Lewis98

TDI
04 Jetta Bew
So I have am reaching out because I am 100% stumped on this one! Full story bought an 02 tdi with a blown engine with vnt17, 1019 nozzles, South Beth clutch.
Picked up a motor with 245,000 said it ran but thought the wiring in the car he pulled it out of was ****. I have 420-400 compression in each cylinder, swapped injectors out of a running car of my I know those are good, injectors pump came of a car that had run away but we got it running afterwards. Timing is 100% on. Tested all voltage and ohms to injection pump with another car I got they are relatively the same. It turns over fine at 300 rpm, and smokes like a train, white. Will run on starting fluid. Has stage 4 malone ecu. I have no idea left NEED HELP!

Stupendous60

Veteran Member
TDI
Perhaps check egr and wastegate solenoids..my basket case 02 beetle solenoid electrical connectors were reversed (plugs are the same) causing white smoking and crap drivability when cold, marginal when hot. Also had algae plugging the in tank pick up unit which was causing fuel drain back and extremely hard/long starts when cold.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Is the fuel actually... you know... diesel fuel? White smoke indicates fuel is being injected, but there is no combustion happening.

Lewis98

TDI
04 Jetta Bew
Okay sorry for not being on in updating. I went back through every, it was good. So I swapped an injection pump from a running car into it and bled the injectors, fired right up! Thank you for all your help and quick response!