ALH necessary wiring

gtr1990

TDI
2001 tdi toyota pickup
I have my ALH wirring down to just the last few things. I plan on getting a tune and immobilizer delete through Rocket chip. I am curious about the Can-Bus, immobilizer. Can I remove all the Can-Bus and insturment cluster wiring into the ECU? My question really is will it run with no Can-Bus or cluster.

Any tips or advise on what I NEED to keep would be alot of help. I have been using alot of info from schmeatics like this.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=234558&page=2
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=227196&highlight=harness

Dont know if it helps but ECU#038 906 012CP

I know this a newbie question but this is my first encounter with a mess like this.

Last edited:

Shauger

TDI
2000 Jetta black
I used the Bentley manual for the wiring diagrams.

What is it you are doing?

Last edited:

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
When the immobilizer is deleted you don't need the can-bus or the cluster for the engine to run. I am using a MK3 cluster with an EDC15P ECU and immobilizer delete.

bobby638

TDI
A 95 PASSAT TDI I MADE
no cluster

i put an ahu into a passat and the car runs but i have no cluster functions except the check eng light which is now the glow plug light

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
bobby638 said:
i put an ahu into a passat and the car runs but i have no cluster functions except the check eng light which is now the glow plug light
A US AHU has no immobilizer and the can-bus is sort of like the cars ethernet.

gtr1990

TDI
2001 tdi toyota pickup
This is for my Toyota pickup, so I will just need CEL, Glow plug light, Oil pres, and a few other things from the cluster wiring. I have the whole harness down to just the sensors, ignition, ecu, glow relays, fans and about 8 fuses. As far as the Ecu, I labeled all the wires minus a few that are going to the cluster and fan controll unit. I'm assuming it is easier to use the VW fan system

My next question is regarding the fan control unit and convinience control I have cut the harness to the convinience control module and have many left over wires going to the fan control. With no AC will the system operate with the convinience module gone. Does any of this make sence? Hope the component names are correct.

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
The CEL might be on the can-bus which means you'd have to use the cluster (or at least part of it) to make it work. If there are other systems that it's looking for but aren't there it will throw a code for it, but it will not stop the engine from running.

gtr1990

TDI
2001 tdi toyota pickup
vwmikel
No chance you have a accurate wiring diagram for the cluster and ECU? No big deal on the CEL. From what I have been reading you know your way around a ECU. Let me know a price on appropriate tune for a truck, EGR delete, Imobilizer delete, stock turbo/ injectors (for now), FMIC, 2 1/2in exhaust no muffler. I am probably forgeting a few things but you get the idea.

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
gtr1990 said:
vwmikel
No chance you have a accurate wiring diagram for the cluster and ECU? No big deal on the CEL. From what I have been reading you know your way around a ECU. Let me know a price on appropriate tune for a truck, EGR delete, Imobilizer delete, stock turbo/ injectors (for now), FMIC, 2 1/2in exhaust no muffler. I am probably forgeting a few things but you get the idea.
I have the correct Bentley manual that covers that ECU. I might have other Excel documents that I've made that will cover it as well as this is something that I am frequently asked about. You should send me a PM about the tune ;)

Shauger

TDI
2000 Jetta black
GTR-
We've built a component kit car around a ALH TDI and custom wired the ECU. There are several things you don't need, but it is quite a big job.

I also converted a gas Jetta to a TDI which is now my daily driver. Also lots of fun but I don't think I'ld do that again. Lots of other things I would rather spend my time on.

We are currently building a street rod with a TDI and we're using the Toyota truck transmission. This time we are not using the ECU at all. We are getting a custom mechanical injection pump from a place in Canada. I would strongly recommend that route. Keep the trucks wiring for everything else and buy an after-market sensor from Summit Racing for the radiator fan. The only other thing you have to figure out is the n75. We're working on a plug and play adapter. If not, change to a standard turbo.

BTW, hand wiring the ECU is way over-rated :)

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Glow plug light and CEL are via CAN bus between ECM and cluster.
Oil pressure switch wires to cluster blue connector pin 10.

gtr1990

TDI
2001 tdi toyota pickup
Thanks for the replies

I will probably just set up a led to the glow plug relay then. Oil pressure should be simple enough thanks for the info. I am starting to think I will just eliminate the VW fan system and use a summit version, it looks like a very simple solution.
I had originally planed on going m-TDI but I like the idea of the ECU control once it is up and running. I only trying to work my way through the wiring at this point and as far as I'm concerned I will suck up the loss of a tuned ECU if I fail. Mechanical is a great option but to buy a quality pump or get one made it will still set me back $1500. I have all the ALH harness and it is now down to 1/5 the size it started at. So the price of a tune will cost a fraction of a new pump(obviously their are some benefits to having a "performance pump").

The harness is down to a manageable size now, and it is starting to look very possible to eliminate the unnecessary wiring right at the ECU connector and just wire up the sensors, pump, Glow plugs, relays and fuses. Getting rid of the colored connectors mid engine harness and making this a self contained harness that just needs its own sensors, ECU, positive and ground. This would make it very easy to keep the install clean with fuses and relays in one location. Not to mention easy diagnosis if it were ever an electrical issue that left me stranded.

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
gtr1990 said:
Does the ECU need a speed sensor input for anything? Doubt it, but worth asking before cutting.
Obviously you won't be able to log the speed in vag-com, but it will run fine without the speed sensor input. :)

gtr1990

TDI
2001 tdi toyota pickup
This was from the bettle.xls file.

This should get a working OBD ????

OBD connector
pin #1=15a(grey/white)
pin #4=gnd(brown)
pin #5=gnd(brown)
pin#6=K line(black/blue)

or am I very wrong?

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
gtr1990 said:
This was from the bettle.xls file.

This should get a working OBD ????

OBD connector
pin #1=15a(grey/white)
pin #4=gnd(brown)
pin #5=gnd(brown)
pin#6=K line(black/blue)

or am I very wrong?
Yeah, if you're talking about the diagnostic port that doesn't look right. Check out this site - http://pinouts.ru/CarElectronics/car_obd2_pinout.shtml

Pin - Signal
4 - GND
5 - GND
6 - CAN High
7 - K-LINE
14 - CAN Low
15 - L-LINE Tx/Rx
16 - +12v

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
MOGolf said:
Glow plug light and CEL are via CAN bus between ECM and cluster.
Oil pressure switch wires to cluster blue connector pin 10.
early ALH stuff for sure (at least, maybe others) expose CEL & glow plug light without CAN bus, they are exposed via straight on/off 12v lines to wire to an earlier cluster. - they are wires run from teh ECU to the cluster via the plastic plugs in the protective plenum (however VW describes those in the manual, the multi-color plastic connectors)
vwmikel said:
Obviously you won't be able to log the speed in vag-com, but it will run fine without the speed sensor input. :)
you wont get cruise control either :p

vwmikel said:
Pin - Signal
4 - GND
5 - GND
6 - CAN High
7 - K-LINE
14 - CAN Low
15 - L-LINE Tx/Rx
16 - +12v
functionally you only need the K-line, the ground & the 12v line to talk to everything via vag-com - particularly the case with dumb vag-com interfaces (which work great up to MY 04 cars) that don't have the CAN lines 4, 7, & 12 on the OBD connector.

Last edited:

gtr1990

TDI
2001 tdi toyota pickup
I couldn't find the CEL or Glow in the cluster wiring. so I will have to find another way for the Glow plugs, the CEL I am not to concerned with. As far as Glow plug light should I use the signal into the relay as a source for a LED or after ther relay before the plugs?

I am not worried about cruise. I just want the basic as far as the diagnostic port goes.

I am currently trying to figure out how the alternator, fan contorl and the large 14 pin Engine harness conector work together. This is the conector the mates with the one on the harness that is on the engine itself, it is a 14pin and connects the two harneses.

could some one take a look at this and fill in the blanks

Alternator Harness
pin
1-W-wire
2-alt light(dash)
3-?
4-Gnd

Large 14pin
1-oil press
2-?
3-?
4-coolant temp
5-30a (with ecu power)
6-Engine control elements 10a
7-Gnd
8-10a?
9-cluster gnd/sensor gnd
10-10a
11-?
12-oil level
13-fan relay?
14-
some of these are very messed up

The bently manual I have sucks and is missing parts with the pinouts.
How do the fan relay and the 14 pin harness work together besides coolant temp? From the notes I have the harness on the engine at the other end of the 14 pin conector has less wiring going in(deadends), so I am assuming some of these are unused but still wired in?

Relay 109 recives its power from that wierd distribution box thing. Is this a relay for all power, ignition relay before 109 relay?

Sorry for the newbie questions. The rest of the harness was easy to tear down but the fan control interacts with alot of other things by the looks of it.

e*clipse

Veteran Member
TDI
Toyota TDI swap
If you're putting it in a toyota truck, get to know the toyota wiring well. You can use a lot of Toyota's wiring.

I was able to get rid of the VW fusebox by using the toyota power relay, making my own fan control, and using a generic relay for the glowplug.
The VW fan control is too complicated. The glowplug relay is too expensive. You can purchase a generic relay for $5.00
Here's a link for the fan. I found a two speed fan that fit perfectly on a late model Ford Thunderbird.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8171423

The glowplug and check engine lights are low current. Be sure to use LED's for them. You can use pre-wired led's from radio shack (they have the right resistance for 12V)

I figured out what circuits weren't being used on the Toyota instrument cluster and wired the various VW idiot lights into it.

If you are using a newer Toyota, it may have an electronic speedo. Keep the speedo line in that case for the cruise control (future) option.

Like Tongboy said, you only need the K-line, 12V and ground for VAG-COM to work. It won't be OBDII compliant, but it will work.

The Toyota tach is electronic and can use the pulse output from the ECU. It's on my todo list.

The Toyota oil pressure gauge is notoriously inaccurate. I used an aftermarket one for my reference. The ECU reads two pressure switches that are located near the oil filter. (on a 1Z)

What year of truck are you putting it in? I have PDF's of some years of Toyota FSM's.

Good luck!:)

gtr1990

TDI
2001 tdi toyota pickup
Thanks for the info e*clipse. I have been following your build closely.

Have you looked into the pulse differences between the VW ecu tach signal and the Toyota cluster, if their is a difference? I wonder if the toyota diesel tach would be similar?

The truck is a 1994 pickup 4x4. I have a Haynes manual but the shematics suck. I will leave all the Toyota stuff for everything but engine control. The engine harness is very small now with all the usless stuff gone, so it will be on the passenger side fender well and the VW ecu will remain in the factory Toyota location.

Good idea on the relays. What amperage relay did you use for the glow plugs?

e*clipse

Veteran Member
TDI
Toyota TDI swap
Have you looked into the pulse differences between the VW ecu tach signal and the Toyota cluster, if their is a difference? I wonder if the toyota diesel tach would be similar?
I believe they are both square waves, 0-12 V, 50% duty cycle. I also think the VW puts out 4 pulses /revolution. I don't know what the Toyota gauge is looking for.

I was going to put my oscilloscope on the output from the ECU to see what it's putting out. I can verify both the wave shape and # of pulses /revolution with that. Then put a known pulse into the Tach and see what it puts out. I want to be very certain before I risk connecting my ECU.

I think there's also a transistor that connects to ground as an "output" from the electronic speedometer. It could probably be used for the VSS, if the pulses match.

The glow plug relay is 50A (I used the VW 50A fuse for it)
The fan relays (1 for each speed) are 40A and 75A

All the relays are Tyco automotive relays. The 75A one was $$.

Here's a source for high power relays, connectors, etc:
http://www.keefeperformance.com/

BTW, I have a 1993 FSM pdf. PM me.

Last edited:

gtr1990

TDI
2001 tdi toyota pickup
81(of 121) PIN ECU

Like Said earlier out of all the manuals I have seen nothing has matched my harness/ecu exactaly. So all this is from pulling apart the harness and following the wires from component to source. The harness is very simple now. So here is a list of the various conectors on the harness. But only the ones that are needed to run the engine. Please disregard my preivious posts as I was more hunting for info rather than doing the hard work myself. I want to make sure the harness is functional and not going to fry my ecu when I plug it in.

no egr
keeping anti shutter but not necessary to run

violet = light purple
FUSED = Fuses located at new fuse block
FUSED sensor = wired together
/ = empty

FUSES
30- ecu
10- sensors - yel/blk
10- blk/purple switched (this is from the blk on the ignition is this correct?)
10- 10a coolant glow plug relay ignition

Relay 109 (now replaced with a bosch 30a)

light blue- Power to fuses/ecu
red-50a
blue/yellow -ecu#18 Relay supply
bolt= gnd wired into a bolt flat thing

Coolant glow plugs

blk/brn- ecu#22 high
blk/blue- ecu#21 low
blu/yel-10a FUSED

Glow relay

pin
1-purple/wht - ecu#42
2-red - 50a bat
3-brn - gnd(bolt)
4-red/white GP
5-/
6-red/white GP
7-green - ecu#33
8-/
9-blue - 10a FUSED

MAF

pin
1-/
2-yel/blk
3-green - ecu#49
4-red/green - ecu#30
5-blk - ecu#68

MAP

pin
1-brn/blu - ecu#52
2-gry/green - ecu#73
3-violet/red - ecu#31
4-yel/blk - 10a FUSED sensor

N75

pin
1-yel/blk -10a FUSED sensor
2-red/brn - ecu#62

Anti shutter

pin
1-yel/blk - 10a FUSED sensor
2-violet/purple - ecu#81

TPS (I imagine cruise is in here some where so it could be deleted)

pin
1-green/red - ecu#51
2-wht/blu - ecu#63
3-yel/green - ecu#12
4-gry/red - ecu#50
5-gry/blu - ecu#69
6-gry/wht - ecu#70
7-/
8-/

Alternator

pin
1-brn/red - w-wire ecu#38
2-blu - alt light (does this provide gnd or 12v?)
3-green/blk - a/c clutch
4-brn/blk - a/c clutch

14 pin conector I was refering to in a previous post. the male end of this plug has a empty slot in pin8 and 1,2,3 change colors. I have yet to figure out which wire goes to which sensor on the engine itself. Can anyone fill in the blanks?

pin Engine side
1-green/blk oil press lamp 1-blk
2-large blk/green 2-blk/wht
3-green 3-wht/blk
4-purple 4-purple
5-red/violet 30a fuse w/ecu 5-red/purple
6-yel/blk 10a FUSED sensor 6-yel/blk
7-brn gnd (bolt) 7-brn
8-blk/purple 8-/
9-brn/wht 9-brn/wht
10-small blk/green 10-blk/green

1-Think it will work?

2-can I do away with ecu pin #18 to power supply relay and provide this from my toyota?

3-The 'distibution box' I refered to is the load redution relays. Should I not worry about this and wire power supply relay into constant power so the ecu does not lose power juring cranking?

4-ccv ideas?

edc15vm+

82+ go to engine harness so all are needed as far a I know

1-12v
2-12v
3-/
4-gnd
5-gnd
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-yel/green - tps pin 3
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-blu/yel - power relay
19-
20-
21-blk/blu - coolant plugs low
22-blk/brn - coolant plugs high
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-red/green - maf pin 4
31-violet/red - map pin 3
32-
33-green - glow relay pin 7
34-
35-
36-
37-
38-brn/red - w-wire alt pin 1
39-
40-
41-
42-purple/white - glow relay pin 1
43-
44-
45-
46-
47-
48-
49-green - maf pin 3
50-gry/red - tps pin 4
51-green/red - tps pin 1
52-brn/blu map 1
53-
54-
55-
56-
57-
58-
59-
60-
61-
62-red/brn - n75 pin 2
63-wht/blu - tps pin 2
64-
65-
66-
67-
68-blk - maf pin 5
69-gry/blu tps pin 5
70-gry/wht tps pin 6
71-
72-
73-gry/green - map pin 2
74-
75-
76-
77-
78-
79-
80-
81-violet/violet - anti shutter pin 2
82-/
83-/
84-/
85-/
86-brn/yel
87-/
88-blk/green
89-/
90-/
91-/
92-/
93-/
94-/
95-/
96-/
97-/
98-/
99-wht/green
100-/
101-blu
102-/
103-brn/blu
104-brn/green
105-/
106-gry/green
107-/
108-purple/blk
109-gry
110-wht
111-yel/blk
112-blu/brn
113-/
114-brn/blk
115-/
116-brn/red
117-/
118-/
119-/
120-blk/wht
121-brn/red

On engine sensors/components (2nd wiring harness)
I am still figuring out the source of these and some go to the 14 pin

oil press

1-green/blk - 14 pin conector pin 1

oil level

1-wht - ecu#110
2-blk
3-brn

injection pump

???

glow plugs

(yellow wires)

#3 injector

1-blue - ecu#101
2-gry - ecu#109

coolant temp/level

1- purple -
2-brn/wht -
3-blu/gry -
4-brn/green - ecu#104

Mystery sensor??? knock sensor?
like I said I'm a newbie and therfore partially brainless

1-blk/wht
2-wht/blu
3-brn

Last edited:

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
all the info you need is in the bentley - you're worrying about some wires you don't need to worry about, mainly the details of the injection pump & some of the other wiring - you can follow the wires if you're really interested but unless you're going to harass the harness i'd leave the majority of the engine bay harness to it's own.

the black plug - is it the black plug that is shaped roughly like the injection pump plug or does it look more like the green/orange plugs that go on the firewall? if it's the first it has a few sensors connected to it, I don't remember exactly which but they were either necessary or very useful.

do you for sure have an oil level sender? those were pretty rare - I don't think any stateside had them from the factory.

wire the load reduction relay as specced and the ECU will never lose power - miswire it and it'll drop voltage during cranking and work very intermittently

what model year engine do you have? i'll take pictures of the most relevent images from the bentley to save you hours of hair pulling

gtr1990

TDI
2001 tdi toyota pickup
I know I am worrying about unessery stuff, but that is purely out of curiosity. I dont really need to know where the pump wires and stuff go as long as it will run. My main concern is a pinout on the 14 pin harness. I will provide a picture of whats left of the mystery sensor when I get home. I would like to use the toyoya load reduction relay, as I would imagine it does the same thing. The harness remains mostly stock and i have only added and shortened things as needed.

I am mainly posting this because when people think about swapping a tdi they are scared of the wiring as I was and the info on this is not easy to find in simple form as a newbie would need. Their needs to be a "TDI conversions 101" thread with a list of the engines, ecu's, wiring info to get people familier with this stuff so they can get started. I realize their are many variations but lots of stuff seems very similar.

The engine is from a 2002 jetta(canadian) with a Alh and imobilizer.

Last edited:

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
GTR1990,

I'm doing the ALH harness modification to install in an '84 Vanagon!

From the Bentley, I copied and enlarged the 13 pages on the Engine. And, I done the same for the 20 pages dealing with the Standard Equipment... as well as 5 pages on the AC. I copied the AC pages just for the purpose of tracing some circuits.

I have studied the 33 pages and made pencil notes in the margins, etc., to track the various circuits, splices, relays, sensors, etc.

I have also typed about 12 or 13 pages on the ECU, the Cluster, connectors (brown, orange, black, white and blue), as well as the 14 pin connector, 4 pin gen/ac connector, Splice A155, Splice 269, the Brake Light Switch, and the Ignition switch.

The "splice" notes are for reference in tracing circuits. Also, it was helpful to copy the pages that lists the fuse box and fuse functions, and the same for the relay page and a few others.

I've determined that I only need about 9 fused circuits and four relays besides the GP relay. I have prepared a list of "wires" that will go to the Cluster, to the fuse box and to the relays, as well as those that will go to the cruise, clutch and brake switches.

I have disassembled the wiring harness with labeling. It has been layed out to determine location, position, etc., of the various components as well as needed lengths of splicing wire. I unwrapped and rewrapped short sections on each half of the engine wiring harness to re-locate the GP relay and the five colored connectors without cutting and splicing. This allowed more length to the wire bundles containing the pin connectors that engage the ECU, which will be located under the back seat along with the modified fuse box. Since for some reason the GP Relay was not located on the Relay panel in this particular harness, it will allow me to locate it in the engine compartment along with the two relays that operate the coolant heating GPs. The interlock relay (yes the TDI key will start the engine) and the load reduction relay will stay on the panel which will be located under the back seat.

It is my intent to use the ALH Cluster in the place of the Vanagon Cluster. At this point, I have been deciphering the Vanagon wiring diagrams for intergration purposes..... signal lights, bright light indicator, etc.

When all is finished, I'll have a two key system (immoblizer in place) with the OBD usable.

Cruise will be functional with the brake and clutch disconnects operable.

This work is the result of many hours at the desk during the month of February and my wife about to kill me for having wires all over the den... you can imagine!

Andy

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
14 Pin Info................. From a 2002 Jetta and Bentley Manual

Pin #
1. From oil pressure switch (F1) to Cluster, Blue side T32/10
2. From VSS sensor (G22/1) to Splice B163 Plus Connection (15) in wiring harness interior and through/to Fuse S7 (these are black wires) (sw)
3. From VSS (G22/2) to Cluster, Blue side T32/28
4. From engine coolant temperture (ECT) sensor (G2/1) to Cluster, Blue side T32/8 (temp gauge) (page 97-677)
5. From Fuse 232 to Splice B168 on to T10f/5 connector (IP connector) to N146 (Quantity Adjuster). Splice B168 also has a wire that (see page 97-683, Bentley Manual) goes to T6/4 (brown connector, see page 97-676). From there everything is internal of the wiring harness to the ECU via T121/1 and T121/2. Understanding Splice B168 is important.
6. From Fuse 234 to Splice 100 (page 97-683) on to T10f/10 connector (IP connector) to N108 (Cold Start Injector). Also, from Splice 100 the wire (ge/sw.... yellow/black) goes to T6/5 (brown connector) from there to Splice E29 (page 97-678) which is all internal of the engine harness. Splice E29 has wires that go to N239, N18, N75, & G70 (all on page 97-678). Also, Splice E29 has one wire that goes to J370 (GP Relay on page 97-675).
7. From Ground 608 (page 97-682) thru T14a/7 to G22/3 (VSS sensor). Appears that Ground 608 can be "grounded" anywhere it will work.
8. This is a "dead in circuit." There is no pin on the ECU side of the connector (T14a/8). However, in the other direction going away from the ECU there is a splice. So, from my notes, quote: "......it appears that the splice involves T6/1 (Brown Connector) and is important."
9. From G2/2 Engine Coolant Temp Sensor (page 97-677) to Splice 269 (page 97-683) ultimately to T32/7 (Cluster, Blue side) which is a "ground." G32 (Coolant Level Sensor) also connects to Splice 269. And, also, Splice 269 has two more wires that involve the Multi-Function Indicator (MFI) (outside air temp sensor and MFI switches, page 97-683). Lastly, the Windshield Washer Fluid level sensor (G33) connects to Splice 269.
10. From relay panel (Relay 2, Load Reduction) on to Splice A80 ((x) in instrument panel wiring harness) to Fuse S237 to ECU T121/88 (page 97-675). Also, Splice A80 has a wire going to J59 (Load Reduciton Relay) and D (Ignition Switch, terminal 75), page 97-494.

Pins 11 thru 14 are not used...............OPEN

Double check this info before using.

Hope it's helpful!:D

Andy

Last edited:

smurfie

TDI
2.5, 1.9 and 2.0
GTR-
We've built a component kit car around a ALH TDI and custom wired the ECU. There are several things you don't need, but it is quite a big job.

I also converted a gas Jetta to a TDI which is now my daily driver. Also lots of fun but I don't think I'ld do that again. Lots of other things I would rather spend my time on.

We are currently building a street rod with a TDI and we're using the Toyota truck transmission. This time we are not using the ECU at all. We are getting a custom mechanical injection pump from a place in Canada. I would strongly recommend that route. Keep the trucks wiring for everything else and buy an after-market sensor from Summit Racing for the radiator fan. The only other thing you have to figure out is the n75. We're working on a plug and play adapter. If not, change to a standard turbo.

BTW, hand wiring the ECU is way over-rated :)
How did you handle the brake wires for the ALH?

Last edited: