ALH Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

mms140

TDI
ALH
Hello All,

I am in the mists of swapping an ALH motor into my MK1 rabbit pickup. However, it most likely needs the motor rebuilt. I just had my injectors done with DLC764 nozzles, and have an BW S7 turbo. I would like to make the most amount of power possible with the motor. I don't mind swapping the turbo and nozzle size again if I need to. Since the motor is torn apart now, I would rather do it all now. My questions are as follows:

1. Is it worth boring out the motor and using oversized pistons (80mm ASV?)
2. Is there a solid rebuild kit that includes studs, forged rods, ect?
3. Anybody on here run CNG on an aftermarket turbo for MPG and Power?

Thank you!

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
Try doing a little more research on ALH builds on the forums. There a bunch of threads with tons of different builds. Granted TDI aren’t as expensive as diesel trucks to build but they aren’t cheap.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Get a set of pd115 rods or forged rods from max speeding rods, lower a little CR, add a 11mm pump, Bosio race 520 nozzles, pd130-150 intake manifold, a gtb2260vk turbo and a 4 bat map sensor and it will be a very quick car! Choose clutch carefully, the above setup will tear your Dmf apart...

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
I would measure the bores to see if they need to be bored but chances are they will. ASV +0.5mm pistons are a great upgrade and the price cannot be beat. You can also get PD pistons and +0.25mm sizes if you to take as little material off as possible.

I am building an ALH right now, H beam rods, ARL +0.25mm pistons, GTB2056VL, PD150 head bolts 11mm pump, R520s. Should be a fun daily driver. :)

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
ASV's are not one of my choices. They have several lackings and that may be why they are cheaper, but not that much. First, they are .008" short, which in itself isn't bad, but it may force the need to deck the block to create the proper piston protrusion.

I hear people ask about 'forged rods', and the question is, why? MaxSpeeding (MS) are some of the forged Chinese CRAP we suggest to stay away from. MS sells H-beam and I-beam rods. I unintentionally bought some from a well-known vendor, turned shyster, that passed them off as quality rods. I destroyed a built engine from a set MS rods in 5 miles. I had to remove and rebuild that engine. I also had to recall two other engines, built with the same rods, so I could tear down those engines and replace the rods. Although .0002" is our tolerance on the big ends, there was one rod I'll never forget; .009" taper...unbelievable junk. After all the hell with rebuilding 3 engines, I made my complaint to the vendor and was told, 'You should have measured them.' Hell, HE should have measured them! I admit my complacence, as I had previously bought those rods. Now, we do measure every rod. 'Trust and Verify'. Molnars are amazingly accurate.

I suppose if you want an I-beam rod, which we do not use, that is the cheapest and quickest way to make a rod. I did not say the best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ-CVhRfZ9k

The most power? Many say they want maximum power, but power costs. Big power costs big money and reliability is sacrificed. At a point of reliability, the ASV's lose ranking from having straight wrist pin bushings. Even if you were to 'trade up' to the PD 115 rods, as suggested by the same one who likes MaxSpeeding rods, the PD 115 rods are also a limit for power. All the PD rods are beveled wrist pins, so that is less reason to mate them with the ASV's, which lack the beveled wrist pin improvement.

One other piston reaches prominence. When talking about reducing CR and increasing bore size, that is the reason we use the BHW pistons. Drop in CR to 18.25, increase to 2.0 liter, beveled wrist pins, adds real performance as the lowered CR improves the charge volume.

But I'm with TC798. The ARL's have a huge 20mm ring drop and keeps the top ring from annealing. That makes great sense, but they are pricey.

In my opinion, the best middle-of-the-road pistons are the versions found in BRM's. They have all the benefits and take little, if anything to fit the stock bore going back to the AHU engines.

The PD rods we stock in OEM and two versions of Molnar H-beams. That is the upshot to having been foisted CRAP MaxSpeeding rods. I decided to take the problem in-house and develop our own, rather than being abused by a charlatan.

As for boring out blocks, we have done a number of blocks that we have simply honed, some without removing the block from the vehicle. We incorporate a piston coating service and special ring sizes to incrementally size piston bores and pistons for improved clearances. It is a unique and cost effective method to rejuvenate a block with minimum effort and great results.

Last edited:

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
1984 CJ w/ ALH and 1994 XJ w/ PD150/ALH hybrid
I hear people ask about 'forged rods', and the question is, why? MaxSpeeding (MS) are some of the forged Chinese CRAP we suggest to stay away from.

There are plenty of people using these rods that make very big power in the VE style engines. One guy from Finland that I know, with a compound setup is making 350hp with Gibonta nozzles (oh no! Chinese nozzles (yet Darkside sells them)) and, Jeff Stevenson made 280whp and I can't remember how much torque. These rods are well proven, and for the majority of individuals out there they will work perfectly fine. Please stop bashing other peoples stuff, just to sell your own.

I unintentionally bought some from a well-known vendor, turned shyster, that passed them off as quality rods. I destroyed a built engine from a set MS rods in 5 miles. I had to remove and rebuild that engine.
All I'm saying is that if you blew up an engine in 5 miles, either the rods weren't checked, or something else was wrong. Being that I've been a diesel mechanic for about 20 years (which I know is less than you Frank), I think it's a prudent choice to either measure your parts before you install them, or pay someone to. Granted I built MUCH larger marine diesels for the US Coast Guard that put out a ton more power than these, but the right thing to do (especially if it's for a customer) is to measure everything!

I also had to recall two other engines, built with the same rods, so I could tear down those engines and replace the rods. Although .0002" is our tolerance on the big ends, there was one rod I'll never forget; .009" taper...unbelievable junk.

The old adage of measure twice, cut once still applies when building engines. I can only guess that you measured them AFTER the rods failed? Or were these the other two? I'm guessing recall means that they were sent out, might have been run maybe? More than 5 miles, or were they just waiting to be installed? This sounds like some Orange County Chopper building if things weren't measured before they were installed. Order parts, slap them in, and pray.

There is also a possibility that you might be wrong with this, but who knows. In the end I know you're a businessman trying to run a business, but you shouldn't be talking trash about others equipment because of your alleged issues. There are a metric crap-ton of people running these rods without issue, and your post above puts you as one data-point in the whole scheme of things.

Last edited:

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
CRAP (Chinese Replacement Auto Parts) may be good for you, cuban, but not for me.

And I admitted, I became complacent and trusting after having done business with the same vendor for years, I didn't check and for that, I am regretful. On the other hand, he foisted very cheap rods onto me, and for a rather luxurious price. I expected the same quality that I had for years and did not get it. You are correct, and I said so... Trust and Verify. I had installed this same vendor's rods for years. Never had a problem. I did 'learn my lesson' and I should never have trusted someone else. Perhaps you missed that part.

My experience with MaxSpeeding pushed me to create my own rods. If you get rods and the first thing you have to do is fix them, I guess that suits some people. But just getting the size of a rod end is not all there is to it. What else is wrong that sizing can't fix? The Chinese are not exactly known for their high quality metallurgy and heat treating.

When I sell components now, I open everything and inspect. You can have all the Gibonta (HiFLOX) and MaxSpeeding you can choke down...Not for me. So you know, some of the rods of the group I bought were not even repairable. A quality vendor would know what he is selling and I can say that I do.

I also have to wonder when I hear all these fantastic claims of engines with outrageous horsepower, how long they last. Like gamblers, they talk about the one dyno, (their successes)but not about the life expectancy (the failures). But I will tell you plainly, if I had known the rods I bought were from MaxSpeeding, I'd have sent them all back. They weren't marked as such. I will stick with my opinion. I have had enough of those types of companies.

JBMorrison used to sell knockoff Bosch nozzles, which is illegal. I have had my good name abused to sell on Ebay. I stopped that. You shouldn't be allowed to rename a low quality product and get away with it. That is what happened to me. Even there, I do not name the low-life that did that to me, only the actual producing company.

The one thing I know with my product. It's the right dimensions and material, each and every time.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.” - Ben Franklin

Last edited:

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
CRAP (Chinese Replacement Auto Parts) may be good for you, cuban, but not for me.

They're good for a bunch of people, not just me.

And I admitted, I became complacent and trusting after having done business with the same vendor for years, I didn't check and for that, I am regretful. On the other hand, he foisted very cheap rods onto me, and for a rather luxurious price. I expected the same quality that I had for years and did not get it. You are correct, and I said so... Trust and Verify. I had installed this same vendor's rods for years. Never had a problem. I did 'learn my lesson' and I should never have trusted someone else. Perhaps you missed that part.

No I didn't miss that part, nor did I miss the part where they taught me to build engines by measuring before I installed parts. And this doesn't just apply since the engines I built were tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to replace if mistakes are made. Especially when one is so concerned with their name being dragged in the mud.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” Benjamin Franklin

But I will tell you plainly, if I had known the rods I bought were from MaxSpeeding, I'd have sent them all back. They weren't marked as such.

Are you saying they weren't labeled, didn't come in a box with labeling, and you installed them without verifying what they were? Were the ones you used prior to the MaxSpeeding ones also lacking labeling and packaging that told you what they were? If so, what brand were they? If not, why didn't this throw up red flags that caused you to question their origin? Hindsight is always 20/20.

The Chinese are not exactly known for their high quality metallurgy and heat treating.

The number 1 export of China in 2019 is electrical equipment and machinery (roughly 671 billion US). In addition the US imports roughly 16.2% of the exports from China. Their top two exports? Electrical machinery and plain ole machinery. Guess it works enough for the rest of the US, Hong Kong (11.2%), Japan (5.7%), South Korea (4.4%), Vietnam (3.9%), Germany (3.2%), India (3.0%), Netherlands (3%), United Kingdom (2.5%), Taiwan (2.2%), Singapore (also 2.2%) and Malaysia (2.1%). But what do they know? Frank06 says their stuff is junk! :D

I also have to wonder when I hear all these fantastic claims of engines with outrageous horsepower, how long they last. Like gamblers, they talk about the one dyno, (their successes)but not about the life expectancy (the failures).

Your inability to accept these "fantastic claims" doesn't detract from the truth that they are achieving these numbers. Nobody claimed that these engines would last, but rather they're showing what they are capable of, with these CRAP products (while the engine that I posted up above, actually runs PD130 rods). Any engine will fail, and the more power you put to it (common sense), lack of maintenance (common sense), and other factors play a role in their life expectancy.

Are you suggesting that if one spends more money on your parts to achieve the same results (fantastic claims of 400hp and 400 lb ft) that it will last longer? Of course it won't, it'll probably last just as long. We BOTH know that once an engine has a potential failure point, it's going to go that route. And if these rods were as bad as you make them out to be, there would be a TON more failures than you're suggesting. I stick with my previous comment that after 5 miles with engine failure, there must've been something else going on.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb

You shouldn't be allowed to rename a low quality product and get away with it.
Couldn't agree more.

That is what happened to me. Even there, I do not name the low-life that did that to me, only the actual producing company.

When you make quotes and claims about things, you need to be able to back them up with proof. Otherwise it becomes difficult to believe said claims.

The one thing I know with my product. It's the right dimensions and material, each and every time.

Unless there is a failure point in the manufacturing process...IE who you source your raw materials from. It can happen. Especially when CHINA is the number one manufacturer of raw materials. And what do you do as a good vendor, and businessman? You stand behind your product (which I know you do).

All I'm suggesting is that Frank's rods won't hold any more power than most of us are looking to achieve than any other forged rod to the RIGHT specs. Price point plays a role in everything. Why spend more on Levi jeans when Old Navy fits me fine? Why spend more money on Snap-On tools when Craftsman tools have the same warranty, and you can replace broken ones easier? Why spend more money on rods, when cheaper ones will work just as well? If I can buy rods, and have them looked at and/or worked by a competent machinist for less than the cost of others, isn't that the fiscally responsible decision? All questions that must be answered by individuals that don't have a vested interest in the answer.

“The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.” ― Winston S. Churchill

Last edited:

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
This whole thread has veered off from a fundamentally incorrect assumption - that forged rods are needed. For the millionth time, the OEM rods are already forged!

For the price of ASV pistons and whatever aftermarket rods one chooses -- I won't get into the debate of which one to buy because 1) I believe there is a very limited case that really needs anything more than what's available in the OEM parts bin; 2) I've not yet had the occasion to shop for a set -- you could buy a good BHW shortblock and get the benefits of increased displacement, bigger main bearing and big-end journal diameters and a much stouter block in general as a base to build big power.

Apart from fulfilling curiosity, which is fine, forget CNG. You can make all the power you want on Diesel only without the complexities and compromises of the second fuel system, not to mention the real risk of reduced engine life or catastrophic damage if not approached carefully.

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Unfortunately, my proof would require I break vendor rules. I can't do that. I haven't for the 6 years prior what I got took and will continue to do the same. So, the vendors name will remain my personal knowledge. Sometimes, you have to protect not only the innocent, but the guilty also.

There was a time I stopped using a part that had a known 1% failure rate. I doubt that Max is as low. But I doubt you can prove that either.

I speak my mind. I find that many of my bits of advice are well received. I am not going to stop you from your opinion, nor are you going to persuade me to leave mine. I stand firm that given enough rope, many will hang themselves from the same tree.

I choose not to set myself up for a failure. The fact that was lied to and cheated for a part I never would have purchased, had I known, still leaves me with this overriding fact. Those rods you tout are the same ones that got me about a month of wasted time and a lot of money down the drain. So, if I had been smarter 6 years ago, I wouldn't have given trust to people who are not trustworthy. And yes, for the last time, we trust and verify.

Let's say it this way. SOMETIMES, the Chinese rods MIGHT work for SOME PEOPLE, at least, for a time. Or they might snap in two and melt out a crank for the next guy. We design to avoid that premise. Btw: We have seen the rods not only with poorly made big ends, but the lengths are not equal. I guess that shouldn't matter either, eh? .004" variation in length at 19:1 compression is .5 CR difference. We think it matters.

Yes, for all your quotes, even a broken clock is right 2 times a day...

There is one thing I can say, if you really follow me. We have a reputation. It's not formed from doing stupid things over and over, but by making as successful an assembly as we possibly can. An honest mistake will be corrected. Protocol requires adjusting to overcome issues. We will continue to do that and it does not include MaxSpeeding to accomplish our goals. That is a choice of protocol that will not be reverted.

You go ahead. I've got heads to finish porting and engines to build. Good luck to you.

Meister, I do not and have not ever assumed the need for forging. As a matter of fact, the word is bandied about like 'Billet', which is another one of the 'magic words' that somehow sells parts. We even have heard that some are making 'Forged Billet' parts. Oh, puleeze! I expect 'New and Improved' to follow.

As for your direction to a BHW block, that is what we have notion to call the 'Bullet Proof' build. No, there is no bullet proof, but I agree that the BHW block is a great starting point. We build em. Also, we install the European crank for the manual transmission. There conversions to allow manual trans assembly for the automatic trans crank, but I think it's sturdier to use the OEM manual crank.

BTW: we do sell the 2.0 liter 53.7mm rods. When you are talking performance, pulling out the stops is not a bad thing to do. ARP 3/8" asymmetric rod bolts are very cool.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Frank, my statement about forged rods was not directed at you but the OP and others who would post every other month about "upgrading" to "forged rods."

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Meister, I didn't think it was. My statements are from what I see every month, also considering the same things. For what I am privy to, I think it's been noted that when things go incredibly wrong, I seem to get a call, email or text. It's interesting to me. Here is our latest, greatest TDI engine fail:

This is an engine that had an epic fail when it dropped a valve at about 75mph.

What's in the oil pan is the rest of the piston from above. Amazing...

Meister, I happen to agree with you, and also that the BHW format is a great platform to build on. We have done several.

Last edited:

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
Unfortunately, my proof would require I break vendor rules. I can't do that. I haven't for the 6 years prior what I got took and will continue to do the same. So, the vendors name will remain my personal knowledge. Sometimes, you have to protect not only the innocent, but the guilty also.
Hmm, and hmm. It would seem when they are in direct competition you have no problem being vocal. I guess it's good that I'm fully retired and not selling anything.

There was a time I stopped using a part that had a known 1% failure rate. I doubt that Max is as low. But I doubt you can prove that either.
You can't prove that it's that low, nor can I prove that it's that high. Not seeing the point.

I speak my mind. I find that many of my bits of advice are well received. I am not going to stop you from your opinion, nor are you going to persuade me to leave mine. I stand firm that given enough rope, many will hang themselves from the same tree.
And people appreciate you for that. You probably don't recall, but you and I spoke on the phone for almost 2 hours one night. I had questions about heads, and other things. I would say that the majority of the conversation led to how great your heads, rods, and sputtered bearings (that you can get) were. While a wealth of knowledge (some that might be questionable to others), it felt like you were trying to sell me a fully built race car, which this engine never will be, and that your parts were so much better than everyone else's.

I choose not to set myself up for a failure. The fact that was lied to and cheated for a part I never would have purchased, had I known, still leaves me with this overriding fact. Those rods you tout are the same ones that got me about a month of wasted time and a lot of money down the drain. So, if I had been smarter 6 years ago, I wouldn't have given trust to people who are not trustworthy. And yes, for the last time, we trust and verify.
You've chosen to not set yourself up for failure now. We all learn from mistakes. Those rods, and your inability to trust but verify that the rods were the right specs, led to the failure of that engine. Were they they rods, the bearings, the clearances, who knows? At the end, it was your mistake and you learned from it.

During the whole Rosten rod debacle you even admitted that you didn't measure the clearances when installing them into the same engine. Realize though that engine builders have been building performance engines for YEARS, and they check clearances. Even in that post I linked these clone rods were put into an "extreme" engine and that it wasn't known if it was the rods that buckled or the pistons that caused it.

Let's say it this way. SOMETIMES, the Chinese rods MIGHT work for SOME PEOPLE, at least, for a time. Or they might snap in two and melt out a crank for the next guy. We design to avoid that premise. Btw: We have seen the rods not only with poorly made big ends, but the lengths are not equal. I guess that shouldn't matter either, eh? .004" variation in length at 19:1 compression is .5 CR difference. We think it matters.
How many rods do you think were sold under the Rosten name; CSX, MAXSpeeding, no-name, etc? How many failures did we hear back in 2014? Not that many. What about up until now? How many did you sell? You admitted to Geir that you had them all check and that some were out of spec. Also, can you show me where these rods have snapped or broken a crank, or is that speculation? So I'd wager, that back in 2014 (and up until now), they sold a TON more than what you're suggesting, and we didn't see a COVID-19 spread of failures. I can only guess that their manufacturing has gotten much better since that time (but can't prove it), since they continue to sell these rods, NOT ONLY to us, but also to countless other car manufacturer enthusiasts with more often than not, great results.

Lengths should be equal. Weights should be within a gram. Mine were checked at a machine shop, and guess what? They're good. If they are all the same length, but .004 off in length guess what the difference between the head gasket thicknesses are.....you got it, roughly 0.004 in the Bentley manual, so I'm good. Are you saying that when someone gets rods they shouldn't trust but verify and have them taken to a machine shop? I've seen engine builders that check their clearances when they build engines, but I guess that's not important to you, eh? Even MK3PD was shocked about that.

Yes, for all your quotes, even a broken clock is right 2 times a day...

That could go for both of us, huh Frank?

I've got another one: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

That can go for both me, who is willing to spend less money to either succeed or fail and for those willing to spend more money than is necessary to achieve the same goal.

There is one thing I can say, if you really follow me. We have a reputation. It's not formed from doing stupid things over and over, but by making as successful an assembly as we possibly can. An honest mistake will be corrected. Protocol requires adjusting to overcome issues. We will continue to do that and it does not include MaxSpeeding to accomplish our goals. That is a choice of protocol that will not be reverted.
Until you get a set of clones (CSX, MaxSpeeding, fake Rostens, etc), of which you were unable to see through in the past (and they're only getting better at fooling us), and they get installed. It happens, I understand an honest mistake (hindsidght, remember).You do you, and I'll do me. Just don't think that you can bash other peoples thoughts and processes because they differ from yours or aren't the products you particularly sell.

I can say without question Rosten is no longer paying a Chinaman to make his rods since late 2014.
Additionally, calling them chinamen in the context that you did., is pretty racist. But, I'd wager that was an honest mistake, from an older gentleman that back in his day it was OK.

You go ahead. I've got heads to finish porting and engines to build. Good luck to you.
That's great. Having a CNC machine to do the work, sounds like a sweet gig. I only have a manual mill and lathe in my garage, but they can be converted to CNC if I so had the desire (or knowledge to do G-Code). That leads to another example. If I port my head by hand, and you port a head by CNC, and the difference in volume increase is a wash, is it better to pay for one of your heads, or do it myself?

BTW: we do sell the 2.0 liter 53.7mm rods. When you are talking performance, pulling out the stops is not a bad thing to do. ARP 3/8" asymmetric rod bolts are very cool.

Always the salesman, huh Frank? :D

And on that, I'm done. Best of luck to all. BHW lower is a good alternative for a strong engine.

Last edited:

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Every once in a while, somebody gets a burr under their saddle and feels they have to call me out...

What are you? My personal shrink? You've spent quite some time on your diatribe. So, you are my 'expose' reporter that digs through my past to try to impeach me with my own words.

All you want is to turn my words on me. You do what I won't. Dig back years ago and name names. Even what I did, you make it somehow wrong; to say that mistake, also made by another vendor, was not any longer being done. You try to turn everything into something wrong. Now you accuse me of being a xenophobe.

No more. At the very least, you have made one thing very clear. When buying from the sources that you are so virulent to defend requires spending more money to make sure they aren't screwing you. I made product 'out of the box' and that is what most people want. And just to make myself perfectly clear, if I could take every boatload of the crap those Chinese foist on us with their 'Quality Fade', and you know, there is PLENTY not worth the dead weight it's made from, and make them pay for their bad quality, I'd do it.

And do you ever wonder... Who are the Chinese people making those parts? What are they paid to work there? What are their working conditions? If they get hurt on the job, what happens to them? Are they treated fairly? Would YOU want to work in a Chinese factory? OSHA protects you. What protects THEM? How many hours and days a week are they REQUIRED to work? Do you think they tell us exactly how excellent benefits are over there? I wonder how many vacation days they get. You only see the cheap price.

Do you not understand the Communist system? I think you would. The average Chinese factory worker makes $250 to $450 (converted Yuan) a month. I highly trained chinese employee can make $1300 a month. What do you make, Cuba, as I would guess you are a highly trained employee? 5x-10x that?

I will remember a line from another purveyor of CRAP rods and his statement, when I presented to him a 'pick list' of complaints for his poorly made, early versions of their rods.. He called the company with my complaints... The response he came back with the next day was,

"The person responsible for the bad parts is being punished..."

PUNISHED?!?

I told him, "I guess that's the way they handle things in China."

He said, "I guess so."

I wonder what the punishment was. It's the LAST TIME I dealt with that company. No, I'm not going to name them, either. Dig away. See if you can find it....

I will sell quality first and foremost. My reputation, except for Cuba it seems, is notable. I don't like being screwed and won't stand for it. I don't screw other people. I find excellent product and represent some great ideas for TDI owners and have done so, historically. I now have Mr Cuba that thinks I need to be called out. Go ahead, if you have any more. How far have you gone and how much time did you spend digging dirt on me? Is the 'bad man' in me all you found? I would think not, but you are like a New York Times reporting on a conservative, which, by the way, I am. I guess I should consider what you are doing an interesting analysis of just who you are... Obsessed.

Why do you want those Chinese rods? It's the cheap price. There is more to the story and of all people, you should know it.

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI

No, I'm just the purveyor of truth. I didn't post up anything you yourself didn't post first.

You pander your goods as the best and the only ones people should have if they want quality. You're like an attorney that chases after ambulances. I believe, we are here to help one another with the knowledge that we have, and not try to pander our goods over others, because we perceive them as the end all, be all.

You're not all that, and a bag of Doritos. And for that matter, neither am I.

Have a good day.

Last edited:

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Do you really not care that it's oppression you support?

If it weren't for the overwhelming greed that pushes people like you to go for the cheapest common denominator, maybe the draw to use the near slave level labor force of the Chinese would not be so strong, and yet get lesser quality.

As for how I help, and who I help, you have again, impuned me. I get this impression you are a 20-something that is protected by a keyboard and distance. You are insulting, with little knowledge of what I do, how I do it or what benefit I offer. It's quite the dichotomy when you come from a culture that is oppressed, but you don't see how you support it in another country that even now, to top it all off, is proving their disdain for us.

I think I've made my point. I see how you skew things. And in a way, whether you or I intended it or not, you have pointed to the problem. There are some people you just can't trust.

The day is already good. It will be and has been, with or without you.

Enjoy your Doritos. Everyone else, I'm done and you can put down the popcorn...

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I think we have sufficiently traumatized the OP at this point.

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
Do you really not care that it's oppression you support?

And you're rallying against the oppression by calling them Chinaman and not doing anything to further the cause of democracy? Oh, I see what you're doing. You're pandering your parts, over theirs. So they can't eat, because now we're all buying Frank's overpriced parts.

If it weren't for the overwhelming greed that pushes people like you to go for the cheapest common denominator, maybe the draw to use the near slave level labor force of the Chinese would not be so strong, and yet get lesser quality.

Say's the person charging what he does for parts that work just as well.

As for how I help, and who I help, you have again, impuned me. I get this impression you are a 20-something that is protected by a keyboard and distance. You are insulting, with little knowledge of what I do, how I do it or what benefit I offer. It's quite the dichotomy when you come from a culture that is oppressed, but you don't see how you support it in another country that even now, to top it all off, is proving their disdain for us.

I'm 38. I'm in the process of retiring after 20 years of service to the US Coast Guard. I told you this, when we talked, you must've forgotten, or because I was just another number to you when you were pandering your parts my way...

I'm not insulting, you're feelings are getting hurt. What I'm saying, is stuff that has already been discussed on this forum. Everything I've accused you of, has been proven on this forum. You're upset, because the truth hurts.

You do see my name correct? Cuban...as in Cuba...and I don't know a culture that is oppressed? Talk about not knowing your audience. How about this, lets see what you do for those that are oppressed. Selling parts? Don't think that's going to fix the socioeconomic issues that exist around the world. But if you want pity, I'm sure you'll get it.

I think I've made my point. I see how you skew things. And in a way, whether you or I intended it or not, you have pointed to the problem. There are some people you just can't trust.

Skewed? I believe you need some better glasses if you think that what I'm doing is a problem. I'm pointing out that people can use other parts, and HAVE used parts other than yours, and made power. EVERYTHING WE DO IS A GAMBLE WITH THESE ENGINES. We put power to them, they could blow up. With the money I've saved, I can buy another good engine and throw it in. Don't worry though, I'll check the clearances. Even if YOU can't believe that people are making the power they are across the pond, doesn't detract from the truth that they are. Will they blow up? Maybe. Will they blow up with your parts installed? Maybe. Who knows. The truth is your parts work just as well as others, stop bashing others for their decisions to use them. Stop insinuating that the parts that you used HALF A DECADE AGO are the same ones that people are using today. ME as the fiscally responsible consumer; I"ll make my choice on where I spend my money. ME as a person who wants to help, without the need for fiscal support from those I help, will do so.

The day is already good. It will be and has been, with or without you.

Enjoy your Doritos. Everyone else, I'm done and you can put down the popcorn...

Ohhh, sick burn there Frank...You really got me there! I'm going to have to apply some burn ointment that.

I think we have sufficiently traumatized the OP at this point.

Couldn't agree more. I'm done if Frank is. I mean, I hope he doesn't come back six months from now to give the 20-something year old the what's, what.

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
Go away... you are obsessing. Get a life.

I thought you were done? (hold on, going to get my Doritos)

I'm retired...I was working on my Chinese Jetta. Don't you have a job to do? Like pander parts to people who are asking for advice?

Last edited:

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, I get it. You don't like my style. It's mutual.

GET MORE POPCORN BOYS. FRANK IS ON A ROLL!

Before this keeps going, I just decided to put him on my ignore lists. Sorry for all this OP, I'm just tired of him trying to say his stuff is so much better than anyone else's. Please don't your own research, and do go off the hearsay of one person.

Last edited:

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
I never said my stuff is 'so much better'. You make things up. But I DO have things that are better and have been doing so for years. Despite your BS, my parts are priced right. I do plenty of business, in spite of you and I expect that will continue. I innovate.

You need to proofread better. I've wasted too much time on the likes of you. So, if you ignore this, so much the better. Otherwise, I feel you are the guy that has to have the last word. Get in another rant. And you're right. I've got a pile of heads to work and I don't need to waste my time on you.

Goodbye.

Knarf

TDI
2002 Golf 4D manual
You nailed it Frank. All very very well stated. It's pretty clear to readers on this forum, even newbies like me, that you are one of the go-to-guys for TDI.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Wow. This escalated quickly.
I cant believe what I'm reading how somone can be this oblivious to somone who has done nothing but give good information and decades of knowlage and building tips. I know there are some members here who dont like Frank because of a bad experience and talking with some of them it seems obvious that it's a case of (my crap blew up, it must be Frank's fault, not the fact that I race car the f put of what I was given!
Cuban... you need to relax a bit. Understand who your talking to and put ego aside. It's been years of me trying to do the same.
Frank, keep it real for me and dont change a thing! I had to get a few bags of popcorn drizzled with my favorite blind fluid for this thread!
Going with chinisium never solves anything but the entrance to the rabbit hole of unreliability and an empty wallet!

To OP
Figure out what turbo you want for the power you desire, the 764's are awesome nozzles. Read up. Plenty of builds out there to copy. Prepare your wallet!

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
Cuban... you need to relax a bit. Understand who your talking to and put ego aside. It's been years of me trying to do the same.

Thanks for the advice Mongler98. I'm perfectly relaxed, lol. I know who I'm talking to, and have no ego. I'm not going to reiterate what I've said, as it speaks for itself. To go even further, a member here sent me a message stating the same feelings (but didn't want to speak up, as to not burn any bridges with Frank), and I've talked with others (on Facebook) that feel the same way (the pushiness of parts, and how they are superior to any others). If I have an ego, I hate to think what Frank believes, with everyone up his butt (but I can see where some might idolize him). I've never said that he isn't knowledgeable, that would be foolish to suggest. All I'm suggesting is that there are alternative parts, that work just as well as his. While we all have a choice on parts to use, having someone who so vehemently talks down to others products, only to push his on is own products is only increasing the FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) of other vendors products. There are individuals that are afraid to use these parts because of the blatant lies that are sometimes spread here. My aim is to show that one experience does not define everyone else's. To that end, there are plenty of folks running these rods, and other clones of them, with success. There are those out there running more expensive rods that have had failure due to their own negligence.

Have a good day, and thank you for the advice though.

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Vehement personal attacks, I'm really not into. People selling junk, claiming it is good, I'm not very good at accepting that either.

I have before and will again, admit that trusting the CRAP rods and 'just putting them in' was a big mistake on my part. The bigger mistake to was to assume the vendor I bought them from would offer the same product as they had in the past. That was really underhanded what happened. I made the stupid assumption that the rods were inspected and actually, I was also under the impression, finished by the vendor I bought from. Big mistake... Lesson learned. So, in displaying my huge mistake, I guess that's me showing my giant ego, right? The point would be 'don't repeat my mistakes'.

What I now do for each of the customers that purchase the product I offer... I open every single package, get my platen off the wall, zero my bore gauge and measure...even though I continue to see the most accurately produced finish, I learned my lesson the hard way. Trust and Verify. Although our vendor is allowed .0002" tolerance, the accuracy is always on the black line under the Zero. It's amazing.

So, if it suits those willing to buy what I have found to be an inferior product, at least you know to check their dimensional accuracy and balance. As for 'alternative parts', I think that could be followed through to it's ultimate conclusion. Buy nothing but Chinese parts. Assemble the entire motor, A-Z with entirely Chinese product. I am not going to waste my time on that experiment. But I can give you a referral where you can buy all those parts...

I am sure there are those who don't care for some of my 'antics'. I also have had several well known vendors who tried to 'go around me' to buy my products. When I can stop it, like my rods, that's not happening. Probably the single thing I have historically done is to point out what, how and why to perform 'tests' to prove a product, for example injector nozzles, torque specs for the ALH cam sprocket, methods of setting injector balance, getting the best economy from a PD motor, performance cams, cylinder heads with a long-standing, long-life reputation, and that is just a taste of what I have done. I also have a great deal of empathy for those whose failures were avoidable, either through product or method. I can't begin to number the people I've helped with 'technical support'. Agree with me or not, I supply a lot of good information, on the forums and individually.

Also, historically, I always attempt to purchase, install and recommend the best product, with the least failure rates. That improves my and my customer's overall success.

All that said, I don't have any idea what the failure rate is for MaxSpeeding or their clones. I doubt I will ever find out, except from my abbreviated experience, which will not be repeated. There is no lie in what I said. I have only been called a liar twice on the Club, that I know of. The other one that called me a liar is now a customer, or you could say, a convert. I don't expect any change of heart from cuban. It's been quite vitriolic.

As for the rods we sell, I can tell you exactly the failure rate... ZERO. We have had two customers with extreme nozzles (not our builds) that ran away and both of them split the pistons and flame etched the top of the rod. Although the rod was still holding dimension, convention demands replacement. Can't blame the rod for that...

As for who else I am on the Club, I can tell you a lot of 'free, with no monetary benefit' information is offered on a virtual daily basis. Or as I have always said,"Hints, Tips and Tricks are Still Free."

You, Cuban, will stand out as one person who I really got under his skin for telling what I personally know to be the facts. Or also as I am fond of saying, "The bitter truth is better than a sweet lie."

So, I'll leave you with this. If my rods (or any of my products) fail, we do back them. I did not get that offer from the Vendor who sold me the Chinese rods. No, instead he told me I had to be wrong, it was my fault and no refund or compensation was ever offered. I also paid a premium for what easily could have been bought from Ebay. Talk about getting screwed...

As I have said even 6 years ago, I learned my lesson. But instead of leaving a novice to figure out if our product is good or not, we check it ourselves. I'm known for removing as much risk factor as possible with protocol for a refined product.

There were others who support your feelings, Cuban. There used to be a wonderful website made by one of my detractors...Yes, I know I'm not roundly liked (is anybody?)... that was "A safe place to complain about Frank's VW TDI's"... We laid that site was laid to rest a few years ago, but we still have a safe place to complain.

If you have a complaint about me, please call, email put it on the Vendor Complaint Section. Heck, if you don't like what I'm saying, as I'm saying it, TELL ME! I'm a big boy... I can take constructive criticism. We prefer that you bring your complaints to us personally, but we understand a select few people's needs to publicize their issues. If you personally don't want to 'upset the apple cart', there does appear to still be someone available and willing to do the expose'. But without naming names, is that not the FUD I am accused of?

Good luck with the Chinese parts. If you want to practice a more complete example of a Chinese engine, I can point everyone to a cylinder head, some pistons and a really amusing timing belt kit to practice with. I also have a few $$$ into the experiment for some CRAP injector nozzles. They were cheap... maybe you would like to experiment with some of them. I'm done with them.

To the ones who wish to take the risk, spend the extra money to make sure the CRAP rods are sized and balanced correctly. It shouldn't cost more than about $30 per rod.
Then I wish 'Good Luck' and much better luck than I had with them.

As for our application of Luck; it is something we make every attempt to eliminate as a design function for our builds.

Mongler, I recall even you and I have had a disagreement, but it ended without a single cross word. I appreciate that.

I hope the light of my message does not cause cuban any additional grief. It's just the facts, as I know them. Nothing personal intended. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

cuban11182

Veteran Member
TDI
Vehement personal attacks, I'm really not into. People selling junk, claiming it is good, I'm not very good at accepting that either.
I don't believe these were vehement personal attacks, rather I was just stating
the facts, as I know them.
I'm not good with people selling their product and bashing others because of their experience (especially someone as well respected and with the clout you have) it's a bit of a marketing ploy
I have before and will again, admit that trusting the CRAP rods and 'just putting them in' was a big mistake on my part.
These rods were "Rosten" rods (but not labelled). Nobody knew. It was a crappy situation. How long were you using these clone rods? Nobody might know, but the truth is that most of them worked. Granted this was years ago. Since that time, there have been plenty of different variations. Some good, some bad. Did the Rosten rods come in a box with their name on it, or was it a blank box like these were?
What I now do for each of the customers that purchase the product I offer... I open every single package, get my platen off the wall, zero my bore gauge and measure...even though I continue to see the most accurately produced finish, I learned my lesson the hard way.
Nothing wrong from learning from our mistakes. Maybe it's time you crossed the bridge and order a set of clone rods. Put them through some NDT or DT. If you're willing to check every product, maybe you can start offering alternative products, at a lower price point and put your "stamp of approval" on them. Or are you that against Chinese products?
So, if it suits those willing to buy what I have found to be an inferior product, at least you know to check their dimensional accuracy and balance. As for 'alternative parts', I think that could be followed through to it's ultimate conclusion. Buy nothing but Chinese parts. Assemble the entire motor, A-Z with entirely Chinese product. I am not going to waste my time on that experiment. But I can give you a referral where you can buy all those parts...
Now you're being foolish, lol. Maybe just put maple syrup in the sump instead of oil...it's viscous right? Rather I'm suggesting that some parts work, some don't. In this case rods work. They've been proven to work, time and time again. If you had measured them before slapping them in, the we could conclusively say that the rods were the failure point. But hindsight is 20/20.
I am sure there are those who don't care for some of my 'antics'. I also have had several well known vendors who tried to 'go around me' to buy my products. When I can stop it, like my rods, that's not happening. Probably the single thing I have historically done is to point out what, how and why to perform 'tests' to prove a product, for example injector nozzles, torque specs for the ALH cam sprocket, methods of setting injector balance, getting the best economy from a PD motor, performance cams, cylinder heads with a long-standing, long-life reputation, and that is just a taste of what I have done. I also have a great deal of empathy for those whose failures were avoidable, either through product or method. I can't begin to number the people I've helped with 'technical support'. Agree with me or not, I supply a lot of good information, on the forums and individually.
I haven't stated otherwise, EXCEPT that some information you pass is only good to you. While helping is great. I'm doing the exact same thing right now with someone on Facebook with engine issues. I've offered for them to come to me, if they were close, because like you, I like helping. That said, I also have my opinions and almost 20 years of experience working on diesel engines, and I use that experience and knowledge to help. My advice comes from my experiences, but I don't try to sell parts, MY PARTS (because I have none) over others because they are so radically superior in every way because I open them up and check them, and my parts are not Chinese. THAT is the problem I have.
All that said, I don't have any idea what the failure rate is for MaxSpeeding or their clones. I doubt I will ever find out, except from my abbreviated experience, which will not be repeated. There is no lie in what I said. I have only been called a liar twice on the Club, that I know of. The other one that called me a liar is now a customer, or you could say, a convert. I don't expect any change of heart from cuban. It's been quite vitriolic.
Vitrolic, lol. No Frank, I'm not vitrolic, just tired of you pandering your parts over others and using your clout to cast doubt on anything else.
As for the rods we sell, I can tell you exactly the failure rate... ZERO.
Well I hope so Frank. You personally
open every single package, get my platen off the wall, zero my bore gauge and measure...even though I continue to see the most accurately produced finish..
If you did have a failure of a rod, you wouldn't sell it would you Frank? And through you non-destructive testing of every product if you DID find a rod that didn't meet up to your "standards of excellence" would you tell us about it? Would you change vendors due to a mistake? Can people make mistakes Frank, or do you swear them off entirely because they made a mistake? If you don't swear them off entirely Frank, then maybe try some of these Chinese rods and see what you find....or are you against them, because they're Chinese?
You, Cuban, will stand out as one person who I really got under his skin for telling what I personally know to be the facts. Or also as I am fond of saying, "The bitter truth is better than a sweet lie."
No Frank, you've gotten under plenty of folks skin, I've just been the most recent that is willing to vocalize it (I have no life, as you stated, remember?) You've burned plenty of bridges going through your post history. So much so that someone reached out to me, unsolicited, to talk about their experiences. And guess what, they echo'd mine, and went a little darker. But in the end, you only do speak your truth (we all do).
So, I'll leave you with this. If my rods (or any of my products) fail, we do back them.
Why would they fail? You check every one of them. BUTTTT, if they do fail, do you replace the engine that was destroyed?
I did not get that offer from the Vendor who sold me the Chinese rods. No, instead he told me I had to be wrong, it was my fault and no refund or compensation was ever offered. I also paid a premium for what easily could have been bought from Ebay. Talk about getting screwed...
You were screwed, as was Rosten. What happened was not right, by any stretch of the imagination. You were sold a product that you thought was one thing, but it wasn't. But, according to you, "some" of them worked. You now check every one of them. Good on you.
As I have said even 6 years ago, I learned my lesson. But instead of leaving a novice to figure out if our product is good or not, we check it ourselves. I'm known for removing as much risk factor as possible with protocol for a refined product.
Then tell the novice that your experience that was 0.009 off was 6 years ago. Tell them the WHOLE truth, not just your version of it. "While I (Frank) do not agree with using these rods due to X, Y, or Z, there are plenty of people that use them without issue. That said, I can guarantee that MY (Frank) products will not fail you, and I personally inspect everything that leaves my shop, and guarantee that if you have a failure due to workmanship that I will provide you with whatever replacements are needed to make you whole."
That, to me at least, seems like the less scummy way of selling your product. Say there are alternatives out there, but YOUR customer service and history of putting forth the best products (which come at a somewhat higher price) will be the absolute best they can be for whatever someone is building. I, can get behind that.
There were others who support your feelings, Cuban. There used to be a wonderful website made by one of my detractors...Yes, I know I'm not roundly liked (is anybody?)... that was "A safe place to complain about Frank's VW TDI's"... We laid that site was laid to rest a few years ago, but we still have a safe place to complain.
I'm not sure what website you're talking about, and at this point I'm not sure I care. But I will correct you in that there are others that support my feelings.
If you have a complaint about me, please call, email put it on the Vendor Complaint Section. Heck, if you don't like what I'm saying, as I'm saying it, TELL ME! I'm a big boy... I can take constructive criticism. We prefer that you bring your complaints to us personally, but we understand a select few people's needs to publicize their issues. If you personally don't want to 'upset the apple cart', there does appear to still be someone available and willing to do the expose'. But without naming names, is that not the FUD I am accused of?
I've heard stories of how you like to yell at people Frank...or is that an exaggeration as well? And I'm more than willing to do the expose (no life, remember). You can't take criticism, as we can see from this tirade back and forth.
Good luck with the Chinese parts. If you want to practice a more complete example of a Chinese engine, I can point everyone to a cylinder head, some pistons and a really amusing timing belt kit to practice with. I also have a few $$$ into the experiment for some CRAP injector nozzles. They were cheap... maybe you would like to experiment with some of them. I'm done with them.
I'm doing perfectly fine (as are a multitude of others) with my Chinese rods, Polish Turbos, Polish Injectors, UK VW Head, and other parts. While I cannot argue that some parts are inferior to others, I won't swear off an entire culture because I'm jaded that I didn't do my job six years ago.
To the ones who wish to take the risk, spend the extra money to make sure the CRAP rods are sized and balanced correctly. It shouldn't cost more than about $30 per rod. Then I wish 'Good Luck' and much better luck than I had with them.
$30 per rod? Where at a machine shop that panders their parts over others? You admitted, in an old post, after your failed engine (that you didn't measure, but rather did the "Orange County Chopper" build by just throwing parts together and it blew up in 5 miles) that some of the rods measured out fine. Hell, even Rosten said that one person blew a powerful engine up, but they couldn't determine if it was the rods or not. You had ONE experience, and in that experience have sworn off all others but your own. You remind me of my father who's sworn off all other brands of vehicles other than Dodge (but he doesn't own Dodge, nor their stock). There's a difference there. To each their own I guess.
I hope the light of my message does not cause cuban any additional grief. It's just the facts, as I know them. Nothing personal intended. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I want nothing but the best for you as well Frank. All I ask is that in your posts you tell the whole truth, not just your version of it. You will not gain me as a customer, and I'm sure you're ok with that, because while I know you think highly of your products, you talk down to others for their choices because of your one experience. There are a multitude of individuals around the world that use MaxSpeedingRods for turbos, suspension, and other components. While we all have the rights to our opinions, using your clout, as a well known member and vendor here to talk down on their products due to your experience, is well within what I think you can do. What I don't think is appropriate is to at the same time try to sell your goods, especially to a novice. Tell them the truth, the whole truth (not just your variation of it) and then see where the chips might lie. You're very steadfast in your thoughts that we can't make big power (like they do in Finland) in these engines for whatever reason. While we might believe one thing isn't possible, it doesn't detract from the truth that they're making it. Our versions of the truth might/could not be the actual truth.

Be well.

Last edited:

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
So much for the 'Ignore List'....

You're just like a liberal journalist. You parse my words. I'm never going to do that 'line by line' crap you do.

My experience with the CRAP rods was far from a single set. When buying, I usually purchase a minimum of 10 sets. In this case, it was a total of 9 sets of MaxSpeeding rods, because the vendor didn't have enough to fill the order... I guess that saved me a little bit. I can't really call them "MaxSpeeding Rods" as the boxes did not say Maxspeeding...They were imprinted with the Vendor's Business name; box and rods. But his admission was they were from the exact same manufacturer.

Btw: I guess you can consider this other vendor 'collateral damage', as I had publicly let this go, but you are doing the dirty work, digging up old bones. That's not my dirty laundry. I bet he wishes for you to shut your trap. We paid nearly double what we could have purchased them on Ebay + foreign shore shipping. Like I said, he got paid.
We got screwed. I'm sure he doesn't want to talk about it.

So, despite your invention that it was a single set of rods, it was not. We threw them away. Why would I go back to a company that cost me thousands of dollars and 100's of wasted hours, for more of the same CRAP? Like I said, I do not depend on luck. And for the love of God, stop with the 'I should have measured them.', like a nagging fishwife...The .0009" variation in the rod; that was TAPER. From side-to-side the rod should be Zero. Tolerance is .0002" for diameter, so if you think 4.5x tolerance is acceptable, then you are well situated with MaxSpeeding. That is just one of the issues we got.

I do have a possible theory why the rod sets we got were so bad... since the vendor in question was a comparatively 'low volume' buyer, maybe they sent him all of MaxSpeeding's rejects... just a thought. The Chinese are known to play that game.

So, after the debacle, we got involved with Molnar Technologies. I knew of him from years past. From a man with a pedigree in Connecting rods; who created the rod departments for Oliver, Wiseco and another I can't remember, Tom has almost 50 years in design and technology for connecting rod development. He pointed out several flaws with those wonderful rods you love so much. Although he could have reworked them, his opinion (Ok, maybe tempered by his desire to sell me rods, but I doubt that...), he would not rework them, as inferior. So, to answer one of your questions, no, I won't go back 'like a dog to his vomit' and bastardize my work. You can have all the MaxSpeeding rods you can choke down.

As for the rest, you should stop with assumption. You are simply on a vendetta. I already told you, we had two failures from cause but nothing else to report. We purposefully track our stuff.

The rest of that story... I NEVER said you can't make big hp, but I know 1) dyno's can be skewed for exaggeration and 2) life expectancy and survivability are our desired purpose. If someone wants to blow their rings out and lift a head, go for it...we will build to that end, but it's not my idea of the purpose of these engines. And we also hear tales that they publicly don't talk about the number of times they rebuilt the engines or the catastrophes. It's just the way it is. I'd rather not have engine builds that blow up and accusations hurled back on me. Race engine (above 2x stock) are prone to issues and that is undeniable. Liability is limited by every company for excessive hp. We are quite often, going to smaller hp from previously monster builds because of the customer's tiresome rebuilding issues.

Which brings me to another point. I probably have seen more disaster TDI builds in the last 6 months than you will see in your life. We have come to know what to expect. One thing I know to expect is there are some people who can't be reasoned with. I expect only one thing from you. You'll trash me to the end. Even if those 'wonderful' rods of yours DID blow up, you'd never admit it. If I were to prove my point, you'd deny it. What else is there to say?

And I NEVER have said anything against Polish nozzles(I use them and am Polish heritage), Colt Cams(it's not his cams where I had trouble), UK cylinder heads(I only think golf ball dimpling is a total waste of money for a TDI) or the rest of the STUFF you unfairly paint with your WIDE brush. It's the invention about me I disagree with.

We have your version of the truth... I'm really not here to win a 'popularity contest'. I have rods built to suit myself. If anyone else agrees, that's fine. But I designed to protect myself from the poor quality I have found elsewhere. If you don't buy from me, I don't have a problem with that. But I do know what I'm talking about with the Ebay rods. For me, not worth my already wasted time..

And the other stuff I introduced to you... a set of sputtered bearings that fit the ALH rods. Diamond-impregnated diesel performance piston rings. 79.51mm piston ring sets and piston coating techniques are all great finds and worth their use. The oil pump chain upgrade, which I also found. These are all great improvements for the TDI engine. But it makes you mad that I introduced you to them? That seems odd to me.

It reminds me of a owner who asked me why I gave him a total system check for his car he didn't ask for. I guess I thought he'd want to know what was wrong with his car... not like I charged him for the inspection.

I've had a bump in business I need to get back to.

From this point forward, I don't give a tinker's damn what goes on here. I'd just get more of the same. There have been some respondents who support me. You claim there are some that support you. I really don't care. At that point, it comes down to gossip and I'm not really interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.