AK to Portland OR thru Canada

AK islandr

TDI
Silver 03 GLS 5 spd wagon
In a couple weeks I am going to give my TDI some off island exercise and trace a familiar route thru B.C. Have plans to jump from this rock and land at Prince Rupert B.C., turn right at Prince George and snake thru the Fraser River gorge. I am not keen on the cost of CDN fuel so I will be sipping my way thru to WA, but they have good people and alcohol. Crossing at Sumas WA, and have planned an appointment to get some long-term maintenance done at Fixum Haus in PDX. Hope to get in some hikes on Mt Rainier, in the Olympics mountains and maybe the north Cascade range. It surprises me how few biodiesel stations there are in WA, there are none in AK, so I keep an updated list of fuel stations onboard. As a just in case I am bringing crampons, ice axe, plastic boots, gaiters, bivy sack and my day pack ready for any weather. Here in SE AK we have had over 85” of rain this year so far, I am hoping to step out of the rain for just a moment. We had our coldest winter since 1913, the Jetta was not happy some days and pouted.
This is a round trip so my timing has to match the AK ferry schedule, I enjoy the drive and it is cost effective versus taking the ferry from Bellingham WA.