Air Filter Location

Ynot

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2K GLS, Black
I have been driving with a cold air intake system from Evolution motorsports since April 12, 2004. I have driven on wet streets and cloud bursts and have not had any problem. This system places my air filter behind my ground effects airdam 8" off the ground. I have noticed the streets are cleaner since I put this on in my driving areas

Question, any one have positive or negitive experiences using this type of intake system? Inquiring minds wnat to know.

Ynot

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Question, any one have positive or negative experiences using this type of intake system?
Yes, when Fred turns the search engine back on, search on "Turbo Steve" and "hydrolock".

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
When your driving in a storm and you need to use full power to avoid an accident.
that wet filter with a 20psi turbo is not a good thing.

Might be OK for normal driving but if you ever use full throttle.

I know this because I had a supercharged LT1 camaro with the filter in about the same location. On rainy days I couldn't use much over a 1/4 of throttle. Not that my tires with 450+HP would handle it. Anyways I could fell the moist air getting sucked in a bog the engine down.

Ynot

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2K GLS, Black
Thanks to all for the insightful replies. They all make sense and are what I felt would be the case. It is not needed as a daily driver, so I can try and miss the bad weather. On dry days though, look out.

Thanks for the thread link, I knew this was a subject that has been covered before just could'nt find it.

Ynot