AHU swap into 93 Eurovan Weekender

njt1rider

Veteran Member
TDI
T1N
Hahahahahahahhahahaa Chevy "rape" van. Priceless. When did they discontinue that model? Bertha is officially parked in a backyard in nj. I am in south america. I'm still open to doing something with the van but it would now be pretty hard to coordinate :/

ibsam2005

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6M
Hahaha!! Man, being in South America you could get us some sweet diesel engines and ship them state side! I will take a 2.8 International/Powerstroke please.

njt1rider

Veteran Member
TDI
T1N
Believe me, I'm drooling over all the vehicles here. Everything is diesel...EVERYTHING. So many sweet small pickups and "sprinter" type vans. America needs to wake up!

njt1rider

Veteran Member
TDI
T1N
Been awhile... probably final update to this thread:

I blew fifth gear for a second time at 105,000 miles. (almost exactly 50,000 miles after blowing fifth gear for a first time at 50,000 miles). I decided I needed to upgrade to something bigger. I had been living in the van for almost 3 years off and on and I just really needed more space if I was going to continue to live in a van (which I plan to do for at least another 5 years). So the search began. I found a cheap Sprinter Van in Washington DC and decided to go for it. I found a buyer for Bertha up in New Hampshire who will take her to the next level which she deserves. He has already fixed the transmission and has been enjoying the summer in her.

The story is not finished though; through thesamba I found Cole at Cavevan when I had oil pressure problems when I first hit the road and then he once again most graciously helped me weld fifth gear back in when that happened a year or 2 later. As it turns out I am helping him out at Cavevan this summer and we have a 2003 westy with a blown engine that is on deck for a 1.9tdi AND Syncro swap. My dream westy that will never be mine ha! Anyway I think its just great how everything comes around and I am sure I will be spending a lot more time on here again when I start digging into that van to do the swap.

What brought me here is that I saw photobucket released its grasp on our hostage photos and I'm glad my thread has been restored to its original condition as I do not have the patience to go in and fix all the photos.

I have met people throughout the country who have used my thread to convert their own EVs and I think its just incredible what this has become. Anyway, if you converted you EV with the help of my thread, Id love to hear of your success! Maybe post a pic here or just write a note. See ya'll around!

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Wow. One of my favorite threads on the forum! Glad to hear things are going well for you. Thanks for posting and I look forward to hearing about your future adventures.

Josh_WA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI, 1993 Eurovan Weekender TDI(AHU) converted 2/2016, 93 Eurovan MV TDI(1z)(sold!)
Yes, your thread definitely got me going on my swap. I ended up completing two swaps. My builds links are in my signature.