AHU no start, can't bleed Injection pump

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Quantity adjuster. It's the big box in top of the pump that has the fuel return coming out of it.
Just open the harness and inspect the wires. You dont have to do anything other than a visual and feel inspection. That's step one. Dont feel bad, wiring can feel extremely difficult because it's a spaghetti farm.
Just open the split loom and wire tape and inspect each wire back to the ECU.

AHUjackcaddy

TDI
AHU 1.9TDI In a Mk1 Caddy
Oh okay, I will try have a look, spare looms always good to have. I did check the earth's as you mentioned before, gave them a clean up and put them back. Found a lot of cut wires and a couple of small unplugged bits. Getting a book to see where they go too. Hoping if I plug on the new loom I'll be able to do a scan with the obd aswell

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
First time i had to do this was on a Euro Van, had to track the harness back though the firewall to the ECU. turned out to be a wiggly jiggly issue with the fuse block cluster assembly, was an speedometer issue.
Mark6 had the same issue you have, turned out to be the white wire was broken at the harness where it turns at the trans.
do you have VCDS? have you tried seeing if the IP cam arm will sweep?

AHUjackcaddy

TDI
First time i had to do this was on a Euro Van, had to track the harness back though the firewall to the ECU. turned out to be a wiggly jiggly issue with the fuse block cluster assembly, was an speedometer issue.
Mark6 had the same issue you have, turned out to be the white wire was broken at the harness where it turns at the trans.
do you have VCDS? have you tried seeing if the IP cam arm will sweep?

I don't have the vcds, and even if I did it would be no good as whoever put the loom in cut out the obd port 😂 like it was mashed together by a 3 year old

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well. The fact that the harness was butchered and you have no communication with the ECU, this is your 1st area to fix.

AHUjackcaddy

TDI
Ok so a mechanic friend came over today, tested and all seems ok, except glow plugs not getting power, charging the battery tonight so hopefully will get it to start tomorrow now we know the fault 🤞🤞🤞