Additional Restitution

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Thanx GOfaster!.. that was the best explanation I could of asked for..:D

kroll1

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I fax over letter to VW asking about Additional Restitution and within 3 day I got letter in the mail from them saying they will review my case in forthcoming weeks. So looks like they still reviewing and we may get some money.

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
I got a callback from vw saying I signed paperwork for buyback only, no restitution which is correct but they refused to take it if I didn't sign it, car had too many problems to even think about it

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
According to all the main contract and even the council Revised ones, for Salvage and Rebuilt titles cars from Feb 28 , we were entitled to half of the restitution for which we never got. VW customer service lied and said they will check into all the cases and see which ones were paid out by end of September. For which statement I think is it was just buying time and it is bunch of BS.
Does anyone want to try and get lawyer and maybe join forces to make a lawsuit in order to collect on none payed half of restitution on all the cars that they took back with rebuilt titles? I personally dont have anyone in mind , but Im open to any suggestions. Also want to see how many would like to join if any of you want to try and get this done to the end.

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW - DG Buyback
According to all the main contract and even the council Revised ones, for Salvage and Rebuilt titles cars from Feb 28 , we were entitled to half of the restitution for which we never got. VW customer service lied and said they will check into all the cases and see which ones were paid out by end of September. For which statement I think is it was just buying time and it is bunch of BS.

Does anyone want to try and get lawyer and maybe join forces to make a lawsuit in order to collect on none payed half of restitution on all the cars that they took back with rebuilt titles? I personally dont have anyone in mind , but Im open to any suggestions. Also want to see how many would like to join if any of you want to try and get this done to the end.

What ever happened with the 50% restitution payment you had mentioned in your post from a couple of months ago?

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
You think I had only one car ? heheh let be smart about it .Like many here I had several.

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW - DG Buyback
You think I had only one car ? heheh let be smart about it .Like many here I had several.

I never questioned the number of cars you had pending claims on. I just wanted to know if VW had canceled the payment you had confirmed receiving. Sounds like they have made good on paying restitution for certain vehicles.

MGraham

TDI
2000 Jetta, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Golf SE TDI, 2016 Golf GTI.
We received full restitution today for one of the two salvage title cars we handed back to VW last year. It was purchased through IAAI Oct 2016. We were pleasantly surprised since I had about given up hope of seeing anything. TTL

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
We received full restitution today for one of the two salvage title cars we handed back to VW last year. It was purchased through IAAI Oct 2016. We were pleasantly surprised since I had about given up hope of seeing anything. TTL
Awesome news!!!!

vincentld

TDI
2011 JSW TDI
Also just received full restitution check in the mail on one I turned in over a year ago. I figured it would never happen and am very surprised.

lvrpl

TDI
Passat TDI
Did you get any sort of an email notice? Or just a check via snail mail?

And did you get the original payment at turn in (without the restitution portion) via ETF or check at the turn in appointment?

lvrpl

TDI
Passat TDI
Also just received full restitution check in the mail on one I turned in over a year ago. I figured it would never happen and am very surprised.
Same questions as above, if you don't mind-

And did you get the original payment at the turn in appointment (without the restitution portion) via ETF or check?

vincentld

TDI
2011 JSW TDI
I did not get any email notice at all. Just a fedex express envelope with a letter and check.
Original payment was EFT.

single94

TDI
2012 passat tdi
restiution

You need to call them to get status, 248 754 3435, be prepared they will ask you vin, year make model, email address, its actually comical they ask the make really vw, come on, just more hoops.

If you get denied you need to call or email class counsel, they give you standard canned answers. For all of us who were denied we need to stick together.

Its Crazy that they can say a previous owner claimed restitution, when its supposed to be a split at the worst case as i turned the car in and owned it last.

They make it up as they go and how they please

Radek

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
In my case I was told previous owner got the restitution and they don't need to explain anything, class action counsel is a joke

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

MGraham

TDI

And did you get the original payment at turn in (without the restitution portion) via ETF or check at the turn in appointment?

Sorry about the delay. To answer your questions, we got a full sheet registered mailer from FedEx which we had to sign for. We had no prior notice. We got the base payment at turn in. I should mention the car was a 13 manual Passat and therefore we had no repair options on the car. Still no word on a '15 manual Golf TDI we handed in at a later date. (in my opinion one of the best car's I've owned)

MGraham

TDI
Same questions as above, if you don't mind-

And did you get the original payment at the turn in appointment (without the restitution portion) via ETF or check?

The base payment was by EFT. The restitution was just a pleasant surprise in the mail.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Got a check for full restitution for a salvaged Jetta i did a buyback on. Totally forgot they owed me $5K for that.. very happy

Still waiting for few Q7s that might get additional restitution.

mrahul

TDI
If there was a change in the mailing address from when we did the buyback, how do we update it on claims website?
When I login to claims portal to change the address, I just see the message that the buyback has been complete for the car and do not see the option to change the address. I sold the car for the base value too and am waiting for the additional restitution.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Got a check for full restitution for a salvaged Jetta i did a buyback on. Totally forgot they owed me $5K for that.. very happy

Still waiting for few Q7s that might get additional restitution.
Congrats! Same as others, FedEx mailer that you had to sign for?

Anything from Bosch?

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Congrats! Same as others, FedEx mailer that you had to sign for?
Anything from Bosch?
Yeah I think it was FedEx, it was opened by my secretary.

Don't know about Bosch, we did so many buybacks that I gave up on trying to keep track of Bosch checks.