Additional CCM coding and configurations with VDS Pro

lijetta18t

TDI
2019 GSW 4mo 6MT
Now I'm really confused... My original decimal coding was 6, I guess I need a different converter. Either way, it worked. I haven't found anything else that is different, so far.
I would still suggest changing 97 to 4 and seeing if everything continues to work as normal. If not, seriously watch for any changes and document them down because you do have 3 bits enabled that are normally never active. Keep us up to date on this.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I would still suggest changing 97 to 4 and seeing if everything continues to work as normal. If not, seriously watch for any changes and document them down because you do have 3 bits enabled that are normally never active. Keep us up to date on this.
I'll do that. I did change to 4 in the process of trying to get it coded, and that was a negative on the hatch lock mod. I changed it to 4,7, and I think I tried one other one, before I tried 97 which made it work. I'll have to play with it some more.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Now I'm really confused... My original decimal coding was 6, I guess I need a different converter. Either way, it worked. I haven't found anything else that is different, so far.
I worked on a guy's car (2005 Jetta wagon) where the coding of 4370, 4371, 4372 was 6 (00000110). Flipping bit1 was what worked - changed it to 4 (00000100) and the "hatch unlock with doors" worked.

lijetta18t

TDI
2019 GSW 4mo 6MT
I worked on a guy's car (2005 Jetta wagon) where the coding of 4370, 4371, 4372 was 6 (00000110). Flipping bit1 was what worked - changed it to 4 (00000100) and the "hatch unlock with doors" worked.
So, changing 04352-54 Bit 7 from 1 to 0 did not work on a Jetta wagon but did work when changing 04370-72 Bit 1 from 1 to 0? Does this leave the door button to unlock the hatch enabled as well or does this make it work the exact same as how the Golfs work after the unlock hatch option is changed?

Mozambiquer

TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
So far the only thing I've noticed that is different is that the hatch unlock switch on the door still works, even when the doors are locked. Not sure if that's just a passat thing, or if it has to do with the coding I used. I'll have to experiment with the other coding as well.

lijetta18t

TDI
2019 GSW 4mo 6MT
So far the only thing I've noticed that is different is that the hatch unlock switch on the door still works, even when the doors are locked. Not sure if that's just a passat thing, or if it has to do with the coding I used. I'll have to experiment with the other coding as well.
Hmm... Odd. Do you have a list of all current coding for all known memory addresses on your car?

04352-04372?

I'll be curious what else is set on your car. I do suggest you switch back to dec 4 for 04370-72 and see if your door button still works.

bingo mk4

TDI
golf mk4
hello..new here and maybe i bring an old thread. i have golf mk4 with cluster 1j0 920 805 b.is it possible to enable the hood switch so the indicator in my cluster showing the (bonnet is open)??in vcds tell me is not installed...I installed a ccm 1j0 959 799 ah with remote control..without factory alarm.only lock/unlock.the hood switch is tested and working.how can i get the signal to my cluster?thank you..

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
you just have to run a wire from this hood switch to the green plug (in 22 pin) on cluster. If you have the factory alarm then the hood switch already runs to the CCM, so then you just need to also jump wire to cluster. Your lowline cluster may not have the LED anyway so that may also need to have circuit completed in cluster and LED soldered.

bingo mk4

TDI
golf mk4
you just have to run a wire from this hood switch to the green plug (in 22 pin) on cluster. If you have the factory alarm then the hood switch already runs to the CCM, so then you just need to also jump wire to cluster. Your lowline cluster may not have the LED anyway so that may also need to have circuit completed in cluster and LED soldered.
thanks graeme86.i run a wire from t15/1 to greent32/22.nothing.No i don't have factory alarm.this switch has 2 brown wires.i must found where the wires go.then i have to install one of them (but whitch one??) to the ccm?my cluster have the led for the bonnet so i'm thinking it will light the same led.

Mozambiquer

TDI
Hmm... Odd. Do you have a list of all current coding for all known memory addresses on your car?

04352-04372?

I'll be curious what else is set on your car. I do suggest you switch back to dec 4 for 04370-72 and see if your door button still works.
So, i updated on the vag-tacho alternative thread, but I did end up changing the coding to 4 and everything still worked the same, hatch unlocks with the doors, or with the door switch. I also did the same on my new 2005 Passat wagon, and I have one more wagon to do it on.

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
thanks graeme86.i run a wire from t15/1 to greent32/22.nothing.No i don't have factory alarm.this switch has 2 brown wires.i must found where the wires go.then i have to install one of them (but whitch one??) to the ccm?my cluster have the led for the bonnet so i'm thinking it will light the same led.
One wire to microswitch is brown with another trace colour as well. That is the wire. It comes out and should have a connection in left a-pillar loom. If you dont have alarm then none of the t15 plug pins would be active or used. So just jumping from t15/1 pin wont have any power. With alarm T15/1 should already have a wire in that pin. You may have hood emblem in display but there is probably no LED under it so worth checking.

bingo mk4

TDI
golf mk4
One wire to microswitch is brown with another trace colour as well. That is the wire. It comes out and should have a connection in left a-pillar loom. If you dont have alarm then none of the t15 plug pins would be active or used. So just jumping from t15/1 pin wont have any power. With alarm T15/1 should already have a wire in that pin. You may have hood emblem in display but there is probably no LED under it so worth checking.
i don't have factory alarm.maybe thats why i don't have power on T15/1.on some mk4 is open the same led as the bonnet.now i'm waiting a cluster with mfi to install it..

VN86KEN

TDI
passat B5.5 1.9 AVF
Hello, I have made a simple schematic that may help some of you with the mod of replacing the horn by DWA:

Parts needed:

Horn (P/N: 1J0 951 605 (A) ):

Connector and pins (part #: 1J0973703 and 000979131):

and the diagram:

Note: I hope the language is not an issue... if it is, I will do my best to translate.

Enjoy this mod... it is very cool! My collegues here do not believe that I am running the new models horn :D

Note: I have updated the Part Number of the siren today (Jan 16th '07) because at the time that I wrote this post I was convinced that both sirens, 1K0 and 1J0 were compatible but today I am sure that it is not true. Unfortunately because some of you reported that this siren did not work. I never had a single 1K0 siren .... just suspected that LIN-BUS protocol was the same in newer models after 2006 as in older ones (before 2006). I am sorry for the inconveniences :-(
Later: SOLVED! :) Siren work great!!!
old: HELP! I have error at VDS.
" Unknown function or cannot be carried out at the moment " .
VDS is connected ok to CCM.

Last edited:

Vojtech91

TDI
1.9 PD
Hello everybody, I´am new here and this topic is very usefull. I should like ask Masters of EEPROM on few things. I am owner of Skoda Octavia saloon from 2003 with CCM 1C0 959 799B (with 4 electric windows, and Maxidot with sensors for all dors + front and rear bonnet).

I hope this car is similar to Golf mk4, until now I modify CCM with remote control windows by key (with MKM software). Yesterday I found my oldschool laptop with RS-232 port and I hope VDS-Pro will be functional soon. I´am interested about 2 things: add RWA siren without IRÜ (because IRÜ Octavia never have, and I really don´t know how to connect it, and I´am little bit scary about behauvior of car :( ) and remote of tailgate by key. Now I have 2-button key, but I will replace this by 3-button key on same frequency, and I hope by modification CCM I will be able to make ,,bounce,, of trunk door. Firstly, I must take a look on my CCM which numbers I have inside, this is only preparation 😊

• DWA is clear for me, I have unit 1C0.. so I will change wiring of CCM, and connect DWA 1J0… to CCM, and change those 4367/4368/4369 from 225 to 112 and should be all ? What about horn, should be still functional ?

• Tailgate looking harder for me because I have sedan car and not VW, I found bytes only for Passat Variant, Bytes 4361-4363 bit 1 and 4367-4369 bit 1 – where 1 is disabled, 0 is enabled.
Somebody could help me with this please ? :-/ Or somebody who can modify my CCM by those features (I have one virgin 1C0..799B available..)

Thank you very much !

bingo mk4

TDI
golf mk4
i messed up some values of 1j0 959 799 AH 4H zentral ccm..does anyone have the old stock values???

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
bingo Mk4: I know that I don't......

Vogtech91: A piece of advice - do a 'dump' of the CCM before you start making changes. EasyCCM does that quite well. Keep that copy safe.
And, document everything that you do, and don't try to make multiple changes at once. Some bits interplay with other bits, especially the bits relevant to the trunk or tailgate lock.
My total documentation for my journey to get 'tailgate via remote control' active is a stack of forum printouts and notes that's over a half-inch thick.

bingo mk4

TDI
golf mk4
thanks for the advice cuppie...I will have it in my mind from now..so..i change 3-4 values but fortunately i have no problems.i have one other ccm with code 1j0 959 799 AH but in the and is 3C and not 4H.can i copy these values to my first ccmthese 2 ccm have same values?

Vojtech91

TDI
1.9 PD
Vogtech91: A piece of advice - do a 'dump' of the CCM before you start making changes. EasyCCM does that quite well. Keep that copy safe.
And, document everything that you do, and don't try to make multiple changes at once. Some bits interplay with other bits, especially the bits relevant to the trunk or tailgate lock.
My total documentation for my journey to get 'tailgate via remote control' active is a stack of forum printouts and notes that's over a half-inch thick.
Of course I will make a copy to safe place:) this is the first thing I will make before playing with dump file. I read this topic here and many others about tailgate, but I don´t found something which really can help me :-/

locarno

TDI
1.6 16V
I have 1J0 959 799AH in GOLF and 1C0 959 799B in B5.5
Both cars are 5 doors. \

But this mod requiers also hardware changes? I thought it will be ok to only modify ccm values.

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
It's both hardware and software. Software to enable the feature, hardware to actually make use of it. Yes, I can confirm that the coding changes don't do anything, until you modify the driver's window switch block (I did my window switch mods after I did the coding changes. Had no one-touch on the rear windows until I modded the switch.)

VN86KEN

TDI
passat B5.5 1.9 AVF
Cuppie , i think you are last old guy here :)
Do you know how to extend time for alarm siren allert from 20 sec. ( default ) to more?
What happend with @madelgado? Where is? :(

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
@VN86KEN :
Thanks! Appreciate it. But, there are other users that have been here a lot longer (e.g. graeme86.)

Sorry, I don't have an answer to that question.

As to madelgado: I honestly have no idea. He simply dropped off of the internet probably about 10 years ago. I have some of his posts from another forum in that big-ass stack of documentation; he stopped posting there at about the same time that he stopped here.
For all I know, he died. ((shrugs))

bingo mk4

TDI
golf mk4
hello team...this trick with vds-pro for open/close windows with key fob works only to cars with alarm system??i have a golf mk4 2001 year model with ccm 1j0 959 799 AH.it doesn't let me get in 08628 address.error:unknown function or cannot be carried out at the moment.what values i must change???from what addresses??any help???

Last edited:

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
hello team...this trick with vds-pro for open/close windows with key fob works only to cars with alarm system??i have a golf mk4 2001 year model with ccm 1j0 959 799 AH.it doesn't let me get in 08628 address.error:unknown function or cannot be carried out at the moment.what values i must change???from what addresses??any help???
Are you sure that's the correct address for a 1J0- CCM? 1J0- and 1C0- are very, very different beasts.
Help us help you: link to where you found this info? (sorry, we have very full brains. Files get misplaced....)

bingo mk4

TDI
golf mk4
Are you sure that's the correct address for a 1J0- CCM? 1J0- and 1C0- are very, very different beasts.
Help us help you: link to where you found this info? (sorry, we have very full brains. Files get misplaced....)
hello cuppie..yes i'm sure from that i am reading here..post no.565..i thing i see these addresses and values to all vds-pro sites..but my problem is why vds-pro doesn't let me get in the 08628..i think is the drivers window motor..is any one here have the stock addresses and values from 1j0 959 799 ah?

lijetta18t

TDI
2019 GSW 4mo 6MT
hello cuppie..yes i'm sure from that i am reading here..post no.565..i thing i see these addresses and values to all vds-pro sites..but my problem is why vds-pro doesn't let me get in the 08628..i think is the drivers window motor..is any one here have the stock addresses and values from 1j0 959 799 ah?
I just looked at my documentation and on the 1J0 units, comfort windows via fob is listed at the three addresses 04283, 04289, 04295 and controlled by bit 3 = 0. 08628 is the front left door and, you are right, you do need to modify bit 2 to a 1 at this address, along with a few others, for comfort windows to work on the drivers door.

Here are the changes needed:
CCM:
04283, 04289, 04295: change bit 3 from 1 to 0.
FL Door:
08628: change bit 2 from 0 to 1.
FR Door:
12724: change bit 2 from 0 to 1.
RL Door:
16820: change bit 2 from 0 to 1.
RR Door:
20916: change bit 2 from 0 to 1.

If you are not able to read/write to a particular window motor, you may have a failing part, bad wiring on the bus between these motors and the main databus, or something else is not working correctly.

Have you tried KW1281Test over VDS-Pro yet?
KW1281Test

Last edited:

bingo mk4

TDI
golf mk4
I just looked at my documentation and on the 1J0 units, comfort windows via fob is listed at the three addresses 04283, 04289, 04295 and controlled by bit 3 = 0. 08628 is the front left door and, you are right, you do need to modify bit 2 to a 1 at this address, along with a few others, for comfort windows to work on the drivers door.

Here are the changes needed:
CCM:
04283, 04289, 04295: change bit 3 from 1 to 0.
FL Door:
08628: change bit 2 from 0 to 1.
FR Door:
12724: change bit 2 from 0 to 1.
RL Door:
16820: change bit 2 from 0 to 1.
RR Door:
20916: change bit 2 from 0 to 1.

If you are not able to read/write to a particular window motor, you may have a failing part, bad wiring on the bus between these motors and the main databus, or something else is not working correctly.

Have you tried KW1281Test over VDS-Pro yet?
KW1281Test
thanks lijetta 18t.sorry but i'm not so knowledgeable with bits..i can change only values of addresses..no i didn't try the KW1281TEST.the main dada bus is in the ccm??i try 3 ccm and none of them can communicate with 08628.i think i have wiring problem because the window workbut i can see in my cluster when the door is open or close..confused things...

bingo mk4

TDI
golf mk4
hello team.i'm going to upgrade the ccm of golf mk4 from 1J0 959 799 AH to 1C0 959799 B,i know i must make changes to the connectors of ccm and change the windows motors to 1C..can someone tell me what code of keyfob i must look for it??is it true that i must change and the climate control?(one person told me that)..thanks team