Adding power windows Hopefully with ur help

dunebuggy888

TDI
01 golf tdi
Adding power windows Hopefully with your help

01 golf tdi 2 door

I bought 2 new door panels with power window switches. new window regulators and motors....

That was the easy part now for wiring I have an 01 jetta i use for parts could i use that wiring since its a 4 door or should i just cut the plugs and just rig it my self

any sugestions would be great or others that have done it let me know what you did

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Were you not able to get the wiring loom to go with them? I'm planning on doing the same thing at some point too. I use this site for part numbers, maybe it would be possible to get the proper loom with the part number. You need to register but it's free.

http://www.vagcat.com/

I'd also have a look on ebay to see if there was anything on there for sale or maybe if someone on here is parting a car out you could get the loom from them.

I think sometimes you don't get an answer because folk just don't have one, I've got a few threads like that I started. Also sometimes by the time the person who knows comes online your thread is long gone, it's a huge site after all so don't feel to abandoned. :)

GT TDI Golf

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
I've wanted to add power windows to my 2 door as well. From what I've read its not an easy addition hence why I still haven't done it. You'll also need a new CCM and power mirrors/wiring for them. From what my understanding is you'll need to remove the dash to install everything correctly. I read on the 'tex that it would be easier just to use an aftermarket setup with the factory power door panels. Probaby not what you wanted to hear. If you do go forward with the swap please let us know! I would love to do it but really don't want to be the guniea pig. Good luck!

dunebuggy888

TDI
01 golf tdi
I had a 98 jetta and i put power windows in it so il try my best and if it comes out good il do one of those write ups if i fail than il just put a hole in the new leather door panels and use the crank

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well I've decided to go one better, I'm picking up four regulators, all the wiring etc, ccm and anything else I need and converting all mine to electric. I can see a few choice words escaping lol. The Mk4 doesn't have any of the extra wiring pre installed, you want anything that didn't come with it then you have to add the lot. I'm sure it'll be fine though. (said the optimist) :D

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How did you get on OP? I got all the stuff I need but look what I need to sort through

Should really get my head examined lol

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
:eek::eek::eek: Yeah that pic right there changed any inkling of a thought to swapping to power windows for me. I'm brave but not that brave.

I know, it looks mad but there's not that many wires that are actually for the windows, I just took the lot so I didn't miss something I'd needed later. That would be a bummer.

where2

Veteran Member
TDI
One '13 JSW_TDI & One '04 Variant_TDI
Should really get my head examined lol
That's about what I had to go through in the junkyard to extract the heated seat wiring. :) a sharp single edge razor does wonders on all that black tape.

The worst part was disassembling enough of the car to extract that harness... Whole dash had to get out of my way...

dunebuggy888

TDI
01 golf tdi
ok wow I thought i was the only crazy one

You dont need the whole wiring most of them can be spliced it you need the power and fuse wire ites red and white goes from window motor to ccm and than to all other windows

also the bus wires i think there called there orange and green and orange and brown

most of the other wires seem to be the same well you need to splice in new ccm plugs

dont get to excited I have not wired it yet but i will be doing that tommorrow but i went through the wiring for hours and looks good

Im just worried about the new ccm how to program that but i have vcds so il figure that out

GT TDI Golf

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Glad you didn't give up as easy as I did. My friends give me a hard time about the manual windows and all. Ha even my 22 and 19 year old Corrado's have power windows. Did you take any pics so that you could make a DIY? Still pretty sure I'm sticking with what I've got. My 93 Corrado project has been put on hiatus for far to long.

dunebuggy888

TDI
01 golf tdi
I think I will try to do a DYI post. Iv been going crazy for about two weeks so if i get it to work look out for it. but well see I just want to get this done

dunebuggy888

TDI
01 golf tdi
OK UPDATE...... You do NOT need new window regulators to put in power windows rear jetta window motors fit right on to the stock roll up window regulator.. Really i was surprised too. I gave up trying to rewire the new ecm but i just hooked them up like a stand alone my only problem is to get those stock driver switches to do what i want But pasenger side does have power windows half way there