AdBlue same as BlueDEF(Diesel Exhuast Fluid)????

BallaTDI

TDI
'13 Q7 TDI
Just wanted to get this DEF stuff straight. Are they the same spec? Or just the Euro Marketing Brand of Diesel Exhuast Fluid?

I have a '11 F350 6.7L Powerstroke and buy several jugs at a time and was wondering if the regular DEF sold in local stores will work. Dealer makes it sound soo overly complicated when to add AdBlue(LOL). Did I mention EXPENSIVE!

Davesons

TDI
2015 A6
Adblue vs blue def

I’m reaching out to see if anyone can confirm adblue and bluedef can be used interchangeably? I need to refill my adblue in a 2015 a6 and am wondering if I can use bluedef without issue. Thanks

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Nothing has changed since 2012. Def is def is def no matter what name you put on it. Stop by Walmart and buy a couple 2.5 gallon boxes and fill.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
For VW/Audi owners with a vehicle still under the settlement extended warranty, all other things being equal consider letting the dealer fill it, free, per the settlement terms. Fairly painless here in the OKC area, both VW and Audi dealers. Also, if anything goes wrong related to the DEF system, there is proof that only VW/Audi fluid was used. Ask me how I know.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Seems like I saw that for the Treg but not the other cars. Some dealers do it and some don't.
Good point, I should have been thinking more generally -- I was focused on the 2013 Q7 in the OP's signature, which I'm pretty sure qualifies for the DEF. I believe most, if not all, the 3.0l that accepted the emissions modification are eligible but I haven't directly researched them all. These were in the 2nd settlement.

Last edited: