Adblue fault problem

Libtox

TDI
Audi Q7 TDI
Hi I got q7 2012 which gave me the 1000 miles alert I already had the official adblue at home so I went down and fill it up everything fine until after a out 100 miles driven the check engine light comes up and the after about 50 more miles the adblue fault alert comes up and tells me that I have 100 miles left before no restart what could be wrong has anyone experienced this issue before I’m goin got the dealer tomorrow which I’m a little scared because I really don’t want them to tell me I gotta pay a ton of money, also my vehicle was perfomed a diesel fare recall fix on March and has left 40k miles of that warranty has anyone has a knowledge of this issue would be covered under that warranty?

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
Yes, the adblue system is a major component of the emissions system and the dieselgate extended warranty covers all emissions components.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Did you fill it or just put in a half gallon? You should really put in at least 2 gallons if not fill it when the light comes on. By the way and DEF fluid will do. Stop by Walmart and pick up a 2 gallon cube and put that in if you didn't fill it. My Beetle needed a new complete tank and heater assembly at 17k miles all covered under warranty. Get it in there before it stops.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
When I get the notice on my Golf, I put the Walmart DEF. If you're having other service done at the dealer, they usually top it up (for $).

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I would never pay the dealers high prices when it is so readily available almost everywhere for much less. Even if they are already doing work on it. My fill port on the Beetle is by the fuel fill, so very easy to do compared to my old Passat.

JLaskey22

TDI
2012 Audi Q7 TDI
Did you end up finding what was wrong? This just happened to me today with the same vehicle, hopefully it’s nothing serious!

JLaskey22

TDI
2012 Audi Q7 TDI
Hi I got q7 2012 which gave me the 1000 miles alert I already had the official adblue at home so I went down and fill it up everything fine until after a out 100 miles driven the check engine light comes up and the after about 50 more miles the adblue fault alert comes up and tells me that I have 100 miles left before no restart what could be wrong has anyone experienced this issue before I’m goin got the dealer tomorrow which I’m a little scared because I really don’t want them to tell me I gotta pay a ton of money, also my vehicle was perfomed a diesel fare recall fix on March and has left 40k miles of that warranty has anyone has a knowledge of this issue would be covered under that warranty?
Did you end up finding what was wrong? This just happened to me today with the same vehicle, hopefully it’s nothing serious! 2012 Audi Q7 TDI; my check engine light came on and about 50 or so miles the adblue fault came on and said 200 miles till no engine restart. I just filled adblue 2 days prior

tsunamijoe

TDI
2013 Touareg
I'm having the same issue with my 2013 VW Touareg TDI. Fill the def tank up after warning of 1000 mile before the car will not start.
Fill up the tank. The warning went away. Got in the car the next day and the warning light came back on. 550 mile and car will not start warning.
Did you get your car fixed? If so how did you do it?

Mrbond

TDI
2012 Q7, 2015 Jetta
Did you end up finding what was wrong? This just happened to me today with the same vehicle, hopefully it’s nothing serious! 2012 Audi Q7 TDI; my check engine light came on and about 50 or so miles the adblue fault came on and said 200 miles till no engine restart. I just filled adblue 2 days prior
Did you find what happened? I just had the exact same thing happen to me now too! Not sure if because the adblue cap wasn't on tight.