Adblue Fault: No Start 200 miles. A couple of questions and concerns...

renoguy56

TDI
2013 Q7 TDI
Hello all,

I recently topped off the Adblue on my 2013 Audi Q7 TDI as I normally do with some Walmart DEF (it had about 50 miles left until no restart). The next day, I went on a short 150 mile road trip. About 10 miles into the trip, I heard what sounded like fluid sloshing in the passenger side rear of the vehicle and then what sounded like a muffled pop sound and the sloshing stopped. I stopped to check if anything was leaking near the DEF tank/fill tube area but I didn't notice anything wrong. I continued on my trip and then about 100 miles later, I got the "ADBlue Fault: No Start 200 miles" alert. When I got to my destination, I noticed both tailpipe tips were covered with white powder, consistent with dry DEF. I was able to drive it home and had "AdBlue Fault: No Start 20 miles".

First, has anyone experienced this? If so what was the issue? Unfortunately, I don't have VCDS yet.

I got impatient waiting for my VCDS that is on order, so I used my non-VAGCOM OBDII scanner to see if I could find out anything. The only codes stored were transmission error codes. I decided to just clear out the codes and see what would happen. I drove around the block a few times, and so far the neither the check engine light nor any ADBlue nostart alerts have come back.

So, should I be happy that the AdBlue no start alerts stopped popping up? Or should I be concerned that it may be still counting down from the 20 miles no start and it is just not telling me?

Thanks!