Adapter plates

rockin_rich

TDI
BHW
Hey guys, I just bought a BHW 05 Passat TDi, I’m hoping to swap the BHW into my 98 Jeep Cherokee. But I’m not to impressed with the prices of the adapter plates. What do you think has the best bang for your buck? I’m hoping to run an AX15. Who should I go with?

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Sadly the adapter plate is only about half the cost of the conversion. I went with a 2 inch thick adapter for clearance of the tandem pump. I also like using an off the shelf yota flywheel.

The cost of the adapter kit is maybe 50% of the overall swap cost. That's with you paying yourself zero labor.

PradoTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 Toyota LandCruiser LJ78 with ALH Swap
Yeah, in my case the Acme adapter I used was maybe 1/4 the cost of my swap, and I did pretty much all the labor myself. There don't seem to be a lot of options for Jeep/TDI adapter kits, with an AX15 you should be able to use Toyota R150f bell housings for more options. I don't know what the input shaft splines are on the AX15 vs. the R150, so clutch fitment might be an issue.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Whitbread and I think Doomsday both have the 4.0 jeep adapters. I'll pretty sure evguys old company TD conversions does as well.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
The adapter plate is one item you should not skimp on. It's the core of your conversion so get one that you know is right. TDconversions is my vote. Stay away from acme.