Ad blue tank

Suedgr

TDI
2015 golf dportwagon
I have a 2015 golf sportwagon and the pump in the ad blue tank is not working so the car cannot be used until the ad blue tank is replaced. This is covered under the warrantee. My car has been at the dealership since January 2023. Thankfully my dealership has been letting me drive a loaner. There is no date on when this part will be available. It is not being manufactured anymore. Originally they got dates in april, then may, then june, then july and now they have no date. What remedy do I have if the car can not be fixed?

Victor Huge

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf TDI
I think you're down to the following:
  • Used tank/pump from a junkyard or car that someone tuned
  • Ecu tuning to remove the need for urea (voids warranty)
  • Keep driving the free loaner

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Your options are as listed above. Your dealership owes you a loaner as stipulated in the diesel emissions warranty when in for emissions repairs. Just keep driving the loaner until they make you an offer to buy back your car at some point, if the parts don't show. All the miles you are piling on the rental aren't on your car.

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
Your options are as listed above. Your dealership owes you a loaner as stipulated in the diesel emissions warranty when in for emissions repairs. Just keep driving the loaner until they make you an offer to buy back your car at some point, if the parts don't show. All the miles you are piling on the rental aren't on your car.
yeah this 1,000x

if they have it for too long offer to sell the car to them and see if you can make it out with a nice fat check
if they wont buy it, maybe contact a lemon law lawyer? i would be curious they would be interested in that.

Victor Huge

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf TDI
I had adblue low pressure and thankfully it was just a line and not the tank. As much as I enjoyed driving the Atlas loaner (although I absolutely despised the heated windshield as the wires are very visible) I think I'd hate having to fill that thing for several months. Maybe that's the op's situation as well?