Active shutter code '15 Jetta 1.8T TSI

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
My daughters 2015 VW Jetta SE 1.8T TSE, spiked a check engine light on the other day. I got a P05A3 code. When I looked it up it appeared that the code is related to the active shutter mechanism on the car.

The code appeared several hours after she took it to a local car wash less than a mile away and drove the car home. The next day the code disappeared. I am thinking that the wash may have impacted the operation of the unit.

She has the car under an warranty plan at the dealer, so it is going there for a look see. Have any of you experienced this. If so what was the resulting fix. I am more curious than anything.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
It turned out that the fact she went to a car wash iced up that unit, caused a code. The dealer hooked it up to their machine and did an test to make sure nothing was broken or borked. They gave it a clean bill of health, so we are golden.

They cleared the code and advised my daughter that it must be driven over several start stops to reset the system. Thanks to all who PM'd me on my question. We have to endure emission tests in our neck of the woods. She isn't due for a test until next December, so we are good.