AC Question

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
On my 98' NB- the AC cools fine at speed but when I stop and it's at idle- the ac spits out warm air. Start moving again and it gets cool again. Any ideas from those brighter than me?:p

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
Certainly not brighter but had the same issue last year with a twist. Took the car to the local guru and he put the gauges to it. Every thing looked normal then the high side pressure skyrocketed to 500. My previous symptoms were like yours didn't want to cool sitting at idle.
After much emailing to an amazon seller that actually worked on cars he said the expansion valve was at fault. So one valve a drier and 2 cans of juice and everything has been good for close to a year.

Also get a set of o rings.

Last edited:

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
At the top of this forum is a thread that will help you a lot. Dan has put a lot of work into putting the troubleshooting and info together. Hope it helps.

I would say from what I've learned that the you may have one or both fans that do not operate at high speeds perhaps? Maybe one doesn't work at all. Check fan operation and fan control module. The thread is a fantastic aid in figuring out where your problem is.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=242699