Ac issues please send me in the right direction

A.tucker.

TDI
2012 cjaa
2012 vw tdi throwing high pressure switch on the codes. I replaced countless amount of time and changed the harness out and still comes up. I also just replaced the receiver dryer today to see if it would help recharged and not a bit colder and still throwing high pressure. Also replaced the sylinoid on the compressor with no change thanks in advance

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
What or who told you to do all that? A filter dryer lol. No
Honest take it to an AC shop. The $ in tools to do this even close to right is what you will spend there.

A.tucker.

TDI
2012 cjaa
What or who told you to do all that? A filter dryer lol. No
Honest take it to an AC shop. The $ in tools to do this even close to right is what you will spend there.
A guy that works in a shop said to try that that it could have been clogged but I’ve called some vw shops and it’s crazy ridiculous hour labor trying yo figure it out myself

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
My god.
Stop taking bad advice.
Imo your going to spend about $600 in tools and what not to do what would cost a service shop with a warranty to do for $400 to $500.
Filter dryers are only good for 1 things. Catching any remaining moisture that gets into the system for whatever reason. It needs to be vacuumed with the system and installed with a light flow of nitrogen.
High pressure issues usually come from a clogged up condensate coil or a failed expansion valve.
Nothing to do with filters or wire harnesses!

A.tucker.

TDI
2012 cjaa
My god.
Stop taking bad advice.
Imo your going to spend about $600 in tools and what not to do what would cost a service shop with a warranty to do for $400 to $500.
Filter dryers are only good for 1 things. Catching any remaining moisture that gets into the system for whatever reason. It needs to be vacuumed with the system and installed with a light flow of nitrogen.
High pressure issues usually come from a clogged up condensate coil or a failed expansion valve.
Nothing to do with filters or wire harnesses!
I guess I’ll take it somewhere ac is not something I’m to familiar with working on

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I always encourage a diy. And if you invest in a few decent tools it can pay off next time you do the job. But AC is one of those it's very easy to do a poor job without knowing.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
High pressure.. may be the oraface thing that's bolted to the evap lines right at the firewall. Or you could be overcharged.... So many possibilities

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Get a $8 acid test strip for ac. If it fails the test... guess what!
Otherwise it's not a clog and the compressor and orifice is fine. Not a clog.
Almost every time there is debris in the system that does things like this it's from a compressor failing and when they do it creates a acid.
You could also hook up the gauges and see when and what the hi pressure happens.
If it's when you turn the ac back off then it's an expansion valve. If it just keeps going up and up and up... then there is a restriction somewhere. If the pressures are good for an ac system.... then it's not any internal issue

A.tucker.

TDI
2012 cjaa
Get a $8 acid test strip for ac. If it fails the test... guess what!
Otherwise it's not a clog and the compressor and orifice is fine. Not a clog.
Almost every time there is debris in the system that does things like this it's from a compressor failing and when they do it creates a acid.
You could also hook up the gauges and see when and what the hi pressure happens.
If it's when you turn the ac back off then it's an expansion valve. If it just keeps going up and up and up... then there is a restriction somewhere. If the pressures are good for an ac system.... then it's not any internal issue
Speaking that after I recharge the pressure does go up steady where to look for restrictions at?

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Did you clean the condenser coil? Usually high pressure is caused by lack of cooling across the condenser. Bad rad fan can cause this too.

A.tucker.

TDI
2012 cjaa
High pressure.. may be the oraface thing that's bolted to the evap lines right at the firewall. Or you could be overcharged.... So many possibilities
I just replaced still throwing high pressure code I think I’m done fooling with it ****s giving me a headache

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Pumps dont make high pressure issues. They make low pressure issues unless they have acid test fail.

Stanadan

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I was very fortunate with my 2000 Jetta AC. It was blowing cool, not cold. I haven’t done any service on it in 20 years! I did take the vents and ducts apart to remove the old foam years ago.
I took my car to Jetta 97 in Dallas to have the diff seals replaced. I asked him to put a can of Freon in it and he said ok. That didn’t help. He said your compressor is bad! Huh? $700 for a new one. Huh?
But I have a slightly used one for $300. Now we’re talking! So he replaced the compressor, receiver/drier, evacuated the system, recharged, diff seals, AND did the brake fluid swap for a very fair price!
I left it with him due to parts being unavailable, but
that is the norm these days! Thanks Marin! Dan

A.tucker.

TDI
2012 cjaa
Pumps dont make high pressure issues. They make low pressure issues unless they have acid test fail.
Took to a shop said compressor was bad. I mentioned high pressure switch and that it in gaged the clutch and still said my compressor was bad. I just replaced with a new one and it’s a high pressure code still but it’s 00819 code checked wires they were solid pressure switch is new along with the harness. On my OBDeleven it says open circut/short circut to ground. So my next step is the relay I couldn’t find anything online where it is along with looking in the owners manual

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
you took it to a shop... did they do any work?
a compressor could cause a clog in areas thus making too much pressure butt he pump is still operating.
an $8 acid test....

A.tucker.

TDI
2012 cjaa
you took it to a shop... did they do any work?
a compressor could cause a clog in areas thus making too much pressure butt he pump is still operating.
an $8 acid test....
It’s not cutting on it don’t take enough Freon to do anything. Hooked gauges up in shop good levels but both high and low were reading the same

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It’s not cutting on it don’t take enough Freon to do anything. Hooked gauges up in shop good levels but both high and low were reading the same
That makes no sense.
How can you have good levels if you do jot have the compressor running.
Holy cow dude... go to a different shop and never go back. If some treeker told you that the compressor is bad just by seeing that the numbers are the same with out it being on... yes no.

A.tucker.

TDI
2012 cjaa
All I need to figure out is the problem with that code and what is causing it. Can’t find any diagrams or anything hardly online to search back to

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
things usually are an electrical issue. could be as simple as a busted fuse block.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ok, ive never replaced a module and that to me is the only reason why you would need to do that... not the compressor..... are you saying that if just the compressor is serviced or replaced that the controller will not run it unless told to?
clearly this is not a break in or anything... just telling it to run.... hence why i was curious because i have never in my life heard of a compressor needing to be broken in lol. i did more comercial and geo systems then i did automotive and usually was always older systems then 2015..... forgive my ignorance.