AC issue

Red Antler

TDI
2011 VW Golf 2.0 6MT
Hello again all, I've recently run into my AC blowing nothing but hot air, here is the VCDS readout. Upon taking it to a local shop for a diag, they told me it holds pressure. Mind you, they seemed less than honest. Any ideas? Entire compressor? Just the valve? Thanks

DrGERTol

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Variant (JSW) 6MT
Find the Refrigerant Pressure reported at Address 08 from high pressure sensor G65, e.g.:
Code:
                Address 08: Auto HVAC  (3C8 907 336 AJ)
  IDE00198-ENG100282   Refrigerant pressure-MUX Kaeltemitteldruck 8.0 bar
At 68F (20C) ambient, this should be (at least) 4.0 bar. --g

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Find the Refrigerant Pressure reported at Address 08 from high pressure sensor G65, e.g.:
Code:
                Address 08: Auto HVAC  (3C8 907 336 AJ)
  IDE00198-ENG100282   Refrigerant pressure-MUX Kaeltemitteldruck 8.0 bar
At 68F (20C) ambient, this should be (at least) 4.0 bar. --g
thanks! I'm having issues with mine as well.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
An air conditioning system cannot "blow hot air". Because physics. The pressure differential can cause a drop in temp, or no drop it temp. It cannot RAISE the temp.

When the system is switched to ON, with the engine running of course, there should be after about one second or so, an increase in the refrigerant pressure sensor value from static, and it should continue to rise until the cooling fans come on, then it may level off depending on how hot it is.

If there is not enough pressure to turn the fans on, and the system is known to be FULL BY WEIGHT (which, you cannot tell with a static gauge reading, full by weight means the system was evacuated, vacuum placed and held, and recharged the full amount as the label under the hood states), then chances are the RCV is bad. However in some cases, the compressor is the culprit. And, also, the pressure sensor itself can have issues although that was usually more problematic on the older (BRM era) cars than on the CR era cars.