AC/Heater Blower Troubleshooting

k98shooter

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Good Evening, My AC blower suddenly quit working. Blower fuse and thermal fuse of the the blower resistor appear to be intact (it probably wouldn't be a culprit any way, the since blower is not working at any speed selection). I haven't tested the blower motor itself, but there is no incoming voltage on its feeder wires when engine running, at any speed selection of the blower. I am stuck at this point, Any suggestion would be much appreciated, it is hot and humid in South Jersey now...

On a separate note, when inspecting fuses, I noticed two vacant fuse receptacles and two fuses were (ostensibly vacant) were melted :eek: in the cabin fuse compartment. Not sure what might have caused it, and I wonder if this has to do something with the blower issue. Thanks.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
First step is always VCDS asking the HVAC controller for reported errors.

cc3winds

TDI
Good Evening, My AC blower suddenly quit working. Blower fuse and thermal fuse of the the blower resistor appear to be intact (it probably wouldn't be a culprit any way, the since blower is not working at any speed selection). I haven't tested the blower motor itself, but there is no incoming voltage on its feeder wires when engine running, at any speed selection of the blower. I am stuck at this point, Any suggestion would be much appreciated, it is hot and humid in South Jersey now...

On a separate note, when inspecting fuses, I noticed two vacant fuse receptacles and two fuses were (ostensibly vacant) were melted :eek: in the cabin fuse compartment. Not sure what might have caused it, and I wonder if this has to do something with the blower issue. Thanks.

Hello my

cc3winds

TDI
Hello my '14 Sportwagen TDI's blower just stopped working completely.....I just drove it for the 1st time today. What fuse is the one I need to check? I can not find a listing of the fuse numbers anywhere. Where is the blower located and how hard is it to access if it needs to be changed out?
Thanks, Nothern NJ...it's getting cold now .