ABS Lights on dash - Fault 00668 - Vehicle voltage terminal 30 - lower limit not reached

middle40

TDI
03 VW Touran
Hi all,

....Apologies if this is in wrong section. Can never find a Touran specific one in vw/tdi forums

Have a touran TDI 2013.

ABS light used to come on sporadically. New battery seemed to cure the fault. Then slowly came & went again. Now on permanent.

ABS Lights on dash on startup, extra warning light comes on when driving over 10mph. Have cleared codes they come back. I've read some threads about checking fuses, connections and cleaning grounds under battery.

All good pointers but a little vague - what fuses to check / replace? All looks good in there.

Someone mentioned connection under steering column and I'm sure one of the faults came up on scan when checking steering angle sensor but i might be imagining that bit

I'm assuming dodgy connection somewhere but not sure how to investigate.

Any help appreciated

Cheers
M.

Last edited:

middle40

TDI
03 VW Touran

Found this inline 20a fuse. Does this look like an aftermarket addition? Anyway it was blown. I thought i had solved it, replaced it clear faults, faults back.... Need to remove battery to see where it goes. Can anyone confirm it is aftermarket addition? It has a a cheap looking blue crimp

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Most definitely aftermarket fuse. For what, you will have to trace the wire to find out. Have you scanned the car for codes with VCDS? Anyone nearby that can scan it for you? All of my ABS light issues have thus far been directly related to ABS sensor malfunctions. A scan would point you in the right direction.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Check the fuses on or near the battery, usually a little black box thing with a flip up lid and alternator cable goes to it before the battery. Just check they're all good and nothing looks burnt if you have it still, I'm not sure if or when they might have stopped using that set up.

As for the steering angle sensor, it's behind the steering wheel, has the clock spring etc for the horn and air bag plus any switches on the steering wheel.

middle40

TDI
03 VW Touran
Thanks all - I've had a quick look at fuses and they all look ok. I'm using this site as a fuse diagram but not 100% sure its accurate.
doesn't state 2013 model only up to 2010

middle40

TDI
03 VW Touran
And the title is the fault code I got from OBD scan - all I have available at the moment
Fault 00668 - Vehicle voltage terminal 30 - lower limit not reached

middle40

TDI
03 VW Touran
Charged battery overnight just to be sure voltage is good. Getting 14.1 - 13.8 voltage when engine running. Checked grounds from battery they're pristine. Fuses look good next to the battery but I need an updated diagram for the interior if there is a ABS fuse in the inside fuse box

middle40

TDI
03 VW Touran
I've read in some inexpensive fuses the fuse element cracks and you can't tell it bad.
You really need a meter or test light.
Also, have you checked this:
Yes checked that before thanks but it didn't really help me out too much as Ross tech doesn't list 'Lower limit not reached'.

The fuse listed as being the ABS one I actually replaced. The grounds look good. The problem I have is not knowing what other electrical to check.

Fuse replaced, grounds inspected, battery charged...

All I really want to do is isolate if it is an electrical / wiring issue external from the unit or the actual unit before putting it into a garage.

Thanks for the help