ABS light on/off

cochrank

TDI
2002 Jetta
I first want to thank everybody on here for past help, this really is a great place to look things up or the do-it-yourselfer. Now to my recent issue. I have a 2002 Jetta TDI. I recently replaced the right front ABS sensor (six months ago) which was an initial cause if an ABS light. Everything was fine until recently. The ABS light came on. After running VAGCOM it stated right front sensor error- intermittent. I though WOW just replaced this so i checked my wiring/connection and cleaned the front of it. Light still remained on. Cleared code and it came back on after awhile. Well not wanting to spend money right away i left it alone. A few days later it went off but as soon as I lightly touched the brake the ABS kicked in (Not when you really push only lightly). Light still didn't come on so i didn't think much about it. Few days later it came on again for awhile and then back off, etc. Everytime it goes of though, when you lightly touch the brake you can feel the ABS kick in. Has anybody had this issue and know the cause or can someone tell me what to look for? Thanks again for the help.

cochrank

TDI
2002 Jetta
just wanted to update. I was able to fix this situation and i found out it was a faulty sensor (I measured the ohms). Company replaced for free.

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
ABS sensor

cochrank said:
just wanted to update. I was able to fix this situation and i found out it was a faulty sensor (I measured the ohms). Company replaced for free.
What was name of that honest company!:)

deepseafortydog

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Sportwagen, 2011 Touareg TDI
cochrank said:
Hey cochrank - I got the same problem on my wife's 2000 Jetta. Where is that sensor and what's the resistance its supposed to be?

Thanks, JP

short_fuse

TDI
99 Jetta, 2004 Ram 2500
ABS Sensor

deepseafortydog said:
Hey cochrank - I got the same problem on my wife's 2000 Jetta. Where is that sensor and what's the resistance its supposed to be?

Thanks, JP
I'm standing in line wanting to know the same thing.... mine has been going on and off since we had a bad cold spell about 3 weeks ago. (0 degrees F, and the car had ice everywhere. Figure I pulled a connection loose.)

cwarner

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta also have a 2001 Dodge ram /Cummins
Same thing is happening to mine... it's getting kind of annoying .. it's on , then it's off , then on...
I've got to Vag com it to find which sensor is bad. Then the fun of changing it in low teen's weather.

dusty67

TDI
02 Jetta auto
Wife just called said her ABS light came on, why do the sensors go bad in the cold? It is zero here, probably warm compared to some areas.