About to Buy a Neuspeed P cone! for Jetta TDI

Hwy_Demon

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDi
I have a 2004 Jetta TDI with only 45k on it. Any suggestions. I figured after everything I have been reading its easier to get a cone and prolly would breath a little better. Just checked the OEM filter today and its so NASTY. can I get anyone opinion on this?

Im getting it for $150 CND

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
There are two divided camps about this. Since you asked, my opinion is that nothing will trump the OEM's filtration. that's why I have all OEM stuff, just bigger and slightly modded. It's cheaper by far to go with aftermarket but I care too much about my compressor wheel and what else goes in my engine to use anything but OEM. Just my .02 The aftermarket cone filter could work just fine, plenty of other members here use them and like it...

pdxgrease

Veteran Member
TDI
none
that neuspeed is the kinda mod somebody from the gasser world thinks they need. The stock airbox is not the first thing holding you back. I would strongly recommend going for some nozzles if you want to wake her up. I had my 2002 tdi modded to around 180hp / 300ftlbs and was using the stock box. It was not the limiting factor. Get to understand the whole package in regards to what you need for tuning. I dont want to see you throw your money away.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yeah, many other better places to start for power mods. The inlet to the VNT is only about an inch and a half across. :p

Hwy_Demon

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDi
Thanks guys. Im looking at nozzles now and hoping to find a chip that wont hurt my car? Im not looking for serious power but a lil more would be nice Im trying to go for more MPG. any suggestions?

Silver04RS

TDI
I need one.. PM me
Well how about a K&N drop in panel filter (stock box)... or something similar?

are there any dyno charts with stock/panel/ full intake ?

MethylEster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5. Red, 5 Spd
Somewhere in this forum I remember reading about dyno pulls both using the stock air intake and an aftermarket cold air intake. Results showed absolutely no difference. Save your $$$

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Hwy_Demon said:
Thanks guys. Im looking at nozzles now and hoping to find a chip that wont hurt my car? Im not looking for serious power but a lil more would be nice Im trying to go for more MPG. any suggestions?
A set of Bosio Sprint 520's or PP520's will give you anywhere from 10-15hp and 30-40ftlbs of torque. Add to that a nice 5% gain in mileage if you are gentle...