AAZ IP leaking

Mastadilla

TDI
1983 rabbit truck diesel aaz swap
New to the aaz game. Wondering if anyone could help me identify this leak. What is leaking here and is it a quick fix? Looks like something has also been JB welded before in this area around that section. I ordered a new seal kit, but am I looking at just needing to get a new pump?
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmTJhSA8

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
What’s leaking, is only what you can see. There’s a tiny o-ring inside the aneroid, that truly leaking. Its been forever since I replaced it, but I believe it’s sealing the fuel pin. you may find the rubber diaphragm inside is damaged from the leaking fuel.

Not sure what kit you ordered, but I think it’s dgk 126, for the TD ip. Getting to that pin is not fun!

-Todd

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Honestly, you’d be better off on VWdiesel.net. this is a TDI forum.

-Todd

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Resealing not hard just requires time and attention to detail. You should be able to find some good reseal threads on vwdiesel.net with pictures etc.

Last edited:

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
IIRC you have to completely remove the top and aneroid in order to replace the o-ring, and Todd is correct, if it's been leaking for a while the diaphragm inside may be damaged, and there's no replacement part for that.

I've only replaced that o-ring once, and that car is long gone, but it was no fun to get to it.

Steve