'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Download doesn't seem to be working. File extension is .bin

Tony

NateDawg

TDI
2005 TDI Jetta, 2001 1.8T Jetta
Download doesn't seem to be working. File extension is .bin

Tony
You may have clicked the wrong link. Its one of those stupid free hosting sites so its all full of ads that say download. You have to hit "download this file" and put in a 4 digit security thing from an image.

I'll just do this instead:

Without seals

With seals

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks, that helps!

I did the download, as you described, but no luck.

Thanks!

Tony

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NateDawg,
Thanks! That worked.

I found Tyco's extraction tools:
For the small series: PN 539960-1
Everything described as Medium & large: 1-1579007-6

But, they are expensive. The cheapest I found, was at Newark Electronics (newark.com), ~$80

NateDawg

TDI
2005 TDI Jetta, 2001 1.8T Jetta
Yeah I just use a set of small flathead screwdrivers to do extraction. It doesn't work the best but I've gotten pretty good at it.

I don't remember if it was in this thread or another but someone suggested to get a paladin 1300 crimper with the 2033 die. Picked both up on Amazon for about $60 and it works wonders!

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
can anyone find the tyco/te-connectivity part number for the terminal ends used for the two special connectors on the mk4 style relay holder? these guys: 000979212

i can find just about all the other types of connectors ends except these particular ones :(

dealers are having a closeout special on the mk style relay holders... 1stvwparts.com has them for about $.80 a piece! i have a wiring project and trying to decide whether or not to use mk4 style relay holders, but if i can't find a source for the bulk terminal ends then i will use something else....

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
well, after hours of sleuthing and then some help from RacerTodd, i found those connectors. mouser has them, but digikey has much better pictures of them! they are the mark I/amp line:

example of one of them:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/927853-6/A106960-ND/2056151

and this one 160773-6 at mouser, only $.15 a piece for pack of 100 (10-15ga wire range), which is perfect, since those are generally the relay coil connections.

Last edited:

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
hello wiring nerds... i've created a new thread, that i hope to maintain to "cross-reference" at least the most commonly used vw electrical terminals... if you have any input, part numbers, errors to point out, suggestions, etc, let me know :)

touaregv10tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDi,2000 Beetle TDi, 2016 BMW X5 Diesel, 2004 Touareg V10 TDi,2015 Beetle TDi, 2005 Jetta TDi
I need few of these TYCO 963715-5 equivalent of 000 979 009 A (Gold plated) I think this is the one for the wire harness plug on the 2005 Jetta TDi PD
Does anybody have few to spare ? I found the sites but I don't need a whole bunch.

Just three or so. Off course I will pay for it. Anybody ?

jamie

TDI
vw golf mrk 1v gt tdi 110
hi everyone been reading through this thread with amazement at the vast amount of knowledge about wiring that you guys have and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for a project we have ongoing at the moment. we are fitting a set of can bus-based clocks into a non can bus-based car which doesn't have can wires going into the back of the green cluster plug, the can wires leave the ecu and are then seen going into the plug junction box but don't go to the green plug so i basically need 2 repair wires that can fit into the can high and can low pins on the green cluster plug on a vw mk4 golf and can be connected to the wires from the ecu here's a link to the build thread incase anyones interested http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/232194-the-never-ending-clocks-saga/
cheers everyone

jamie

TDI
vw golf mrk 1v gt tdi 110
is it possible to buy wire with a connector at each end so they would slot straight in ? If so does anyone have a part number, a local vw dealer gave me a pile of repair wires with various ends for free but there all male ends and I take it the connections inside the green plug are all female ends

Last edited:

RacerTodd

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI
I've been reading several posts about installing a full or half-FIS style cluster in my car. This requires adding a couple of wires to the green connector.

Repair wires with the part number 000 979 008 is what they list as being used for the green connector.

HotSpot79

TDI
PASSAT
Good topic,

I'm looking for replacement for the following wires:

000 979 010
000 979 020

Does someone has a replacement?

Thnx

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
You can get them from 1stVWParts.com:

WIRE SET
Make: Volkswagen | New
Part#: 000979010EList Price: $13.68
Your Price: $8.21

WIRE SET
Make: Volkswagen | New
Part#: 000979020EList Price: $13.68
Your Price: $8.21

If the shipping/customs are too high, just take the numbers to your nearest VW dealer and see if they'll price match. Note: US $8.21 = Cdn $8.95 (US $13.68 = Cdn $14.92) as of 19 Aug 14

Last edited:

Goku85

TDI
No TDI, 1.8t GTI
You can also go to any Audi or Porche dealer and get them. I have been lucky enough to get them free at the local Audi dealer.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Rad10

TDI
Superb 4x4 TDI
This is a very is useful thread.
I am not sure whether it is too late to ask for advice on this.
I am looking for a terminal pin for a pin4 on a Superb II BCM to connect heated windscreen washer jets.
Are they
N 103 358 07 / N 000 979 131 or N 906 844 05 / N 000 979 133?

graeme86

Veteran Member
TDI
Not yet - fuel is too cheap! - 3.2 VR6 R32
000979131E are very small pins. 000979133E would be the larger size ones used for a higher current like for the heated jets. Presumably the numbers you quote are the possible size pins used with that particular terminal plug.

Rad10

TDI
Superb 4x4 TDI
Below I have inserted a snapshot of the BCM. Looking at pin 4 on socket A would you say that it is a 000979133E terminal?

Edit, the copied picture appeared as text.
Can I upload an image from my PC?

Last edited:

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
This site is in Germanhttps://www.a4-freunde.com/showwiki.php?title=Pins+und+alles+was+dazu+gehoert, but the charts don't need Deutsch-knowledge to decipher (just scroll down until you see a chart.) They show the corresponding VW wires, but also the connector type and size of a VW wire. With the type and size, you can buy the terminals from several US electrical vendors.

I explained how I used it here for an MK7 http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=485095

Buying the terminals is much cheaper than buying repair wires, but does take longer to figure out for sure.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
And here, courtesy of our friend Google, is the translated site link:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.a4-freunde.com%2Fshowwiki.php%3Ftitle%3DPins%2Bund%2Balles%2Bwas%2Bdazu%2Bgehoert

Or as a much shorter link: https://tinyurl.com/y7qjj9c5

Here is the procedure to do the same with other non-English (or vice-versa) websites:
Open a web browser and go to translate.google.com. You don't need a Google account to access it, because it's free to all. In the text box on the left, type in the entire URL (including the http://) of the website you want to view. On the right, choose the language you want to see the website in. After the translated link appears in the right text box, just either click on it or copy and paste it into a new tab.

Last edited: