A Nod to the Experts here

irvingj

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon TDI (PD/BEW)
Likewise. I got on here very quickly after buying my lovely little baby diesel wagon... Still learning!! (Thanks!)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Because of what I do for work I often visit other forums and am largely discouraged by the poor quality of the information and behavior that I read. This site sets a very high standard. And even though I'm a vendor, I'm very happy that Fred has kept the site ad free. Makes a big difference.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I visit other forums also and the adds are so annoying, I too am glad Fred has kept this site add free. To do that Fred relies on donations from users (that’s us). Just a plug for Fred and an add free experience if you have never donated before please consider it, I’m ashamed to say I was a regular user for years before I finally donated.

Most of the forums I see are long on adds, complaining, the sage advice of “take it to the dealer” and what mega head unit I’m installing. This forum has some great people that are patient and willing to help. If I started listing them I would forget someone but IBW is certainly among them as is oilhammer.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
If I gave a nod to all the experts on here I'd look like a bobble head ! ;-O

Seriously tho , there are a lot of good folks here! .... Great forum and very helpful people.

Thanks all

Andrew

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Yep, as been said above by some/all others, this is the best forum group both in people and operation. Let's hope that it can stay this way. Most of the forums I use on a regular basis are owned by the same big corporation (I'm sure you all know which one) and it's all about advertising to the point that little room is left for reading/writing posts.
While I miss the knowledge of many of the great members who are no longer/seldom contributing we still have outstanding articles and current knowledge base that is exceptional. And kindly willing to help.
Thanks for almost two decades!!

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Absolutely I mirror everything that is said.
I am a part of a few vehicle forums, motorcycle, dirtbike , sled, HID forum, to name a few.
This forum is definitely full of respectable, knowledgeable people who are willing to help others out too. I feel lucky because the 3 forums that I frequent the most all seem to be a great community.

I try to give back to every forum that I'm apart of. I have done a lot of tech writeups over the big 3...some very simple to help a beginner DIYer out, and some have gone into detail and the amount of work involved the majority wouldn't want to tackle. If I'm doing something that I feel lacks in good information to the user, I'll do it over and try to bring it down to everyone's level, since when I ventured into all of this with my very first vehicle, I had a lot of help. Not just my first vehicle, but when I changed vehicles to something new (gas to diesel for example). I ask a lot of questions and I know the people that want to help out want to see others succeed in their endeavors.

That all being said the ad thing...yes a lot of new forum changes everywhere have been happening, it seems one or 2 companies have the monopoly on the forum platform industry now. I really like that this forum is ad free yes.

But if you guys haven't heard of Ublock Origin, I suggest that you download it for your browser.
All the other forums that I go to have ads, but I use Ublock and have never encountered or had an issue with ads across the platforms using this extension.